Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][4.0+][v1.3] Identiconizer! - Identicons For Your Contacts, [XPOSED] Optional

OP GermainZ

27th September 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #151  
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 89

691 posts
More
Great news on the fonts and dual initials!
28th September 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #152  
Flag Paris, France
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
More
Yep +1 for dual initials! Waiting for it
Edit : another alternative could be to let user choose between Name and Forname as initial

Sent from my OnePlus One.
Last edited by adanteny; 28th September 2014 at 11:01 AM.
1st October 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #153  
Flag Sorry, [I am] limited to 8 thanks per day
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
Donate to Me
Service ring managed well
I hope you can be inspired to manage (/system/..) sound files for ringtones [especially], alerts, alarms, and whatnot. After tediously assigning sounds android has a history with me of doing whatever after any effort to that end.

With root I stuff sound files in ./media to eliminate the SD card access lag. While a Class6 card has less-slow random read times [than Class10] it is still noticeably abysmal.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::: what follows in 2nd post is UNRELATED to app request above ::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincho_rvp

nowhere whatsapp warned

Why would they want to inform you that you are actually using Xmpp (with not awesome federation)? Weasels don't like to make such confessions.

You should be irked that such an app "requests" access to [read] your contacts

You could upgrade yourself to Xmpp Texting. Pick a client that supports OTR (Xabber, yaxim, conversations, Tigase Pro... to name a few)

infos:
http://xmpp.org
http://wiki.xmpp.org
http://xmpp.net
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ha...smproof-req-00
http://prismproof.org/resources.html
https://prism-break.org/

OTR keeps your texting private (with encryption that most Luddites can operate).
https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

I do not and will not use Whatsapp. It is another brain dead bloatware

It's rebranded- and degraded XMPP. Facebook has a similarly backward implementation {oath, et al}.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincho_rvp

that deleting photos from all contacts ... although sincronize whatsapp

Back in GingerBread one Contact Provider could not access the data set of a differing Contact Provider. This made it vexing to backup multiple sets of contacts. This made not-using google properties all the more appealing.

In any case I strongly recommend licensing dmFS Contact Editor PRO:

http://dmfs.org/editor/

Unless you have a phone but do not primarily use it as a phone like the majority of zombies pouring money down the sms text hole.
Last edited by RedScotch; 1st October 2014 at 10:07 AM. Reason: phones are for phoning
1st October 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #154  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 7,337

5,911 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScotch

I hope you can be inspired to manage (/system/..) sound files for ringtones [especially], alerts, alarms, and whatnot. After tediously assigning sounds android has a history with me of doing whatever after any effort to that end.

I'm not interested in making an app like that. You can try asking in the Android Q&A forum to see if one already exists, or if someone else might be interested.
The Following User Says Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
how get list style!!
Great work!!

I'm new working with android, and I would like ask you something, maybe you can help me if you have time. I made an application and it works ok. but I didn't give to it style yet. it's a simple app to show a list of stations and then a station details. I would like show the list like your app.. boxes with different colors but with a number and not a letter. How can I do it?

Thanks for your time.
24th October 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #156  

5,911 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gon250

Great work!!

I'm new working with android, and I would like ask you something, maybe you can help me if you have time. I made an application and it works ok. but I didn't give to it style yet. it's a simple app to show a list of stations and then a station details. I would like show the list like your app.. boxes with different colors but with a number and not a letter. How can I do it?

Thanks for your time.

Take a look at identicons/LetterTile.java to see how the images are generated. The rest is just a custom ListView.
The Following User Says Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #157  
Thanks Meter: 146

759 posts
More
I use Gmail style I don't know if is possible but can you give us the possibility to change the color of icons to better distinguish certain contacts under the same letter that have the same color.
7th December 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #158  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 690

1,400 posts
More
@GermainZ there was request long time ago about have 2 Letters from First name Last name . you said it was good idea.
Did you still thinking of adding this option ?
I have so many Contact with same letter it all look confusing
Thanks for your hard work
7th December 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #159  

5,911 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclu

I use Gmail style I don't know if is possible but can you give us the possibility to change the color of icons to better distinguish certain contacts under the same letter that have the same color.

You mean different colors for the letter? If so, no. I don't mind adding more background colors if they look good, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netuser

@GermainZ there was request long time ago about have 2 Letters from First name Last name . you said it was good idea.
Did you still thinking of adding this option ?
I have so many Contact with same letter it all look confusing
Thanks for your hard work

Yes, it's definitely planned. Unfortunately, I haven't found the time to add it yet (hopefully, I'll get it done in a few weeks).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #160  
Thanks Meter: 146

759 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

You mean different colors for the letter? If so, no. I don't mind adding more background colors if they look good, though.

Yes, it's definitely planned. Unfortunately, I haven't found the time to add it yet (hopefully, I'll get it done in a few weeks).

I don't mind about more colors for background nor for the letters simply when I have many contacts under the same letter and they have the same background colors it should be great if we can apply an different backgrounds colors for certain contacts. For example I choose the contacts in contacts list with the same background colors then reuse "Create Identicon for selected contacts" to apply randomly of course different colors except the first applied colors.

Sorry I use an translator.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread