Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S5 screen TOO sensitive?!?!

OP ewokuk

9th November 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #21  
Flag hamburg
Thanks Meter: 0

50 posts
More
renders the device useless
i am happy to have the s5 as my second device, so i just play around with it. were i to have to use it as my primary device, i'd go mad, as it has a mind of its own and applications and actions are triggered by themselves, thus disturbing whatever workflow i find myself in, on a regular basis. i presume this is the case with all large screen devices with very little non sensitive areas around the border.
26th November 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #22  

9 posts
blah blah blah...
So, after all this yammering: defective, not defective, screen away from your body... blah blah blah
Is there an answer to the original question: Is there a way to reduce screen sensitivity?
I have the same issue (coming from the S3).
I would even consider a screen protector (as much as I hate them).

It is maddening.
It is the single most annoying thing about this phone, followed closely by the locked bootloader

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller?
26th November 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #23  
Flag Gothicus
Thanks Meter: 819

3,742 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biTToe

So, after all this yammering: defective, not defective, screen away from your body... blah blah blah
Is there an answer to the original question: Is there a way to reduce screen sensitivity?
I have the same issue (coming from the S3).
I would even consider a screen protector (as much as I hate them).

It is maddening.
It is the single most annoying thing about this phone, followed closely by the locked bootloader

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller?

The screen is perfect. Try using it with gloves, works even without the extra sensitive setting. And as for activation in pocket, my s3, optimus 4x, xperia sp etc all did this. Use a password or your fingerprint sensor, touchscreens are sensitive because if they weren't they would suck
Last edited by @non4; 26th November 2014 at 11:37 PM.
6th December 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #24  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @non4

The screen is perfect. Try using it with gloves, works even without the extra sensitive setting. And as for activation in pocket, my s3, optimus 4x, xperia sp etc all did this. Use a password or your fingerprint sensor, touchscreens are sensitive because if they weren't they would suck

I am glad you like your phone, that is very nice...
But your reply was totally non-contributory and you're suggestion to use gloves is asinine. There are many of us with this problem. Perhaps there is no solution but we are seeking HELP, not the yammering of some self-important fanboy with nothing useful to say.
7th December 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #25  
Flag Gothicus
Thanks Meter: 819

3,742 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biTToe

I am glad you like your phone, that is very nice...
But your reply was totally non-contributory and you're suggestion to use gloves is asinine. There are many of us with this problem. Perhaps there is no solution but we are seeking HELP, not the yammering of some self-important fanboy with nothing useful to say.

Hahaha really? I meant try using gloves to demonstrate something, not to actually wear gloves all the time. Fanboy? Nah, I went for the best deal, I quite fancy the xperia z3, I have no brand preference except no apple, and even that would change if they did. My suggestion is a secure lockscreen, or some sort of touch blocking app when touch is not desirable. I can think of no other solution, really the problem is non secure lockscreen being too easily activated, had this problem with my old htc and my lg. Music annoys me too, sometimes skipping tracks but its rare. The only full fix would be a kernel with a sensitivity module of some sort
Last edited by @non4; 7th December 2014 at 06:23 PM.
8th December 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #26  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @non4

Hahaha really? I meant try using gloves to demonstrate something, not to actually wear gloves all the time. Fanboy? Nah, I went for the best deal, I quite fancy the xperia z3, I have no brand preference except no apple, and even that would change if they did. My suggestion is a secure lockscreen, or some sort of touch blocking app when touch is not desirable. I can think of no other solution, really the problem is non secure lockscreen being too easily activated, had this problem with my old htc and my lg. Music annoys me too, sometimes skipping tracks but its rare. The only full fix would be a kernel with a sensitivity module of some sort

The lock screen is only one of the annoyances. If my fingers get too close while reading or stay a little too far while swiping the screen unexpected things happen: menus pop up, screens close, extra words appear while typing...

It stands to reason, if there is a "switch" to make the screen MORE sensitive then you should also be able to decrease the sensitivity. Since I am rooted I will search through the system files. Hopefully it is a value that can be changed, a range from 1 - 10 or 0 - 255 as opposed to just zero or one.

I suppose what irks me more than anything is that I LOVED my S3 and I assumed I would love the S5 more, but not true. I am sorry I didn't wait for a phone that I could root AND Rom. The specs were/are great though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread