[ROM] ParanoidAndroid 4+

Search This thread

Lister Of Smeg

Hi @panamera2011,

Yeah, I've seen Bauners version of Lollipop (CM12) on our Note/N7000, and must say he is making AMAZING progress.... I think I tried it around Alpha 4 or there abouts... But due to the scripts and that, and needed reliability over the weekend I went back to a KK build... However, I've seen todays progress too, which is looking great...

So are you saying, that if everyone else is abandoning us, with support for Lollipop (beit, OmniRom or official CyanogenMod, or PA). If Bauner get's his code/build fully working, then that will be used as the base for all the other custom roms out there...? Such as Dirty, Spirit, PAC and so on... Or do these groups have to get it from the main sauce to build their roms....??

Whilst it's great news that Bauner is building this for our device, and maybe our BEST hope at getting Lollipop on our device. If none of the other groups use/share it source/repo, then it'll be the only build we'll see on our device.... (That's no way a negative for Bauner). Just be a shame if we don't see any new cool mods/tweaked roms....

Anyway, I shall sit back and wait to see how it progresses... Looking good so far.... It seems Lollipop is a slow roll out for all devices, and all suffering similar bugs with regards to Recovery and Mobile Data and such....

Thanks, Lister

Hi mate, we do not need PA-L, there are other Dev that they are able to develop Lollipop for our community. Just have a little patience [emoji4]

panamera2011

Mar 26, 2011
Pesche
Hi @panamera2011,

Yeah, I've seen Bauners version of Lollipop (CM12) on our Note/N7000, and must say he is making AMAZING progress.... I think I tried it around Alpha 4 or there abouts... But due to the scripts and that, and needed reliability over the weekend I went back to a KK build... However, I've seen todays progress too, which is looking great...

So are you saying, that if everyone else is abandoning us, with support for Lollipop (beit, OmniRom or official CyanogenMod, or PA). If Bauner get's his code/build fully working, then that will be used as the base for all the other custom roms out there...? Such as Dirty, Spirit, PAC and so on... Or do these groups have to get it from the main sauce to build their roms....??

Whilst it's great news that Bauner is building this for our device, and maybe our BEST hope at getting Lollipop on our device. If none of the other groups use/share it source/repo, then it'll be the only build we'll see on our device.... (That's no way a negative for Bauner). Just be a shame if we don't see any new cool mods/tweaked roms....

Anyway, I shall sit back and wait to see how it progresses... Looking good so far.... It seems Lollipop is a slow roll out for all devices, and all suffering similar bugs with regards to Recovery and Mobile Data and such....

Thanks, Lister

Yea, I think that as soon as you get CM12 stable and with all fixes other dev can also build versions CM11 or PA unofficial but with the same features, it's just a matter of time.
Bauner is doing a great job, but was unlucky. Flashing a kernel with Heimdall which replaces Odin for linux, got a brick. Now his waiting for n7000 turn back from service repair bootloader to continue the development of its CM12, then everyone will enjoy the great experience of Lollipop n7000 :)

jsheng007

Oct 29, 2011
Hi everyone,at first I would like to say thanks to the developer because of their hard work.I was new to this rom,At the first time I hold home button it ask me wanted to enable card stacks view or not,I click yes and I want to change back to original view I found it is impossible cause I couldn't find that setting in this rom.Can someone show me the way to change it?

Lister Of Smeg

Hi jsheng007,

I;ve not used the latest version, because of the Recovery Bug inside it.... and sadly further more, this is another rom that the developer has stopped all future development for our device...

Cheers, Lister

Hi everyone,at first I would like to say thanks to the developer because of their hard work.I was new to this rom,At the first time I hold home button it ask me wanted to enable card stacks view or not,I click yes and I want to change back to original view I found it is impossible cause I couldn't find that setting in this rom.Can someone show me the way to change it?

jsheng007

Oct 29, 2011
I found the solution by reset the setting in backup&restore.Thanks for ur reply,so what rom do you recommend that is updated with the latest android version.

Lister Of Smeg

Hi @jsheng007,

It would appear NONE of the roms for N7000 are being updated anymore, other than the continual development of CM12 (Android 5.0). All previous KitKat roms have even been abandoned, or stuck in frozen mode for time being...

I use DU 8.2 mainly...

Cheers, Lister

I found the solution by reset the setting in backup&restore.Thanks for ur reply,so what rom do you recommend that is updated with the latest android version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is development thread. For discussion or questions go here

PEEK%20-%2003182014%20PNG%20RELEASE%20TEXT.png

This rom uses CM11.0 smdk4412 kernel

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. FACTORY RESET
    2. INSTALL ROM (MIRROR) and GAPPS
    3. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    4. REBOOT
    PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to aaronpoweruser
    to beerbong

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA,
    our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    CHANGELOG
    GIT
    GERRIThttp://bugtracker.androidninjas.com:8282/
    FAQ + HELP
    COMMUNITY

Known issues/bugs:

- FM Radio: unsupported
    - TV Out: unsupported, will never work (proprietary, undocumented)
    - You say...

FAQ and troubleshooting:

- How can I get this awesome pie thing to work?
    The "nav pie" is actually pretty easy to enable. It´s important that you set your device into immersive mode! There's a quick setting for that!
    From now on you can swipe up from the button (or any place where you set it to be) to get the pie!

- I can't find developer settings
    To activate developer settings, open Settings > About Phone & start tapping the "Build Number" (at the bottom). You'll see a countdown and then a message "You are now a Developer". Go back into settings main list, right above the "About Phone" you'll have "Developer Options".

- How can i make a screenshot?
    Vol. down + Power.

- How do i activate UMS?
    With the app Usb Switcher
    New build is up. Finally wifi tether is working.

So, it took me two months of reading code. I knew it had to do with the drivers but all this time i was looking in the wrong direction (to the kernel, not the framework). At the end it was just six lines of code that solved the problem. This commit did the trick.