Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Book Cover case

OP AstroDigital

13th March 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

563 posts
Are they a rip off?
$100 dollars is something I am willing to pay for protection that works and quality.
This book cover case looks cheap and say if you fold it open will it not block the camera?

A $20 case, oh great but does it fall apart or scratch you device?
The device cost me $750, I do not want to be cheap with the cover.

Decided to buy one anyway, blocking the camera seems stupid but the tablet is not going to take many pictures
Last edited by AstroDigital; 13th March 2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: update
14th March 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 97

351 posts
More
I wouldn't waste my money on a genuine Samsung cover when I could pick up something identical made from identical materials by the exact same workers in the exact same factory....but just skipped the guy that attaches the "Samsung" logo.

I am 100% willing, however, to throw money at Oberon Design if they decide to make a case for the Pro...Mmm..

Oh, oh, or if Tuff-luv ever comes out with a Eco-nique natural hemp cover for it. That'd be freaking sweet. I love the one I've got on my Kindle.
Last edited by ExtremeRyno; 14th March 2014 at 01:07 AM.
17th March 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 46

475 posts
More
BuyDig.com sells the original Samsung case for 59.99. At first I hesitated buying it, but after reading all the poor reviews and comments on the third party products, I decided to get it.
I must say, I am very glad I did. The feel is definitelly premium, and replicating the soft leather plastic feel of the tablet's back. It is also quite thin, not adding any significant bulk overall. Highly recommended, if you can spring for it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

77 posts
bh photo has it for free if u buy a note pro!

Sent from my GT-I9220
18th March 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #5  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 61

332 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagelis

BuyDig.com sells the original Samsung case for 59.99. At first I hesitated buying it, but after reading all the poor reviews and comments on the third party products, I decided to get it.
I must say, I am very glad I did. The feel is definitelly premium, and replicating the soft leather plastic feel of the tablet's back. It is also quite thin, not adding any significant bulk overall. Highly recommended, if you can spring for it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Picked mine up at Verizon, and it costs $69, but I get a 25% discount through my job, so I spent $52 (inclusive of MI Sales Tax). I like it. It's thin, light, and works well, and because it doesn't add too much bulk, I can slip it easily into my Work Bag. I had the SPECK Case but returned it...too much bulk and I didn't care for the Clasp.
19th March 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 62

461 posts
I have onesince day 1. Pricey but if you hold it, you think at the back doesnt have case.its thin and does its job. A very well made case. For this price im expecting a real leather.
20th March 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 107

503 posts
I really like the official cover. If I could get one similar to it but made of real leather that would be amazing though. But I have zero complaints about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th December 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418

898 posts
OEM Samsung Galaxy Note Pro / Tab Pro 12.2 Book Cover Case - Sleep/Wake - Black
I ordered an OEM Samsung Galaxy Note Pro / Tab Pro 12.2 Book Cover Case - Sleep/Wake - Black on ebay from SFplanet for $14.99.
with Verizon logo
It has a Verizon logo on it but it's not a big deal to me.

I plan on using it with a Snugg PU Leather Sleeve Case for 13 " MacBook Air and Pro, Surface Pro 3, Black also on ebay and its only $13.99.
Snugg case
Snugg case 2
UPDATE
Got both items from Ebay and the Snugg case for MacBook Air works perfectly, a little room on sides but if it was smaller it would be to hard to get the tablet out of the sleeve as the rubberized coating on the case has a little grip to it.
This turned out that I got both items for under $30.00 and makes the Note 12.2 look very classy and rich looking.
Last edited by kkretch; 12th December 2014 at 02:27 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread