OP Phr3d13

19th November 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #51  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,729

16,021 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, it seems not everybody is effected.

My ROM: WICKED X
20th November 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Maybe some towers block and some don't?
20th November 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #53  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,729

16,021 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnm442

Maybe some towers block and some don't?

That very well could be... I'm not sure of the technology they use to do this, so it could be something that has to be updated within the tower/software/whatever. That could be why people like me who live in the middle of nowhere in Indiana can still torrent to their heart's content... Who knows it could be something they are just trialing, it's hard to say.

My ROM: WICKED X
The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I had an issue with my AT&T provider, because I fell asleep with my phone hotspot running. Nothing was uploading or downloading, but none the less, I had exceeded my data by 30 gig... as I slept. Now, aside from that being a pile of BS, I had to run to the store and grab a prepaid phone for the balance of the period(which began 8 days ago )

I grabbed a POS Boost Mobile phone, which upon purchasing and taking it out of the box, activating it and adding the airtime and data, etc... I found out after 2 hours of wrangling with customer "service" that my phone doesn't allow hotspot or tethering. So, naturally, I exclaimed that was bull**** and then proceeded to read from the box, and their website, about the hotspot capability of the phone...

Well, have no fear... I installed PDAnet on my phone, which got around their altogether block of data via hotspot or USB tethering. I still can't use Wifi for some reason, but I can connect via USB. Problem is, as mentioned, Sprint/Boost have blocked P2P. No connections available on a very good private tracker with TONS of seeds. So I found this thread, then I eventually got around to downloading a vpn app on my phone.

Search for "Unlimited Free VPN by VIT" in the play store.

That is the combination, for now, is PDAnet and a vpn. Still won't connect via wifi, but I can do a corded tether and download via Utorrent on my laptop. Going to try via my phone now, as well.
2nd December 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
There is an easy fix for this!

Simply bypass the sprint proxy - it can be done on stock TW with your MSL # and ##3282# from the dialer. Please look it up - it's really simple!
There is a noticeable speed increase when doing this, too.

-If I helped you, please hit Thanks!
9th December 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmezh

There is an easy fix for this!

Simply bypass the sprint proxy - it can be done on stock TW with your MSL # and ##3282# from the dialer. Please look it up - it's really simple!
There is a noticeable speed increase when doing this, too.

-If I helped you, please hit Thanks!

Did that a while ago. Still being blocked. Vpn by vit helps but it's sooooo slow. Anyone other suggestions?
9th December 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #57  
Flag Erie PA
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
Doesn't work for me ...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread