OP PatsFan1286

31st October 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #721  
Flag Psynation
Thanks Meter: 24

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81

Anyone else find the double tap to wake feature works very erratically?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sometimes in my pocket, yes it does... its annoying but doesnt happen that often
10th November 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #722  
Flag Deurningen
Thanks Meter: 260

2,924 posts
More
Sooo yea... I'll let the images speak for themselves!

Sent from my One M8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415575229191.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	3007555   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415575276820.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	3007557   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415575359581.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	3007562  
10th November 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #723  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,879

13,442 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom109

Sent from my One M8

Looks like you need an otterbox. 👍

And trying to hammer a nail through your phone is never wise. 😉
10th November 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #724  
Flag Deurningen
Thanks Meter: 260

2,924 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth

Looks like you need an otterbox. 👍

And trying to hammer a nail through your phone is never wise. 😉

Hahaha actually I have no idea what happened to it. One day I looked at the back to admire it and the hole was there! Never dropped it, always treated it with care... Oh well what's done is done

Sent from my One M8
10th November 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #725  
Flag Anytown, USA
Thanks Meter: 76

451 posts
More
I've had my phone since the end of July. The only problem I've had was the scratched coating on the camera. The toothpaste trick worked like a champ and no more scratchs. I go naked at home and use a slim TPU case when I'm out. Volume rocker is solid and all the gaps are still good. I'd say I got a good one. This is my third htc phone, an Aria, a Vivid and this M8. All were high quality units with no problems. I guess thats why I keep buying htc.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Sent from my One M8

Can you be convicted for phone abuse? JK
10th November 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #726  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,879

13,442 posts
More
Quote:

Hahaha actually I have no idea what happened to it. One day I looked at the back to admire it and the hole was there! Never dropped it, always treated it with care... Oh well what's done is done

Sent from my One M8

If you didn't make that dent, someone certainly did. Better keep it close to you. 🍻
14th November 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #727  
Thanks Meter: 7

42 posts
Donate to Me
More
The backs are easy to replace. Put some heat on the faceplates on the front to loosen the glue and then pull them off. After the screws underneath are removed the whole phone lifts out of the back. You just slide it into a new one.
14th November 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #728  
Thanks Meter: 8

102 posts
---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

[/COLOR]What happened to the phone mate ? The dent doesn't seem normal at all.
9th December 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #729  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs down
Just purchased an M8 through my carrier 10 days ago or so, coming from a Nexus 4.

1st unit I got ; the first thing that came to mind when opening the phone ; "Why the heck would they choose a yellow background for the splash screen / HTC logo background? Oh well, carry on." ... Only to realize afterwards that everything was yellow. And dark. And impossible to read outdoors with max brightness on. And the volume rocker was rattling, as described previously in thread. Serial # of unit was SH45NWM*****. Returned the unit asap. I wish I took a picture of a white test screen on a Nexus 4, Xperia Z3 and my HTC One M8 next to one another ; it was ridiculous to see my 2 years old, 300$ Nexus 4 outperform the M8's screen in terms of white balance and brightness honnestly. Xperia Z3 was a bit on the blue side but SOOOO much brighter and crisp as well.

2nd unit I got ; screen was a BIT better than the first one, but then again not really but I figured I'd live with it. as this is probably what the screen looks like and I could live with the 2nd one, it was a tadbit brighter but still definitely yellow. Same thing for the loose volume rocker ; figured that with a case on it wouldn't matter. And then after just over 1 day of use, started a Youtube video at 90% volume or so and top speaker "popped" (for lack of a better word). Constant rattling after that when volume is 75% or higher. Just returned 2nd unit today. Didn't think about taking a snapshot of serial # but it was another SH45*******.

Side note ; I also recently ordered a Nexus 9 (HTC built of course) on day one of its release, only to return it after 2 days of use. The build quality was absolutely ridiculous (I was one of the lucky ones who got creaky back, very noticeable light bleed and subpar battery life.)

I'm giving the M8 a 3rd (and last) chance as I personally think this is the best looking and sounding phone on the market right now, if it doesn't work out I'm turning to Sony or Motorola and will never give HTCs another look. I've never returned any laptop, tablet, smartphone, or such for build quality issues and for HTC, it's been 3 in 3.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread