Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Need guide to install Cloudyfa's G3 on D800

OP federer38

22nd June 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Hi please guide me step by step how can I install Cloudyfa's G3 Rom on my D800, phone is not rooted

current stock 4.2.2 Android with software version D80010q.

Please guide me I am noob in rooting .
22nd June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #2  
Magic2010's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 146
 
355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by federer38

Hi please guide me step by step how can I install Cloudyfa's G3 Rom on my D800, phone is not rooted

current stock 4.2.2 Android with software version D80010q.

Please guide me I am noob in rooting .

1 Root your device:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869

2 Install custom recovery, TWRP recomended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJI9ThY0mk
Can download 2.7.0 version here: (dont use 2.7.1 version)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449679

3 EFS Backup
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451390

4 Full Wipe (Dalvik, Cache, System & Data)

5 Flash KitKat baseband
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12880

Then:
Install the CloudyG3
Choose your variant in Aroma
Reboot

Make sure you read all the things more than once and understand what you are doing.
And make sure your phone is fully charged when you beggin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magic2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #3  
_Dennis_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
1,276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by federer38

Hi please guide me step by step how can I install Cloudyfa's G3 Rom on my D800, phone is not rooted

current stock 4.2.2 Android with software version D80010q.

Please guide me I am noob in rooting .

@Magic2010 wrote a quick how to find the info you need. What I'm going to say is if you are a noob please read all the threads he posted, atleast 2 times each. Read them until you are certain you understand them. While rooting and such is fairly easy and it is not easy to truly hard brick your phone, soft bricks can be as easy as forgetting to push a button or not reading a file name completely.

I would suggest not just reading to top posts in each of the threads magic linked but read all the posts so you know what others did, and how they fixed it and our how they could have prevented any issues.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Dennis_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dennis_

@Magic2010 wrote a quick how to find the info you need. What I'm going to say is if you are a noob please read all the threads he posted, atleast 2 times each. Read them until you are certain you understand them. While rooting and such is fairly easy and it is not easy to truly hard brick your phone, soft bricks can be as easy as forgetting to push a button or not reading a file name completely.

I would suggest not just reading to top posts in each of the threads magic linked but read all the posts so you know what others did, and how they fixed it and our how they could have prevented any issues.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic2010

1 Root your device:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869

2 Install custom recovery, TWRP recomended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJI9ThY0mk
Can download 2.7.0 version here: (dont use 2.7.1 version)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449679

3 EFS Backup
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451390

4 Full Wipe (Dalvik, Cache, System & Data)

5 Flash KitKat baseband
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12880

Then:
Install the CloudyG3
Choose your variant in Aroma
Reboot

Make sure you read all the things more than once and understand what you are doing.
And make sure your phone is fully charged when you beggin.

How can I flash kitkat baseband any tutorial please?
28th June 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #5  
Magic2010's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 146
 
355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by federer38

How can I flash kitkat baseband any tutorial please?

Just flash via recovery.

Sent from my LG-D802
8th December 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Root lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by federer38

How can I flash kitkat baseband any tutorial please?

I did all the steps, but when restarted phone, it still stucked at LG logo, and when restarting in recovery mode, it says possibly lost root... I flashed the latest SuperSU, but still the same. My device is LG G2 LS980 and I'll be waiting for any suggestions.
9th December 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #7  
somboons's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 610
 
1,118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
This VDO for OptimusG3 but it's a same method .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes