Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

★★ CROMi-X 7.x Q&A Thread ★★

OP sbdags

Announcement from sbdags: CROMi-X 6.0 released!
9th October 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 9

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

The short answer is no. There is no nvflash backup for the TF701.

Awesome, that's the news I wanted to hear.

Quote:

Except for different BL and recovery versions they are very much the same. Only the TF701 runs much better 😀

Noticed that already. I have to say _that and sdbags and everyone who contributed to the efforts to improve TF700T's i/o and everything else, did do a fantastic job. Unfortunately the TF700T just got to the point where I couldn't use it for what I needed (heavy lifting of large PDF's and switching between apps a lot). The TF701 is a lot faster even without CROMi-X, but looking forward to the tweaks to come.
10th October 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 9

54 posts
Up and running on CROMi-X 7.0.3 - anyone else notice a few hiccups?
Unlocked and up on CROMi-X 7.0.3 now. Fantastic work everyone involved.

I had some hiccups flashing the CWM recovery 6.0.5.1 with fastboot, ended up booting to the recovery over fastboot to install CROMi, then later flashing recovery with fastboot worked fine. I think the problem was with rebooting after the flash. I was also working with the tablet in the dock at first. After a few problems I removed it and kept it that way during install. Anyone else seen this?

FWIW, the basic steps were:
* Updated Asus firmware to WW_epaduser_V11_4_1_17_updatelauncher (Android 4.4.2)
* Unlocked with Asus unlock tool
* Fastboot flashed CWM Recovery 6.0.5.1
* CWM Recovery install of CROMi-X 7.0.3

Also at first I was confused by the CROMi-X Aroma installer - it didn't respond to touch. I thought maybe the recovery was causing problems and so I wasted time trying to fix that. After experimenting with Aroma again I realised I could operate it using Vol+/- & Power. Is this normal?

I'm a TF700T CROMi/CROMBi user as well, and so did my Quadrant testing along the way. At this stage I'm not seeing much difference between Asus 4.4.2 and CROMi-X - is this to be expected? I'm using the Stock tweaked kernel and I have disabled journaling (didn't see the journaling make a difference).

I've recorded the Aroma installer options, as I like to keep a record of what I've flashed for if I re-flash (kernels, system vs data apps etc). If I can wrangle tables on here I could post them if anyone is interested.
10th October 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #153  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,061

3,194 posts
More
There is no recovery with touch interface for this tablet. The recovery partition is too small for recovery + necessary drivers. We have to live with the button interface - unfortunately.
Don't get hung up on Quadrant. If it was about speed, I would not have unlocked this tablet at all. For me it's about control and customization options (can't live without forward delete for example)
19th October 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #154  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Just got my tf701t, I love the tablet but the dock not so much. I have the wobble and disconnect form keyboard. I am going to try Joep's kit. I hopes it helps.

But one thing that concerns me, when it goes to sleep when docked, it never wakes up. I have to hold the power button down until it reboots. And when it comes back up it says it is not docked. Anyone else had this?

I have not rooted it yet, could that help with it waking up when docked? Stock is better than my tf700t with its touch screen going bad. I hope it is not a hardware problem with the keyboard. The dock version is DOCK-EC32T-0205, are there other versions that are better or worse?

Thanks
_Tim
20th October 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
inverted x-axis after replacing touchscreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusker

It's a simple kernel patch:

diff --git a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
index 30238aa..96a65bf 100644
--- a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
+++ b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
@@ -1842,6 +1842,8 @@ void process_T9_message(u8 *message, struct mxt_data *mxt, int last_touch)
if (mxt->max_y_val < 1024)
ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis
+ xpos = mxt->max_x_val - xpos;
stored_x[touch_number] = xpos;
stored_y[touch_number] = ypos;
fingerInfo[touch_number].x=xpos;

The easiest option is to have two different kernels built, and have aroma choose it.

Otherwise, you can create a more dynamic patch, to detect the hardware version of the panel, and invert automatically. I had this patch laying around, but have lost it, so I can't tell you what version to use.

If you compare the dmesg output for the inverted tf201, and a "normal" one, then we can add C code to dynamically invert the x-axis and not have to worry about different kernels.

on my tf701t the touchscreen version = raydium
I found the driver file (in the kernel files- Raydium RM31080 touchscreen driver ) and the code (void raydium_report_pointer(void *p)) where the touch coordinates are captured .
I tried to build/compile stock source to rom but I have many errors where I can't find an answer for.
I want to build a clean version first and flash it to my tf701t for testing, before i compile a changed version.
But i'm stuck in the part where i have to compile a clean version. If I read this forum, it seems so simple... I keep on trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to IvanVd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #156  

8 posts
Red face dmesg uitput from a inverted-x-axis-tf701t
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusker

It's a simple kernel patch:

diff --git a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
index 30238aa..96a65bf 100644
--- a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
+++ b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
@@ -1842,6 +1842,8 @@ void process_T9_message(u8 *message, struct mxt_data *mxt, int last_touch)
if (mxt->max_y_val < 1024)
ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis
+ xpos = mxt->max_x_val - xpos;
stored_x[touch_number] = xpos;
stored_y[touch_number] = ypos;
fingerInfo[touch_number].x=xpos;

The easiest option is to have two different kernels built, and have aroma choose it.

Otherwise, you can create a more dynamic patch, to detect the hardware version of the panel, and invert automatically. I had this patch laying around, but have lost it, so I can't tell you what version to use.

If you compare the dmesg output for the inverted tf201, and a "normal" one, then we can add C code to dynamically invert the x-axis and not have to worry about different kernels.

i place here my dmesg output file from my tf701 with inverted x-axis, maybe someone can use it to write the code????
I'm still trying to write a clean rom...

update: i've build with succes my first bootimage (kernel) that works wit the latest cm11-build, now i can build a new kernel with a modified touchscreen-driver

i've solved my problem wit the inverted x-axis!!!!!
i've changed my driver for the touchscreen en builded succesfull a new kernel!
for anyone who have the same problem, you can test it with a unlocked tf701t, cm11-rom, and using "fastboot boot invx-boot.img" and flash it with fastboot flash boot invx-boot.img"
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (128.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: img invx-boot.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.36 MB, 24 views)
Last edited by IvanVd; 7th November 2014 at 01:45 PM. Reason: problem solved!
The Following User Says Thank You to IvanVd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #157  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Red face THX !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVd

i place here my dmesg output file from my tf701 with inverted x-axis, maybe someone can use it to write the code????
I'm still trying to write a clean rom...

update: i've build with succes my first bootimage (kernel) that works wit the latest cm11-build, now i can build a new kernel with a modified touchscreen-driver

i've solved my problem wit the inverted x-axis!!!!!
i've changed my driver for the touchscreen en builded succesfull a new kernel!
for anyone who have the same problem, you can test it with a unlocked tf701t, cm11-rom, and using "fastboot boot invx-boot.img" and flash it with fastboot flash boot invx-boot.img"

Hello friend, thx a lot
as i can see let me suggest you are a speak in russian (Спасибо помогло )
well just one wish could you please tell me which exactly file did you correct, or even better if you could please share this corrected file here it would be really greate. Thanks in advance. Awaiting your reply ...
9th December 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #158  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,061

3,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gparts.com.ua

Hello friend, thx a lot
as i can see let me suggest you are a speak in russian (Спасибо помогло )
well just one wish could you please tell me which exactly file did you correct, or even better if you could please share this corrected file here it would be really greate. Thanks in advance. Awaiting your reply ...

The boot image is attached to the post right above yours
9th December 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #159  

8 posts
More info
Quote:

The boot image is attached to the post right above yours

the file i've corrected was the Raydium RM31080 touchscreen driver. (rm31080a_ts.c in the kernel map - \kernel\drivers\input\touchscreen)
I changed:

input_report_abs(g_input_dev, ABS_MT_POSITION_X, spTP->usX[i]) to
input_report_abs(g_input_dev, ABS_MT_POSITION_X, (iMaxX - (spTP->usX[i])))

then i've recompiled the rom

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread