Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Battery Life

OP Hardcore73

31st July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 2

331 posts
Hi,
I already tried factory reset with no success...but

I just installed a new ROM Omega v21 and turned off the auto screen on feature, installed many apps, watch styler and 20 watch faces, notification enabled for 10 apps aprox, currently I had 88% battery after 5 hours of heavy use!

The watch updated automatically, but I had to reinstall all apps, including calcs, games, calendar, todo list, cnn, appy geek, chaos control, gear chess, google tasks, timer, news republic, daily expense, simple calc, news reader, my notes, just write and easyly Do, matrix clock, etc...

Maybe I found a cure for my case....
1st August 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #72  

331 posts
update:

After 11 hours and 50 minutes....70% of battery left with heavy use, analog clock by watch styler, and motion sensor disabled.

Cheers
26th August 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #73  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 17

663 posts
More
Easily 4 days, was roughly 25% per day left on 24/7 with motion on, brightness 4 and all notifications on - so awesome compared to my watch bought and quickly returned at launch.

No I am powering off at night and motion is off, 2 days on only 30% down.

I installed the Big Clock watch styler looks cool and I feel it isn't using as much juice ???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #74  

5 posts
Red face Improved battery life
After receiving my Gear 2 Neo device, I was shocked how fast the battery drained. But now after one week with some reading and testing it has improved significantly. First the battery drained about 3-4 % an hour when not using the device at all, now I have 1-2% battery loss in Idle conditions, yesterday I used my Gear intensively, installing apps testing them, calling and so on, at the end of the day I had 50% left !

There are 4 factors I suspect to be the reason of my battery improvement:
1 : disable wake on wrist movement
2: do not use your device to lock and unlock your Phone
3: I now only sync favorite contacts to the watch
4: I suspect the battery is better after a few times charging and discharging

Today I unplugged the charger at 8.35 am and around 12h30 i still had 95% left, after walking the dog for half an hour while testing endomondo and runtastic app and playing around some more I ended up with 79% at 15h40, at 16h40, still 79%.

By the way, runtastic uses less power than endomondo, but endomondo supports the heartbeat sensor. Also compared the live heartbeat in endomondo to my girlfriends polar watch (with heart sensor around the chest), and the heartbeat was pretty much the same!

Edit: 18h30 :76%
Edit2: Close your Gear manager when not using it.
8h30 100% 16h 93%
Last edited by Rostenhollander; 9th September 2014 at 04:02 PM.
1st November 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #75  
Flag Albany, OR
Thanks Meter: 142

1,250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostenhollander

After receiving my Gear 2 Neo device, I was shocked how fast the battery drained. But now after one week with some reading and testing it has improved significantly. First the battery drained about 3-4 % an hour when not using the device at all, now I have 1-2% battery loss in Idle conditions, yesterday I used my Gear intensively, installing apps testing them, calling and so on, at the end of the day I had 50% left !

There are 4 factors I suspect to be the reason of my battery improvement:
1 : disable wake on wrist movement
2: do not use your device to lock and unlock your Phone
3: I now only sync favorite contacts to the watch
4: I suspect the battery is better after a few times charging and discharging

Today I unplugged the charger at 8.35 am and around 12h30 i still had 95% left, after walking the dog for half an hour while testing endomondo and runtastic app and playing around some more I ended up with 79% at 15h40, at 16h40, still 79%.

By the way, runtastic uses less power than endomondo, but endomondo supports the heartbeat sensor. Also compared the live heartbeat in endomondo to my girlfriends polar watch (with heart sensor around the chest), and the heartbeat was pretty much the same!

Edit: 18h30 :76%
Edit2: Close your Gear manager when not using it.
8h30 100% 16h 93%

Thanks for your input, when comparing the heart rate sensors was that when you were sitting/idle or during a workout? I'm curious to know if it could give you a fairly accurate CHR when working out and if sweat could damage the charging terminals
Last edited by 12gage; 1st November 2014 at 07:50 PM.
9th December 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 8

65 posts
I just got my neo 2 watch 2 days ago and after playing with it for a while got 41% battery left. 2 days usage, no turning off, display 2, timeout 10 secs and all notifications active.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread