I'm also using Cherry Mobile amethyst and i already rooted and installed CWM recovery. I'm going to teach u how to do that. but i used the ROM Manager Pro to go to the Recovery Mode.
1. You have to Root your android phone using Framaroot (Latest version) and you have to download and install the ROM Manager Pro.
Note: Warranty Void
- Just click the word "Barahir" and wait for the confirmation successfully rooted and reboot your phone.
2. After That, You need to Download the "MTK Droid Tools" , "SP Flash Tools" and MTK Driver. (Search the net for Download)
-install the MTK Driver, Wait for the automatic detection of the device and Click manual install then go to downloaded drivers.
3.Open MTK Droid Tools, then wait to process the Phone Information. You have to Click the "BLOCKS MAP" and after the other window Pop-up with Block Info, Click "SCATTER FILE". This File should be save because it is very important for your device with the name "MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt". Do not Close the MTK Droid Tool.
4. Open the SP Flash Tool, Click "Scatter-Loading" and search the file that you saved earlier with the name "MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" and Go to "READ BACK TAB". Click "ADD" and the file added at the bottom and Click the File and save it as "ROM_0". You should turn off your Phone. Then Connect it to USB Cable, Unplug the battery first then Click the "Read back Button" and Plug the battery to detect the device and this will be done successfully. You do have "ROM_0" File. DOnt Close SP Flash Tool.
5. Go back to MTK Droid Tools, you can now backup you phone first.Go to "root, backup, recovery" tab, Click "To Process File ROM_* from flash Tool" and select the "ROM_0" you saved earlier. Wait for the task to complete, When the message box appear "Do you want cwm automatically installed", just click "YES".
(Do it with your own Risk, Note: I am not responsible for any Damage, Lost of your data, The Process of flashing will reset your phone into factory reset or it can brick your phone when the procedure is wrong.)
6. After that you can re-flash your stock ROM.Go to SP Flash Tool Again, Then Click Again the "Scatter-Loading" and go to the MTK Droid Tool" Folder named "backup", you will see the backup file you saved a while ago when you process the "ROM_0" File. Open The Folder with the name "S610_******_backup" or "S610_******_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack", you will see the file "MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" again". after that, all the IMAGE File from your phone will appear on the bottom of SP Flash Tool, Look the name "recovery", if it has File Location, Just chage it, go to "MTK Droid Tool" Folder then open "recovery" folder, you will see the file named "S610_******__recovery_140423-203622.img" and rename it to "recovery.img".
7.Just Click the "Download" button and Unplug and Plug your battery again to detect the Phone. wait it until it done.
8. After the Process completed, Open your Device, install ROM Manager Pro, and when installation completed. Open the Application and Click Reboot into Recovery.
9. The Phone Will reboot and now go to Recovery mode