Nobis NB07 and DA-741QHD rooting and ROM thread

OP neatojones

28th March 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #41  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie459MN

Any word on anything on this tablet? Still using it but would really really love root on it!

Sorry, no reply for a while. My wife broke my tablet a while back and so I don't use it anymore. The digitizer broke when she dropped it onto concrete. I've dissected it for fun since then and managed to break it further. I might eventually decide to buy an HDMI cord and try to find a way to use it with CHEAPCAST for an extra tv, but I'm not really sure if I'll ever find a purpose for it.

So, unfortunately, for now...my work on the tablet is done.
1st April 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #42  
Flag St. Francis, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 319

890 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatojones

Sorry, no reply for a while. My wife broke my tablet a while back and so I don't use it anymore. The digitizer broke when she dropped it onto concrete. I've dissected it for fun since then and managed to break it further. I might eventually decide to buy an HDMI cord and try to find a way to use it with CHEAPCAST for an extra tv, but I'm not really sure if I'll ever find a purpose for it.

So, unfortunately, for now...my work on the tablet is done.

Thats a bummer. I have pretty much given up any hope of this ever being rooted myself. I dont even really see much info on the web about them at all either. I think most the talk about them has been right here. lol

Oh well, I have pretty much given it to my soon to be 5 year old for playing his learning games on and stuff. Would still be nice to get root though.... Maybe someday.
27th November 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but just wanted to update since I just got a few of these tablets.

On the old version of this device in the thread (the 1.2GHz A31s version), Root Genius works.
The Following User Says Thank You to true For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 29

48 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by true

I know this thread is a bit old, but just wanted to update since I just got a few of these tablets.

On the old version of this device in the thread (the 1.2GHz A31s version), Root Genius works.

The one that you could buy at Radioshack this Black Friday, for $50, is the NB07, and Root Genius worked danged near instantly. The Drivers I used were located in the TP718AQ_Update_Firmware.rar that was linked earlier in the post. The only thing I had to do was alter the android_usb.inf so it would use this driver for this device. This edit is as follows...
In the section Google.NTx86, below the labeling for the LG Eve, I added these lines

Code:
;Nobis
%SingleAdbInterface% = androidusb.Dev, USB\VID_2922&PID_8005
Android ADB=androidusb.Dev, USB\VID_2922&PID_8005&REV_0233&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface% = androidusb.Dev, USB\VID_2922&PID_8001
Android ADB=androidusb.Dev, USB\VID_2922&PID_8001&REV_0233&MI_01
This allows ADB to be assessed via MTP setting on tablet, or the USB Large Storage option (not sure why you would ever use that option however, unless plugging into an older computer and wanting it to be seen as simply a flash storage drive, negating the simplicity of raw file management, by even having ADB enabled)

If ANYONE wants a dump of this tablet, please respond with the commands or PM me, however if PM, don't expect a reply on a speedy timeframe, I rarely check them.

-Onoitsu2

P.S. When you open Superuser, for the first time, it will immediately notify you that SU needs to be updated, select NORMAL, it will do its thing, and also crash, don't worry, simply wait about 10 seconds for it to finish its task and then run it again and all will be well with the world. You can even check in 'adb shell' by running the 'su' command, you will see the expected # at the prompt versus $.
1st December 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #45  
Flag Monroeville
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Windows 8.1

NBO7 4.2.2 Tablet bought from Radio Shack BF.

Downloaded Mobogenie
Rooted with Kingo
Uninstalled Mobogenie from phone.

I was unable to get drivers, that is why I tried Mobogenie.
6th December 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 29

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionictoothpick

Windows 8.1

NBO7 4.2.2 Tablet bought from Radio Shack BF.

Downloaded Mobogenie
Rooted with Kingo
Uninstalled Mobogenie from phone.

I was unable to get drivers, that is why I tried Mobogenie.

Mobogenie? Never heard of that.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
10th December 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
More
Nobis NB07 Radioshack root
I just rooted my nobis nb07 bought from RadioShack android 4.2.2 ( I notice they now have same model with android 4.4 if anyone one can backup and upload if you have that version). I had to use both iroot and kingo root. At first I tryed to root with Kingo but no go, then with Iroot that worked but installed some Chinese programs and kinguser which I didn't like so I ran kingo root again and it worked this time (kinguser was replaced with supersu). I uninstalled Chinese programs and installed and updated supersu.
Last edited by s_sevan; 10th December 2014 at 04:06 AM. Reason: misspelling

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread