[GUIDE] How to reboot in recovery

Search This thread

fc3211

Nov 13, 2014
@tux95

Hello guys,
I can boot into recovery, pressing, up, home and power for a long time. The "Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini"-logo comes two times, and I press the three buttons all the time, until an "Android" comes. Than I am in Recovery mode. I haven't flashed or rooted my phone now, but is it not easier root and flash it via cutsom recovery mode?
Sorry for my bad English :/ If you habe some questions about my phone ask :D

@tux95,

Thanks dude, I was stuck at the Galaxy 3 splash screen and could not get into TWRP until I followed your instructions to hold down home, vol up and power. You saved my life, man!

savvy1968

Jul 18, 2014
Halifax
I could boot into a three way menu after I installed Virginity14 Rom, , poweroff, reboot & recovery but now it no longer works.
I think it naffed up after I installed xposed framework which I need for xinternalsd.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my GT-I8190

bara2.alrob

Apr 1, 2015
I have installed Lolipop Rom on my Samsung s3 mini and faced some issues first baseband unknown and I can't get into recovery mode options I have tried all the method using Odin and others but it just doesn't work . I need to get into my recovery mood to restore stock Rom or reinstall CM12 . Can anyone please help me ?

Sent from my LG-P705 using XDA Free mobile app

savvy1968

Jul 18, 2014
Halifax
I have installed Lolipop Rom on my Samsung s3 mini and faced some issues first baseband unknown and I can't get into recovery mode options I have tried all the method using Odin and others but it just doesn't work . I need to get into my recovery mood to restore stock Rom or reinstall CM12 . Can anyone please help me ?

Lolipop would run too slow on this system leave it well alone until you get a better phone.

BarnOwl

Jan 21, 2003
The Netherlands
www.parketvloeren.nl

There is an option in CM12.1 under developer options where you can choose advanced restart.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Lolipop would run too slow on this system leave it well alone until you get a better phone.

Did you try it? I am running CM12.1 now on the S3 Mini. Running great!

Jessi H.

Nov 24, 2010
I want to reset the device, because it has a bootloop. I also can't start in recovery with Vol up + Home + Power. I tried to flash the fimware and the recovery. Odin both shows succesful. But it doesn't help. Have anybody an idea?

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
Hi @ppero196 and @tys0n! :)

Could you guys give a hand? I'm asking for an Universal Rooting Method through stock 3a recovery

I think those files should work as they's signed files... did you know it? did you try it?

Thank au very much

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

A friend had a S3 mini and want to get easily root permissions, atm he's enjoying holyday time and I can't test it

Thank U very much

Last edited:

craftm

Jul 6, 2016
I have a GT-I1890L.

Can't enter in Recovery or Download, my smartphone just start the OS normally.

I tried using the cmd command and Android SDK, mysmartphone restarted but still not enter in recovery mode...

Any suggestion?

I can't enable root because I can't enter in download/recovery mode.
=(.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

I Found this way it is worked on me i dont have root and my s3 mini is international model.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47875486#post47875486

Volume Up + Power almost work, but I enter in the screen:

Up left: rst_stat 0x0000000
Center: POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE.

What should I do?

fantastikuss

Aug 15, 2016
S III mini Recovery Mode: Press POWER, than hold VOL-

Hello Guy's,

a way to got to Recovery Mode of GT-i8190 S3 mini:

1. Press Power
2. When the Samsung logo appears press and hold VOLUME- Button

:)

greetings

JotWe

Droehnemeier

Oct 17, 2013
Just tried that two times, doesn't work with my device :'(

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update

Flash this to have working combo

[HOW-TO] Enable Three Button Combo [RECOVERY]

Since our phone doesnt have any button combination go enter the recovery we have to use workarounds

Other methods:

ADB method
    If you are running on non rooted ROM

1. Download and install Android SDK
    2. Connect the phone to the PC via USB
    3. Press Win key+ r and type cmd
    4. Type adb reboot recovery
    5. Done. Phone should reboot into recovery

Terminal method
    If running rooted ROM

1.Download and install
    Terminal Emulator app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm )
    2. Open the app
    3. Type su
    4. Accept SuperUser permission
    5. Type reboot recovery
    6. Press enter
    7. Done. Phone should reboot into recovery

App method
    Requires root

1. Download and install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot
    2. Open the app
    3. Click recovery
    4. It should reboot

This guide may be updated once the cwm comes out!
    I dont understand how to do it with adb

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Hi, I`m not ppero196 but how it works. Download this rar and extract on your PC. I always take the path to C:\Android\ . Then activate USB-Debugging on your device and connect your device to the PC. Open the cmd on your windows machine and type:

For download mode:

Code:
    cd\
    cd Android
    adb reboot download

or for the recovery mode:

Code:
    cd\
    cd Android
    adb reboot recovery

Have fun by the trying.

@ ppero196:

You write in the first post that:

Type adb reboot reccocery

Can you please fixed the command for reboot recovery? Thanks in advance.

Regards leather.face
    ..And here you can find the supereasy method!
    Only 2mb download to flash with Odin to enable keys to work. :good:
    No button combination?

Hello guys,
    I can boot into recovery, pressing, up, home and power for a long time. The "Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini"-logo comes two times, and I press the three buttons all the time, until an "Android" comes. Than I am in Recovery mode. I haven't flashed or rooted my phone now, but is it not easier root and flash it via cutsom recovery mode?
    Sorry for my bad English :/ If you habe some questions about my phone ask :D
    Since our phone doesnt have any button combination go enter the recovery we have to use workarounds.

ADB method
    If you are running on non rooted ROM

1. Download and install Android SDK
    2. Connect the phone to the PC via USB
    3. Press Win key+ r and type cmd
    4. Type adb reboot reccocery
    5. Done. Phone should reboot into recovery

Terminal method
    If running rooted ROM

1.Download and install
    Terminal Emulator app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm )
    2. Open the app
    3. Type su
    4. Accept SuperUser permission
    5. Type reboot recovery
    6. Press enter
    7. Done. Phone should reboot into recovery

This guide may be updated once the cwm comes out!

And one more way, if you have rooted your phone, you can install an app like quick boot and use it for booting into recovery. ;)

Пратено со Tapatalk 2 од мојот SGSIII mini