Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][WIP][OFFICIAL] VanirAOSP 4.4.3

OP ks3rv3rg

26th November 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #221  
Thanks Meter: 55

272 posts
something i noticed today, when i change my mobile data from 3G to LTE, my cell connection would randomly disconnect.
27th November 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #222  
Thanks Meter: 163

464 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdevil_25

something i noticed today, when i change my mobile data from 3G to LTE, my cell connection would randomly disconnect.

It is normal for your data connection to disconnect momentarily while you swtich between 2G/3G/LTE/etc. so it could reconnect to the network you've selected.
The Following User Says Thank You to gGabi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #223  

272 posts
sorry if i wasn's clear. I understand when I swich the mode, it would disconnect to make the necessary changes before connecting me back to the network.
The random disconnect I was referring to is after I get connected back to the network, my cellphone signal is being dropped randomly through out the day. Some of the drops happen while i am on the move (on transit) , while other happen when I am stationary (in office or at home).
29th November 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #224  
Thanks Meter: 163

464 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdevil_25

sorry if i wasn's clear. I understand when I swich the mode, it would disconnect to make the necessary changes before connecting me back to the network.
The random disconnect I was referring to is after I get connected back to the network, my cellphone signal is being dropped randomly through out the day. Some of the drops happen while i am on the move (on transit) , while other happen when I am stationary (in office or at home).

It might be your cell carrier... I don't have signal at home either.
If it happens while you're in the city where it supposed to be fulll signal,I'd recommend trying a different modem. There must be a modemlist thread somewhere on xda.
The Following User Says Thank You to gGabi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #225  

272 posts
thanks for the responses.
I am not sure what actuatually caused the issue, but as soon as i change the network preference back to 3g (instead of LTE) everything is fine. No more random signal drops.
10th December 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #226  
Thanks Meter: 135

641 posts
More
Sweet candy has been released yesterday. Try it and get test the blood glucose
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread