Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any current G3 owners try to drop the resolution to 1080p?

OP rushless

13th November 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 1

49 posts
If you reduced width x height by 20% each and use 560 dpi in nomone, then you don't need to do anything else. I also tried 15% reduction - both works. Nova/Apex have no problem with icons/apps.
14th November 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDC

I checked out the DPI change = smaller icons... my eyes like a bit bigger.

What do you think about the resolution change, any down sides?

No not really i prefer smaller icons than big ones. It just means i can place more items on the screen.
14th November 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
changing resolution cracks swiftkey keyboard, its seems enormous, i tried appsettings with swiftkey but canīt resolve it
17th November 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #104  

9 posts
Thumbs up
Hi guys
I am reading all the things that you says. Currently I own a Galaxy S4 (the Exynos one) and I am planing to upgrade to the LG G3, but before changing the phone I was curious about the resolution of the G3 vs Performance vs battery life and I found this.
Do you guys recommend me the change from the S4 to the G3?

Thanks
20th November 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #105  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 238

1,179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfmanuel

Hi guys
I am reading all the things that you says. Currently I own a Galaxy S4 (the Exynos one) and I am planing to upgrade to the LG G3, but before changing the phone I was curious about the resolution of the G3 vs Performance vs battery life and I found this.
Do you guys recommend me the change from the S4 to the G3?

Thanks

I'm personally very pleased with the overall performance of the G3. But you are asking that question in a G3 forum so we are all bias

I left it at 1440p in the end and just tweaked the cpu and governor boost settings with Trickster mod. I don't play games on my phone at all though. If you do you "may" prefer to run it at 1080p for better 3D performance.
The Following User Says Thank You to baileyjr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #106  

1 posts
So I'm not rooted but I'm trying to use Nomone to change the resolution to 1080p. Is this possible? I changed the settings to how they should be and hit apply, but then the app says I'm still in 2K resolution. I'm not sure if it isn't working because I'm not rooted or if there's another reason behind it. Any help would be awesome.
10th December 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #107  
Flag Morciano di Romagna(Rimini)
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayonnaiseOreo

So I'm not rooted but I'm trying to use Nomone to change the resolution to 1080p. Is this possible? I changed the settings to how they should be and hit apply, but then the app says I'm still in 2K resolution. I'm not sure if it isn't working because I'm not rooted or if there's another reason behind it. Any help would be awesome.

I heard that you have to edit build.prop to have 1080P working. So you need root.

Inviato dal mio G3 con tapataaaaalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread