[MOD][Xposed] Instagram Downloader

Search This thread

prsad_shinde

Aug 11, 2011
Mumbai
Observed the below message when I tried using Instagram downloader with instagram 6.8.1 (The latest one on which I could get the download option)

InstagramDownloader: Unable to download media: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA mobile app

XSE01

Dec 6, 2014
Any fix for instagram 6.10.1 ? Tx

Observed the below message when I tried using Instagram downloader with instagram 6.8.1 (The latest one on which I could get the download option)

InstagramDownloader: Unable to download media: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA mobile app

Please update the module to support the latest version

the last working module just for 6.10 version *read page 79
-just uninstall the old one then replace with DJCrapsody version
-dont upgrade your ig
-and dont comeback here i think OP will not going to update this module anymore since 6.8 version :D

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
What are you, a timeline cop? All you've been doing for the past few pages is *****ing and crying about people not reading. So what if they don't read it? That's on them. You're more annoying than the people that don't read. Sign off the internet for a little while and go outside or something.

If poeople would do the right thing by reading or searching then this thread would not be full of useless posts.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

What are you, a timeline cop? All you've been doing for the past few pages is *****ing and crying about people not reading. So what if they don't read it? That's on them. You're more annoying than the people that don't read. Sign off the internet for a little while and go outside or something.

the last working module just for 6.10 version *read page 79
-just uninstall the old one then replace with DJCrapsody version
-dont upgrade your ig
-and dont comeback here i think OP will not going to update this module anymore since 6.8 version :D

it's not being updated anymore probably because of all the posts that are asking for etas and where the link is. I don't blame DJ for taking a break.

SkillFlipz

Dec 8, 2014
Hey because i was really bored i decided to work on this and get it working for 6.11.2 currently progress is its hooks on Instagram 6.11 and displays the download button i am currently just having a small issue with the MediaType class thats the only thing prohibiting it from grabbing the download url and downloading. Ill keep you guys updated.

I know i am a new user and there might be trust issues but when i am done ill post the source so any of you could just check over it.

Edit: It looks like it might take longer then i thought. I hope to get a working module by tomorrow or then day after.

Last edited:

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@MohammadAG not working anymore. Any solution?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

I've just downgraded back to 6.10 and its working atm. If anyone wants the apk, here ya go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bge852gltg1k893/Instagram.android.v610.apk?dl=0

Sent from my Oneplus One using the Tapatalk app.

I have downloaded this. Downloader still not working.

dansan382

Dec 19, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
@MohammadAG not working anymore. Any solution?

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

I have downloaded this. Downloader still not working.

it works. you need to be on the correct version of IG which is 6.10.1 and use IG downloader v 1.8.10-fix-6.10.1

make sure you completely remove the old IG downloader app, make sure its gone from xposed installer. Reboot the phone and reinstall it. you might have to uninstall instagram too. it will work. i use it every day pretty much

Reactions: la_malacoda and EXV

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
it works. you need to be on the correct version of IG which is 6.10.1 and use IG downloader v 1.8.10-fix-6.10.1

make sure you completely remove the old IG downloader app, make sure its gone from xposed installer. Reboot the phone and reinstall it. you might have to uninstall instagram too. it will work. i use it every day pretty much

Thanks it worker. Why dont you make it for latest version of IG.

dansan382

Dec 19, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks it worker. Why dont you make it for latest version of IG.

1) i didnt make this module

2) Everytime IG updates it breaks this downloader so it constantly needs to be updated.

3) the OP has been MIA for a long time, which is fine so @DJCrapsody has been nice enough to keep updating on his own. if his updating frequency isn't to your liking you're more than welcome to code your own module..

gdmlaz

Jul 16, 2010
Miami
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been updating the IG Downloader. Got ma sweet new laptop, and have been busy pla-working on stuff. :p

You should make ur own thread since u are Basically the dev keeping us up to date with this downloader mohamed is obiously 2 busy to update this I'm sure everyone would go over and u could keep the first post updated since it will be urs..... just a suggestion u should be getting more credit for ur work

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: mcshadows77

adamant783

May 6, 2013
Not working on redmi 1s with wsm tools.. I have MIUI V5 on my device... Can you please make this compatible with WSM tools?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

I got a lot of requests for this since I made a Vine Downloader module, so here it is! :)
    Downloads Instagram media to /sdcard/Downloads/Instagram (directory may vary per device, it's Instagram/ under your usual downloads directory).

Screenshots:
    BEuobK1l.png
    yXITOIdl.png

Compatibility:
    All ICS+ devices, as that's what the Xposed Framework requires.
    Instagram itself obviously.

Source:
    The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-InstagramDownloader
    You may NOT distribute this app on the Play Store, paid or free.

Download: (Requires Xposed Framework!)
    http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/is_xpo...dule/com.mohammadag.xposedinstagramdownloader

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider buying the donation package, this also unlocks DirectShare support https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mohammadag.xposedinstagramdownloaderdonate
    Donated via PayPal? I'll refund your donation so you don't have to donate twice! Email me.
    Closing thread again. I'll try to get the update out as soon as I have time.
    Gotta hold on for the new fix!
    Findings:
    Video details are the still same whereas they did some modification to Photo details. So downloading Video is fine, gotta work on the Photo side.

UPDATE: HERE IT IS! Tested and working. :)
    I'm thinking of just developing a version of my own. If it's better that way since I definitely will be updating it.
    Alright guys, here's the fix to the fix... I made some small mistakes. This adds support to Instagram v6.9.1.