FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Xperia T - Recovery booting problems

OP Gepru

23rd April 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
The problem

I have a rooted Xperia T, unlocked bootloader, and now I would like to flash a CM rom (10.1.3 stable). I have attempted to use some tutorials to simply boot into recovery using GooManager (flashing TWRP) or ROM Manager (flashing CWMR), but neither of these seem to work - when I attempt to boot into recovery, my phone simply reboots normally.

I then have tried to flash CWMR from my computer (I have a mac), and I can do fine until I reach a message in terminal detailing a failure that I can't seem to find elsewhere on the internet. (See screenshot)

So, I have hit a dead end - can't flash recovery on device, can't flash recovery via desktop.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Finder Window Edit.png
Views:	33
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2703144 Click image for larger version

Name:	Terminal Window Edit.png
Views:	33
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2703145 (Click to enlarge)

Details

USB debugging is enabled
When I am in fastboot the LED is blue (correct fastboot, I rooted my phone)
I have downloaded the CM .zip, the necessary gapps, and have backed up my apps 'n data with TB and simply copying files
I renamed the recovery on my desktop from 15102012.img (as I downloaded it) to cwmrecovery.img for ease of use

What is the problem on my device and on terminal?
What can I do to fix either?
Is there a step I have missed?
Have I missed a really obvious detail (if so, I feel really bad...)

If you need anything else to help me, just let me know.

Thanks guys.
24th April 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

222 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepru

The problem

I have a rooted Xperia T, unlocked bootloader, and now I would like to flash a CM rom (10.1.3 stable). I have attempted to use some tutorials to simply boot into recovery using GooManager (flashing TWRP) or ROM Manager (flashing CWMR), but neither of these seem to work - when I attempt to boot into recovery, my phone simply reboots normally.

I then have tried to flash CWMR from my computer (I have a mac), and I can do fine until I reach a message in terminal detailing a failure that I can't seem to find elsewhere on the internet. (See screenshot)

So, I have hit a dead end - can't flash recovery on device, can't flash recovery via desktop.

Screenshots

Attachment 2703144 Attachment 2703145 (Click to enlarge)

Details

USB debugging is enabled
When I am in fastboot the LED is blue (correct fastboot, I rooted my phone)
I have downloaded the CM .zip, the necessary gapps, and have backed up my apps 'n data with TB and simply copying files
I renamed the recovery on my desktop from 15102012.img (as I downloaded it) to cwmrecovery.img for ease of use

What is the problem on my device and on terminal?
What can I do to fix either?
Is there a step I have missed?
Have I missed a really obvious detail (if so, I feel really bad...)

If you need anything else to help me, just let me know.

Thanks guys.

I would say, try to do it on a native Windows 7 pc. No VMware or something. That's the most safe/relieable option you have.
10th December 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Alright, I returned to the problem and found a solution:
I installed TWRP via Flashtool for mac, and from there it all went swimmingly. The fact that I forgot to put the CM ROM on my phone was a little stupid, but that too worked out in the end.

Typed happily on my CM 10.2.0 Xperia T
10th December 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 41

208 posts
What CM 12 ROM you used?

Quote:

Alright, I returned to the problem and found a solution:
I installed TWRP via Flashtool for mac, and from there it all went swimmingly. The fact that I forgot to put the CM ROM on my phone was a little stupid, but that too worked out in the end.

Typed happily on my CM 10.2.0 Xperia T

10th December 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I am using 10.2.0, mint.
Not 12
The Following User Says Thank You to Gepru For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 41

208 posts
Ops...

Just a thing: on CM 10.2, have you got problems with microphone? I've used CM starting from last release (11) and I've always found that mic gain is too high. This cause that every record I do is too overdriven.

Can you test it, recording a vocal track very close to mic? I've always liked AOSP based ROM, but this issue made me came back to stock ROM.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Quote:

I am using 10.2.0, mint.
Not 12

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread