Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 51

325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matvei

Need help.
I've done everything till flashing recovery and boot.img from the given package. The CWM 6.0.4.8 works, from this recovery I get adb connection. But the device does not want to boot. It hangs... I did a wipe, it does not help. Upon start a bootloader I see "tampered" "unlocked" and s-on (unfortunately)
The device is HW2.49, T6UL, Telekom branded, it was updated till KitKat 4.4.2 Sense 5.5. What should I do now? Should I install boot.emmc.win (16 777 216 bytes) from official 2.61.401.3 or how may I fix the problem? It looks like the given boot.img does not work for me.

Do you know that you must extract manually the boot.img from the rom zip you have installed on your phone and flash it via fastboot right?
22nd November 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
Sure, I have flashed from ADB first CWM recovery and afterwards - boot.img. The las step was an error. Pleas do NOT flash boot.img if you have android 4.4, it will not work.
I solved the problem with following steps (my bootloader was unlocked and I have installed CWM from this thread):

1. Install from CWM the Viper ROM: http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/htc_on..._mai_01_a.html and start the system

2. Install the given SU 1.99 from CWM (not sure if that was necessary)

3. Install weaksauce apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699089
that gives you necessary root

4. use firewater to get s-off

Without weaksauce I could not get s-off using firewater, although viper rom was rooted.
I still have "tampered" mark upon startup, but it does not really matter...
The Following User Says Thank You to Matvei For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 15

223 posts
hi, im having troubles getting a sprint max unlocked, i did it on my M7 about 5 months ago but i just can't remember what i did back then, here's my current situation...

Im on hboot 249, android 4.4.2, bootloader unlocked from htc dev, and that's it...
all i want is to get it sim unlocked so i can use it on GSM network, can i flash custom ROMs without the need to get s-off?
27th November 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #134  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 51

325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgallup

hi, im having troubles getting a sprint max unlocked, i did it on my M7 about 5 months ago but i just can't remember what i did back then, here's my current situation...

Im on hboot 249, android 4.4.2, bootloader unlocked from htc dev, and that's it...
all i want is to get it sim unlocked so i can use it on GSM network, can i flash custom ROMs without the need to get s-off?

Just, unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP or CWM, then flash CM11 for example and the you can make S-OFF.
27th November 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 2,441

2,357 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgallup

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56424011

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
10th December 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #136  
Flag Mashhad
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
Hi Guys,

I have an htc one max with hboot 2.49 and also unlocked the bootloader to be able to s-off the device but it seems that waterfire project is already dead and I lost my fingerprint sensor with unlocking the bootloader, even with relocking it nothing has changed, so please correct me if I'm wrong but the only way for me to bring back the fingerprint sensor and s-off my device is to buy sunshine.apk , am I right ?

Thank you for your attention.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread