Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

!Hard-brick (qhsusb_dload) after OTA2014 reduced flash? back alive via RIFF-Box JTAG!

OP kimba99

4th April 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley

impressive!!!

great info!

i wonder how many brave souls will ever try this. a new phone for $200 might be the easier route for most people.

well, there were still a few un-backup'ed photos and 1 week of sms on it i wanted to recover! likewise, as the Dinc4g is _not_ available in Europe at all ... i had to _import_ another one (so now i have temporarily 2 ) ... costing me S&H + import taxes in addition ... plus the JTAG fee. still it was/is worthwhile for me. ... as i love the design and power of the fireball!!

maybe i'll try to resize the partitions of system/cache a bit to enlarge the always too full userdata-partition. ((just dunno HOW to do it yet))
10th April 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 3

72 posts
How would you suggest updating the radio and not bricking? I'm soff with the 0919 baseband. I'd like to flash the new radio but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
7th August 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
More
Same problem here.
I have a Incredible 4G board with the same problem. I think it's the same case of this post.

But at least I can boot the board in the bootloader mode, even I tried to reflash the RUU.zip (hboot 1.02 ) via microsd without luck

The HBOOT version says 1.15. ¿ideas?

The bootloader is in S-ON.
10th October 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 3

77 posts
if anyone has trouble rooting like i did using the given methods, just go to rumrunner directly and try their method after all drivers, should get you going
Last edited by naturalstamina; 10th October 2014 at 07:54 AM.
10th December 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #25  
Flag Morristown, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
More
Has anyone figured out how to recovery qhsusb_dload mode? Is there instructions on using RIFF-Box jtag? Where would I get started? Is there any other way now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dinc4g, fireball, firmware, qhsusb_dload, qpst
Previous Thread Next Thread