Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Repair Guide][New Method] How to replace dying sim/microsd/volume/power buttons

OP abhi08638

9th December 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Developer
Flag My coordinates
Thanks Meter: 11,131

2,493 posts
Donate to Me
More
Radio is extremely crappy on this device. Custom roms don't implement all stock radio features so there can be (even randomly) broken things.
9th December 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 7

61 posts
More
Hmm. Well, I tried to go back to stock. It just won't. Even got to a point where the LG update tool would flash in and out of being connected to the phone, and it would never settle on one or the other, so it can't do anything. Flash tool also reports no connection to the phone no matter what I do. I'm just about sick of this thing.
9th December 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 360

496 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchman16

Hmm. Well, I tried to go back to stock. It just won't. Even got to a point where the LG update tool would flash in and out of being connected to the phone, and it would never settle on one or the other, so it can't do anything. Flash tool also reports no connection to the phone no matter what I do. I'm just about sick of this thing.

If your recovery is still available, then just flash one of the stock 4.1.2 ROMs from the android development section

sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One

Don't forget to hit thanks!
10th December 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 18

103 posts
More
Phone I don't suppose....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchman16

Thank you. I'm having weird SIM card reading issues. Flash the same ROM twice, and once it will detect the SIM, the other time it won't.

Probably a silly question but have you tried a different SIM card in the reader to see if it could be the SIM card itself that is a problem?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi08638

Its honestly really easy and a good skill to learn, but there are PCBs with the motor already attached on eBay if you ever need it.

don't forget to hit thanks!

I agree that soldering is indeed a useful skill but I am not sure that a relatively expensive (and I am sure in everyone's eyes, precious) phone is the best place to start practicing; heat damage from a soldering iron can do irreversible damage to sensitive components as well as the copper tracks on the PCB.

Also, I may be a good idea to edit the guide a little to mention the possibility of needing to desolder/solder if the appropriate parts require it?
The Following User Says Thank You to weezlerox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 7

61 posts
More
Yes, tried multiple SIM cards. None work on a custom ROM now. My first flash with SlimKat 8.9, was golden in every way but the camera. Then nothing but trouble with everything else. Even the "stable" CM 10 wasn't stable for me. I just managed to get a pure LG 20d ROM installed, and everything works fine. Battery life is even great. I started flashing custom ROMs to get a better device, but now with a rooted, Xposed, and stable stock ROM, I kind of wonder if it's worth bothering. It would be nice to have KK, but I don't really miss it TBH. I still have root, I still have "most" of what I liked about KK, and there are no more bugs.

Same with my original Nexus 7. Both had been flashed to KK of one sort or another (MANY times before I gave up), and both developed issues from it no matter how I did it. Went back to stock JB on both devices, and everything is fine.

If I flash any more custom ROMs I'm def going to keep a solid JB backup ready to get a stable device back if need be, and so far need be indeed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
microsd, power, repair, sim, volume
Previous Thread Next Thread