OP bilal_liberty

11th December 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #161  
Flag Београд
Thanks Meter: 169

466 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungraphic

Does anyone know how to backup the existing Radio before flashing to the new one?

I don't know how to back it up, but i know that i changed/switched radios numerous times and always downloaded them, just by using google/search. Didn't even bother to keep them after some time.
11th December 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #162  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreane Van Daal

I don't know how to back it up, but i know that i changed/switched radios numerous times and always downloaded them, just by using google/search. Didn't even bother to keep them after some time.

Hmm, do you know where I could find radio version 0.17.31501S.10_2 ?? I can't find it anywhere online. It's what I have currently in one of my phones and would like to change to it, but cant extract it from one of my One S phones (the other one uses a different radio but doesnt connect to Wind Mobile's 1700/2100mhz network).
11th December 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #163  
Flag Београд

466 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm, do you know where I could find radio version 0.17.31501S.10_2 ?? I can't find it anywhere online. It's what I have currently in one of my phones and would like to change to it, but cant extract it from one of my One S phones (the other one uses a different radio but doesnt connect to Wind Mobile's 1700/2100mhz network).

i don't know either for that one, except with proper ruu, but i find out how to backup radio:
"If you want to make a backup of your current radio/baseband, you can do so using ADB. Open a Terminal window or Command Prompt, change into the directory you have ADB installed to, and enter the following two lines:

Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 of=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img
After you enter the second command, the prompt will appear to be frozen. Just let it sit for a few seconds, it can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to copy your current radio/baseband software to a file on your sdcard. Once the command has finished, you should see something similar to this:

Code:
$ adb shell
# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 of=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img
153601+0 records in
153601+0 records out
78643712 bytes transferred in 20.955 secs (3752980 bytes/sec)
You now have a backup of your current radio saved to a file called “radio_firmware.img” on the root of your sdcard."
11th December 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #164  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

83 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

i don't know either for that one, except with proper ruu, but i find out how to backup radio:
"If you want to make a backup of your current radio/baseband, you can do so using ADB. Open a Terminal window or Command Prompt, change into the directory you have ADB installed to, and enter the following two lines:

Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 of=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img
After you enter the second command, the prompt will appear to be frozen. Just let it sit for a few seconds, it can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to copy your current radio/baseband software to a file on your sdcard. Once the command has finished, you should see something similar to this:

Code:
$ adb shell
# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 of=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img
153601+0 records in
153601+0 records out
78643712 bytes transferred in 20.955 secs (3752980 bytes/sec)
You now have a backup of your current radio saved to a file called “radio_firmware.img” on the root of your sdcard."

THANK YOU!!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote:

Is it possible to flash the img file through TWRP?
When I do flash it, do I need to reflash the rom, or do a wipe?

Thanks again!
11th December 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #165  
Flag Београд

466 posts
More
Quote:

THANK YOU!!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Is it possible to flash the img file through TWRP?
When I do flash it, do I need to reflash the rom, or do a wipe?

Thanks again!

nope, gotta flash it via adb and fastboot f.e.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash radio radioname.img
and reboot.
.img had to be in adb folder.
Or just use app called flashify, it was great for kernels, radios and recoveries.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2014, htc, new radio, one (m8), ville
Previous Thread Next Thread