[Q&A] [ROM] [5.0] [Lollipop] [Official] NamelessROM 2.0 [ALPHA]

Search This thread

nantha

Dec 9, 2014
Google camera is not working

Hi,

The ROM is good. the only problem am facing is camera. i have installed the google camera. when i open it second time onwards, its not working. If i reboot the mobile. then first time its opening and again second time is not working. Do you have any solutions for this?

rp158

Jan 1, 2013
HTC Desire
OnePlus 6
Did you use the CameraFix? If not, use 'search this thread' at the right to find the zip, it's mentioned very often here and in the main-thread.

Lyngze

Dec 7, 2014
Try Downloading Google 'messenger' on the play store. Besides looking more material like, it also fixed that problem for me. Good luck!

Also, does anyone know how to edit the notification drawer shortcuts? Like flash light etc? I have done there that I don't use at all but I can't seem to find where to remove them. Thanks

Thanks for the input, it unfortunately did not fix the issue, however I think the problem might be with my SIM card/Carrier rather with the ROM, just got a LG G3 the other day and sending SMS with the same SIM card does not work on that phone either... Just a coincidence that I was fiddling around with this ROM when the problem arose I guess.

Hi,

The ROM is good. the only problem am facing is camera. i have installed the google camera. when i open it second time onwards, its not working. If i reboot the mobile. then first time its opening and again second time is not working. Do you have any solutions for this?

Hi, I have the exact same problem, however I found that if I close the camera app when done using it (pressing the back button until it closes) instead of using the home button the camera continues to work just fine. If I close it by any other means though it usually means that the app won't connect to the camera ("Can't connect to camera" message). The camera fix only fixed the stock camera app for me, I think the problem still persisted with the "can't connect to camera" message, however it seems to be a problem with a lot of AOSP ROMS, at least I have had it with a lot of CM roms as well as this one.

Reactions: WakerPT

Lilec

Oct 22, 2013
phone stop working when my friend call me.

unavailability for friends who calls me than my phone starts ringing, so start "phone application has stopped working" and my phone is unavailable.

Last edited:

karthikxdadev

Dec 8, 2014
Hi,

I installed the rom with 20141128 build and everything is working fine. But the only problem I'm facing is while locking the phone either thourgh power button or through any phone locking app, the phone reboots.

I tried reinstalling the rom multiple times and everytime I'm facing the same issue.
Please help to fix this basic issue.

I found the fix.. Need to enable the wifi at least once before it locks. After that the phone lock works just fine. Thx

Me26

Sep 17, 2014
Bucharest
I've tried this Rom, is great but isn't a daily use rom, is more for testing and showing that GT-I9300 will get a stable lollipop rom, 2g,3g they are in status bar they connect but don't really work, the Wi-Fi doesn't work at all, so if you wanna see how it is or how will look like try it but then you should flash another rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

rp158

Jan 1, 2013
HTC Desire
OnePlus 6
Your wise advise is useless: in both threads you find 100 posts about that. Wifi and mobile data works /works not, depending on various hardware and chosen kernel.

Last edited:

jehad.drarjeh

Apr 2, 2013
Hey everyone for the first day of testing the ROM it was perfect but now every time I press the power button or the phone sleeps after not being touched, it reboots
Is their any fix for that ?

castorone

Nov 14, 2013
Hey everyone for the first day of testing the ROM it was perfect but now every time I press the power button or the phone sleeps after not being touched, it reboots
Is their any fix for that ?

post #307
I found the fix.. Need to enable the wifi at least once before it locks. After that the phone lock works just fine. Thx

Reactions: jehad.drarjeh

Milad Moosavi

Sep 18, 2012
tehran
power button problem

Hi,

I installed the rom with 20141128 build and everything is working fine. But the only problem I'm facing is while locking the phone either thourgh power button or through any phone locking app, the phone reboots.

I tried reinstalling the rom multiple times and everytime I'm facing the same issue.
Please help to fix this basic issue.

your problem will solve the first time you turn on wifi and connect to a network.

evolutionf33

Dec 12, 2014
I've installed and flashed nameless-5.0-20141128-i9300.zip . My phone keep restarting whenever I put it into sleep mode. Any idea why? Thank you.

Nexted456

Dec 13, 2014
Galaxy S3 White lights stuck

Hi all! I've installed nameless rom and gapps and now when I rebooted my phone It show white lights(when loading android lollipop) and after some time, my phone makes reboot by himself. I've installed everything properly, I don't know where is issue. And I have galaxy S3(GT-I9300) Maybe someone can help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Readjusted Boot Animation

I've resized the bootanimation to fit GT I9300's resolution, all you need to do is use something like root browser and go to system/media and replace the original bootanimation.zip there, remember to change the permissions to (rw-r-r) and the ownership to owner: root Group: root or it won't work.

Kudos to the developer of this ROM :)
    can't wait for 5.1, and more camera functions.
    Error 7 is probably caused by old recovery. Flash TWRP 2.8.4.0.
    New build 28112014 is available

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app
    Well after reading all the posts I decided to test it. First of all, I'm no developer. Here's what I did;
    1. Did "Wipe to install a new ROM" from philz
    2. Installed ROM
    3. Installed Gapps.
    That's pretty much it for everyone who keeps asking how to install it -_- and the first boot took about 10 minutes for some reason.

As for bugs, I still haven't experienced a single issue except for the keyboard problem which I fixed by enabling hardware keyboard from settings. Everything works smooth as silk :')
    Just sharing my results because of all the negative posts..
    Great work devs!
    When i want to change user picture recieve message "Unfortunately, the application Documents it stopped working"..
    Someone have this problem?

Got the same problem when i'm trying to send files with the gallery or other stuff related to files.
    Though it's an alpha build, i use it as my daily driver, it's just so nice to have a fluid Rom that works mainly! :D

Huge thanks to the Dev! Keep up the good work!