Ask a question

No registration required

Minix NEO X8 and X8-H Amlogic S802 Quad Core TV BOX

OP GeekEric

9th November 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 399

1,328 posts
More
How does this box compare to the new Nexus Player, used mainly for XBMC/media playback?
13th November 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 3

104 posts
Hi at all!! I have the phone you see in my signature and i have this Minix i bought a month ago.
The configuration is the link in below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7m76rdx1rp...png?dl=0<br />

I don't know why i cannot send video signal of my media on Tv.
The Minix gives me tgat Hdcp is not supported...
Audio signal is transmitted regularly.
Please help me!!

Edit: with the build "XXUGNG8" the wifi Direct works fine!!!

sent from Int. GT-I9505 & stock KK 4.4.2 no brand, Rome - Italy
Last edited by umby75; 27th November 2014 at 11:54 AM.
4th December 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 8

34 posts
Hey not sure if this was covered. Someone mentioned it played 3D ISO in XBMC but in 2D only? Well 2 things to consider...was the option in XBMC set to play the ISO in 3D or 2D (assuming they have a custom version like VidOn...aka CrapOn). If it has that option then it may have been set to 2D unknowing to the poster of that comment. Also, if they do not have a custom version of XBMC, it may have to be played via the file browser. If anyone owning this box can let me know. Also I am looking at the X8-H Plus as it has a slightly updated CPU.
12th December 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Remote control is not working with RemoteIME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekEric

If you have the android smartphone/tablet, you can try to install the droidmote app, and then you can zoom in/out google maps like what you did on touchscreen.

or minix have their own smartphone control app, check here:

The RemoteIME is not working in my new neo x8-h. I can turn on the remote controntol button at the neo x8-h and it shows the IP adress. But my android phone (Acer E380) is not able to find the neo x8-h. I am using the same network. Google TV remote works. Yatse works in XMBC, RK Remote Control from Minix is not working. DroidMote is still not testet, I will do that after Rooting my Neo. Does anyone have an idea why the RemoteIME ist not working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
minix neo x8-h, minix neo x8-h firmware, minix neo x8-h review, minix neo x8-h root, minix neo x8h
Previous Thread Next Thread