21st June 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
xda ;)
Thanks Meter: 156

218 posts
Donate to Me
Hi !
After the MODEMS thread,
i decided to start this thread to help SGS ACE IIx and S Duos owners in recoveries switching....

So, if you want to flash kk+ roms(Like CM11, BeanStalk...), TWRP is better for you
You can get it >>>>> HERE

If you want to flash stock-based roms(Like PMP Ultra, Kyle/SS/Open, Cosmic...), CWM is better for you
You can get it >>>>> HERE

Just flash your recovery from your current one and then reboot recovery....

Regards......
The Following User Says Thank You to .rootCoder. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by .rootCoder.

Hi !
i decided to start this thread to help SGS ACE IIx and S Duos owners in recoveries switching....
Regards......

Thank you for your job!
I'm using TWRP and have already customized .fstab to allow backing up all the partitions
including modem FW and settings (ecrypted, contains real qualcomm efs customized by Samsung incl IMEI, locks and baseband settings) which are very important to be on the safe side and restore device to the working condition independently of what had been damaged and what Samsung and other unfair "money-makers" want me to do or not to do or buy or not to buy. Furthermore, we can dump whole emmc to the raw image incl partition table and secret holes (its almost standard MBR, because emmc is nothing else than almost standard extremely cheap $2 (in retail!) uSD card (the only difference it's soldered as BGA) which sold as some valuable BIG'n'cool "internal storage" and I will not be surprised if its made of MLC NAND which will fail soon to make Samsung happy to sell you a new cool device ). This full emmc dump will be flashable via JTAG as RAW image (RIFF JTAG standard), so we needn't to have $150 RIFF to backup, but can buy it once we would be forced to restore our devices.
S7562 has JTAG connector so even soldering is optional and pin adapter could be used instead.

But there is problem to me - I can't find TWRP recovery settings in external file, so I can't edit primary check boxes positions and can't manage cache entry because it always shows "Android Secure" instead of cache independently of what cache entry contains in .fstab. I realize these settings built-in to the recovery binary so I ask you to share sources in this topic so everyone could be able to fully customize package.
On other hand I would be pleased to cooperate with you because I have 20+years of hacking experience but almost have no android/linux development experience, so I think it could get more time for me to install and tune up environment than hacking itself. I can provide you with full partition layout and some other internals of the Kyle and ready (but not debugged) .fstab to make a few good TWRP assemblies with different fstabs (most full version I'm sure shouldn't be offered to the novices, because they can easily kill their devices) or one more customized and featured.

Furthermore, MAYBE ones (who are familiar with iron and fan) can blow off emmc and solder in standard uSD slot (8-9 wires, I don't think they use SPI pins) to use cheap 16-32Gb uSD or may be superfast 64-128 or even 256Gb for internal storage. Anyway, I can't remember real parts# inside, even if there is MCP instead of pure emmc, ones can always order another BIG'n'Fast emmc (or MCP with emmc and bigger DRAM size), flash it and reball in place. (or reball then flash w/RIFF).
No flashing/software problems they should experience - the only modification req'd is to expand userdata ext4 partition to the size of new emmc or create new additional one and write script to mount it to the system at startup.

Modding is always fun because it's your creature and your win, not the other's labor and mind, bought at the store
The most limiting here is a free time, but I have a small amount.
Last edited by TheDrive; 12th December 2014 at 12:30 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s7562
Previous Thread Next Thread