8th December 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #461  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 195

616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0ra

You are right again this is probably the same problem ! It comes either from msm_mpdecision or from the voltage not being high enough or a mix of the two.
Next version will tell !

Nice! Can't wait for this little problem to go away! Thanks!
8th December 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #462  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 692

633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoSparks

Nice! Can't wait for this little problem to go away! Thanks!

Unfortunately this will have to wait until next week since I have an exam on Friday. I could provide you with a test version sooner but I only have it for stock based ROM.
8th December 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #463  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 195

616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Unfortunately this will have to wait until next week since I have an exam on Friday. I could provide you with a test version sooner but I only have it for stock based ROM.

By "can't wait" I don't mean to rush anything I understand your busy-ness, because I am as well sometimes busy. Just take your time..
The Following User Says Thank You to TechnoSparks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #464  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 87

374 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You are right again this is probably the same problem ! It comes either from msm_mpdecision or from the voltage not being high enough or a mix of the two.
Next version will tell !

increasing voltages the phone is more stable, but not enough, forced closing a random freezes still can happen with heavy apps and games...

you will add back the gpu oc in next versions?
12th December 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #465  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 8

55 posts
More
Quote:

Minor update : CM Williams kernel v4.1

Few days ago i opened my bootloader and.... installed MrSteve555's CM11 b12.5...
It was a fresh install ,cleared everything from Philz. (Governor : Abyssplug/ROW)
After install su/stop mpdecision/rename was done and finally installed this V4.1 kernel from recovery ,later from fastboot too.
No ,not bootloop happened.
The screen was garbled at bootime like this :
CLICK
About Williams V7 : The Latest PureExperience ROM with V7 : bootloop. (Philz : Clean to install new ROM + Format System)
I have a C5302.
For now i'm on LBL ,CM11 b12.5 and everythings fine.
Any idea ?!
12th December 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #466  
OP Senior Member

633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akimester

Few days ago i opened my bootloader and.... installed MrSteve555's CM11 b12.5...
It was a fresh install ,cleared everything from Philz. (Governor : Abyssplug/ROW)
After install su/stop mpdecision/rename was done and finally installed this V4.1 kernel from recovery ,later from fastboot too.
No ,not bootloop happened.
The screen was garbled at bootime like this :
CLICK
About Williams V7 : The Latest PureExperience ROM with V7 : bootloop. (Philz : Clean to install new ROM + Format System)
I have a C5302.
For now i'm on LBL ,CM11 b12.5 and everythings fine.
Any idea ?!

Of course, you can't flash a kernel on locked bootloader.

Edit : ok, my bad. I haven' seen that you say at the beginning that you are on unlocked bootloader

Edit 2 :
But this can help you : http://williams-kernel.tk/help.php
You can't flash this kernel on ROM based on stock kernel (It means any ROM which works with Locked bootloader, even if you have an unlocked bootloader)
Last edited by pec0ra; 12th December 2014 at 04:17 PM.
12th December 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #467  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 8

55 posts
More
According to your help :
PureExperience is a LBL ROM ,based on stock kernel (.207) ,so i tried with V7 as i wrote before. -> Bootloop.
V4.1 for CM - Garbled sreen with CM11 b12.5 (its an LBL ROM too ,based on .207). Previously forget it : after the unsuccessful install ,tried it with V7,too : Bootloop.
My bootloader was unlocked when i tried your kernel !

What am i done wrong ?
12th December 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #468  
OP Senior Member

633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akimester

According to your help :
PureExperience is a LBL ROM ,based on stock kernel (.207) ,so i tried with V7 as i wrote before. -> Bootloop.
V4.1 for CM - Garbled sreen with CM11 b12.5 (its an LBL ROM too ,based on .207). Previously forget it : after the unsuccessful install ,tried it with V7,too : Bootloop.
My bootloader was unlocked when i tried your kernel !

What am i done wrong ?

If you tried with the sony version, then I see no reason. You can try with v8 though, it should be a bit more stable. If you still have issue you can send me a dmesg (or last_kmsg).
The Following User Says Thank You to pec0ra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #469  
OP Senior Member

633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Update to v5
New update : CM Williams kernel v5

This new version is only for CM11 !

Changelog :
  • Set qcom mpdecision as default hotplug (No need to rename it anymore unless you want to use another hotplug )
  • Remove msm_mpdecision
  • Add fast hotplug
  • Increase 1.8GHz step frequency for better stability
  • Add FOTA recovery support (Volume down; needs testing)

I will not update the versions for cm10.1 and MIUI because they these roms are becoming old. If you really want it, ask me and I'll update them when I have time.

From now on, you won't need anymore to deactivate mpdecision before flashing the kernel. It is now set as the default hotplug. You only need to deactivate it when you activate another hotplug (for example if you want to try fast hotplug) but if you use the app Pimp my Z1, it will do it for you !

About fast hotplug :

Fast hotplug is a hotplug I wrote myself. You can find more information there

Download :
Recovery flashable zip :
CM11 Williams kernel v5.zip
mirror
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pec0ra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #470  
Quote:

New update : CM Williams kernel v5

This new version is only for CM11 !

Changelog :

• Set qcom mpdecision as default hotplug (No need to rename it anymore unless you want to use another hotplug )
  • Remove msm_mpdecision
  • Add fast hotplug
  • Increase 1.8GHz step frequency for better stability
  • Add FOTA recovery support (Volume down; needs testing)

I will not update the versions for cm10.1 and MIUI because they these roms are becoming old. If you really want it, ask me and I'll update them when I have time.

From now on, you won't need anymore to deactivate mpdecision before flashing the kernel. It is now set as the default hotplug. You only need to deactivate it when you activate another hotplug (for example if you want to try fast hotplug) but if you use the app Pimp my Z1, it will do it for you !

About fast hotplug :

Fast hotplug is a hotplug I wrote myself. You can find more information there

Download :
Recovery flashable zip :
CM11 Williams kernel v5.zip
mirror

Seems great that 3 things on the xperia forums are getting updates. Quite a lot of good ones too (including mine if i say so myself ). Would give xda users loads of things too try during this weekend

The Following User Says Thank You to Furrydaus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread