Originally Posted by Osirus71
Ive had that issue for a while...Im currently running the 4.13 651.4 Sense 5 Rom but have bad issues with battery draining. I found out its the Google Services related to PlayStore App Updates.
After playing around for a few days with BBS, I've gotten the battery drain down from 4.5%/hr to 1.2%/hr when sleeping. I can live with that. The problem is, as I was trying several things simultaiously (bad experimentation, I know), I'm not exactly sure what did the trick. It was probably a combination of things. Some things I did:
1) I noticed from BBS that the Visual Voicemail App was fairly active while the phone was sleeping. I went in to the setting there and disabled trial notification from Sprint, and as I recall one or two other extraneous things that I didn't think I needed. When trying to exit settings, I noticed VVM wouldn't save them due to a server timeout. I then tried an update for the app, and that wouldn't work either for the same reason. I switched from WiFi to 4G, and the settings saving and update worked. VVM has since been much less active.
2) in Settings->Location, I unchecked "Wi-Fi & mobile network location" and "Wi-Fi scanning always available". I haven't found that any of the apps I regularly use gripe about these settings.
3) I also unchecked "Let Google apps access your location". This setting gains a few tenths of a percent on batter drain, but two negative consequences of this were that Google Maps doesn't work (wants access to location), and Gmail will not notify of a received message if the phone is sleeping; the Gmail notification doesn't come until you wake up the phone. Since I get weather updates from Gmail, I turned this one back on.
4) I also gained a few tenths of a % by setting the phone face (screen) down instead of face up. I'm usually on WiFi at home, so this could be because the antennas are closer to the cover on the side opposite the screen. With "Let Google apps access you location" enabled, The Google apps are probably always doing some kind of network access, even when the phone is supposed to be sleeping.
Some things I had done previously:
1) Set all app updates to manual.
2) Set all email updates for my POP accounts using the native email client to manual update. Even with this setting, for some reason, I still occasionally get notifcation of new email on those POP accounts, even though both peak and off-peak times are set to manual update. I don't know what's going on there, but for some reason, the email client is still checking those accounts periodically.
That's about all I remember. Perhaps this can be of help to someone.