[ROM][JB 4.1.2][2013-08-08][ SCH-I705 ] DoubleshotROM v2.8.1 - FINAL

Search This thread

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
I've seen there are still a few who own and use this tab. I might feel up for releasing a debloated optimized stock ROM for the latest firmware MI1. I don't own the tab anymore, so I'd need a tester or two. PM me if interested.

EDIT: If, of course, recoveries work. If they don't work anymore, has anyone tried safestrap from the S3 thread? The partition layout is identical and so is most of the hardware.

EDIT 2: If I did make a new release, it'd definitely work for the old timer folks with an unlocked bootloader. I could then possibly work with one of them to make an ODIN flashable ROM for the locked folks.

so.. any interest?

Awesome! I'm definitely interested in helping out. I don't have an unlocked bootloader so I've been doing customizations straight to the stock MI1 ROM and then flashing via ODIN. I'm willing to help test an MI1 version made like this for ODIN, or contribute however else I can!

I've never tried Safestrap but I'd be willing to try it out.

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
How did you unlock your bootloader?
Just tried the S3 safestrap which didn't work. At least it didn't brick!

The bootloader unlock was compatible up until the MI1 update. He most likely has a pre-MI1 device.

The inlaws are gone now. @squintter , I'll get a ROM + kernel put together here in the next few weeks. In the meantime, can you tell me which firmware you're still running on your I705?

squintter

Mar 2, 2008
The bootloader unlock was compatible up until the MI1 update. He most likely has a pre-MI1 device.

The inlaws are gone now. @squintter , I'll get a ROM + kernel put together here in the next few weeks. In the meantime, can you tell me which firmware you're still running on your I705?

20140828_210138.jpg

Reactions: BigBot96

LostMyMarbles

Mar 20, 2013
Wow, I am SO happy to see that someone still uses this. I'm on the latest version of this as well.. 4.1.2 haha, awesome Hyde, I know you're probably busy with other things. So ill be hopeful! Thanks man!

jdrudd2

Sep 22, 2010
Kansas City
Finally found a downloadable TAR image. Gonna see what I can whip together. Any ROMs on those of you on the MI1 firmware may not be possible. This will be only for those on LL2 and below.

Any updates at all on this? I have a VZW Tab2 but it's running the MI1 firmware. I managed to use towelroot and get SuperSU running fine. I have yet to try any kind of recovery flashing or ROM tinkering. I did that when I first got the device and bricked it. Luckily, Verizon swapped me out with a new one. So I don't want to make the same mistake twice!

That said, I would love the option of adding a different ROM to this tablet. I've gone the SafeStrap method on my S4. I'd like to be able to do some tinkering with the Tab!

Thanks for the help.

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
Any updates at all on this? I have a VZW Tab2 but it's running the MI1 firmware. I managed to use towelroot and get SuperSU running fine. I have yet to try any kind of recovery flashing or ROM tinkering. I did that when I first got the device and bricked it. Luckily, Verizon swapped me out with a new one. So I don't want to make the same mistake twice!

That said, I would love the option of adding a different ROM to this tablet. I've gone the SafeStrap method on my S4. I'd like to be able to do some tinkering with the Tab!

Thanks for the help.

I've not had a lot of time lately. However, It's still on my radar. I'm going to inquire with those in the know regarding how to modify the S3 safestrap to work with the I705. Then hopefully we can get some ROMs for you folks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DoubleshotROM v2.8.1

I have stopped development on this ROM

READ FIRST

*** *** *** *** Disclaimer *** *** *** ***
    I am not responsible if you break your stuff. READ READ READ

02.png

Features
    Built from VRBLL2 base
    Zipaligned
    De-Odexed
    Debloated
    AOSP 4.3 Touch/Lock sounds
    build.prop speed tweaks
    Android 4.3 Google boot animation
    Adobe Flash Player 11
    SuperSU
    Terminal Emulator
    Nano
    Bash
    BusyBox
    Cyan colored battery, status icons, clock
    Galaxy S4 Flare Lockscreen
    Mini-app tray feature has been removed

DoubleshotKernel v2.0 @ 1.70ghz With the following:
    +init.d support (thanks scrosler!)
    +Custom bootanimation.zip support
    *+ I recommend using System Tuner from Play Store for CPU control - System Tuner -

ExtSd2InternalSd - Swaps Internal SD with External SD card (Only test with the 8gb model, should work with others)
    *VERY special thanks goes out to mattiadj - original thread from GS3! He created this MOD, I take 0 credit! I just had to modify two numbers, but nothing special. Please, go to his thread and hit thanks on any of his posts!

Requirements
    A *VERIZON* Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SCH-I705
    Root
    Unlocked bootloader
    CWM/TWRP Recovery
    VRBLL2 Firmware (modem/rpm/sbl2/sbl3/tz. Found Here: espressovzw_VRBLL2_firmware.zip
    If you are already on Jellybean, skip firmware.

Install
    1. BACKUP!
    2. If coming from ICS: Wipe data / factory reset, clear dalvik cache
    3. Flash in CWM/TWRP
    4. Reboot
    5. Hit the THANKS button!

Download
    If you want to remove the swap script, go to /system/etc/init.d/ and delete 11ExtSd2InternalSd. Reboot.

Thanks
    mattiadj (xda) -> ExtSd2InternalSd SD Swap MOD
    balliboxer (xda) -> Idea for the flare lockscreen

Issues
    None that I know of
    I'm working on getting my own forums set up.. it's ridiculous that XDA keeps the LTE tabs and wifi tabs in the same damn forum... just sort of annoying me more and more. Once I get it set up I'll post up links. Currently set up just making sure it's configured properly.
    Yeah.. a couple things if I can figure it out.
    And you don't have to worry about me leaving yall any time soon... I have 1 1/2 years left on my LTE contract :) lol
    Glad you got it goin!

Psst... hit the thanks button :) :good: