Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

OP Hellscythe

6th December 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #861  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So I graduated from my N4 to the 16gb OPO four days ago. Night and day. I miss lollipop but that shall be remedied this weekend when I root and install one of the new test builds. I'm excited for the future of this phone. I'm so happy with my choice and I look forward to participating in this awesome community! Phone is lightning fast, has amazing battery life, is highly customizable, screen is spectacular, it does my laundry... What more could I ask for?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Forged1ntuition; 6th December 2014 at 04:40 AM.
6th December 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #862  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 14

52 posts
More
Well, I ended up selling my OPO as someone was interested in it and didn't mind the issues (actually after a fresh wipe, well two wipes, I didn't notice the touchscreen issues anymore and some people don't mind the yellow band).

Anyways, I think I'll try the phone again in maybe a month or so to see if a new build may resolve more issues (or at least maybe a new OS update will be out that might fix more things). Of course, I'll have to try and get another invite (unless I get one myself direct from OPO since I did buy the phone once already). As much as it has/had issues, I still can't think of another Android phone I'd want to own at the moment. Though if I wait long enough (as I already have another phone so I don't 'need' it), I might as well wait for the second version if they don't over price it...
6th December 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #863  
Thanks Meter: 71

416 posts
I just received my phone on wednesday, the 64gig version. (Wanted the 16gig but had an invite for the 64, oh well sure I will use the space)

Anyways I loved the packaging the phone came in, I know its minor but man it was so sleek - very good presentation.

I have owned a HTC EVO3d, to a Nexus 4, and got my wife the nexus 5.. And the One Plus One easily beats all of them. The phone's build quality is awesome, it feels so solid.

I have had no issues with my touch screen (other then I bought a tempered glass screen protector and it definitely reduced the sensitivity a little, hardly noticeable if I wasn't always looking for issues with the touch screen!) But no yellowing and no ghosting etc etc.

Signal is great, i have Tmobile LTE in my area and on my Nexus 4 I got 25Mbps, on the OnePlus I get 38Mbps..
Also man the speakers on the phone and nice and loud - and crisp.. All my other phones were so low I always had them maxed out - this phone the alarm went off at full volume and scared the hell out of my wife and I!

And finally the battery life is better then I could have imagined. Easily double the life of my nexus 4.

Love this phone, best purchase. I am thinking of selling my wifes nexus 5 for another one.

** Oh and as far as Lollipop, my opinion of course -but I hardly miss it.. CM really did a great job with the stock rom - I didn't even root it or even flash a custom recovery for that matter.. Felt no need. Only thing I did was unlock the bootloader. Giving my dad my nexus 4 and I actually flashed CM over lollipop just so I can control wakelocks easy, maybe squeeze some battery life out of it for him.

-Ogrillion
Last edited by ogrillion; 6th December 2014 at 02:27 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ogrillion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #864  
Flag ^Underground^
Thanks Meter: 12,176

7,705 posts
More
Any users who wish to post some genuine reviews about One Plus One? I am currently using Galaxy S4 and would love to upgrade to phones within this range..
8th December 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #865  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 47

207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr!

Any users who wish to post some genuine reviews about One Plus One? I am currently using Galaxy S4 and would love to upgrade to phones within this range..

Read throughout this thread and that should be enough. What are you even waiting for, get it already. Best phone ever... Been having this baby for 3 months and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to PaoloMix09 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #866  
Thanks Meter: 4

154 posts
More
well i recieved my RMA OPO, and it pisses me off.
Its a got a very small chip on the aluminum band and bottom of the touchscreen... the plastic part connecting to the glass... this is straight out of the box! WTF!
and its got some yellow banding!

To be honest though, as long as i dont have touchscreen problems ill probably just keep so i dont have to deal with their customer service again. (I already put in an RMA just in case)
13th December 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #867  
Thanks Meter: 12

109 posts
(mine is the 64G)

Pros:
For the price, this phone can't be beat.
3G ram a must. When you get into running apps like tasker, ecid, audioclock, etc.
Easy to rom, no crapware (samsung, never again), near-stock + good features
Speakers are LOUD. Very nice for voice notifications (app like eCID)

Cons:
From all accounts, horrible customer support, and to an extant, a horrible company.
Terrible screen. Looks like **** VS. iphone or AMOLED screen. Yellow spots most likely (though not that bad)
usb connector backwards!!! bad for seek thermal users

Meh:
Camera. Decent but can't compete with iPhone or the Note4. I've come to accept mediocre Camera on the Android side.
As for bugs, t'is no more buggy than a samsung or nexus device. They ALL have bugs these days. Hell, even iOS8 is a nightmare bug-wise. Not a factor IMHO.
Size. Too big for my taste but the back makes it super grippy, meaning you can hold it fine for long periods of time.

Conclusion:
For off contract, the screen is not enough of a deal breaker NOT to get the phone. Such a good deal. BUT you have to be willing to risk getting a bad unit and then, RMA is a nightmare. But if you have iPads, iPhones or even AMOLED phones in the house as well, it will hurt everytime you look at the one!

The Following User Says Thank You to Gabeloooooo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800, snapdragon 801
Previous Thread Next Thread