[APP] StarKissed Remote [Configure ANY Kernel]

Search This thread

tr72

Jul 8, 2007
Thank you for the update, your app is really better and better. For me everything stick on reboot except voltage and readahead.
Maybe the problem is my device or me which use it badly. I set it for each freq manually then apply and tick apply on boot.
The scheduler I choose stick but not the readahead.

It's a really nice to see you and @Friedrich to work together to make a great combo

Thanks a lot and thanks for your help.

Sent from tapatalk

Thank you for the update, your app is really better and better. For me everything stick on reboot except voltage and readahead.
Maybe the problem is my device or me which use it badly. I set it for each freq manually then apply and tick apply on boot.
The scheduler I choose stick but not the readahead.

It's a really nice to see you and @Friedrich to work together to make a great combo

Thanks a lot and thanks for your help.

Sent from tapatalk

I found a lot of the issues to be that some of the older interfaces (ie. gov, io, readahead, etc) didn't get updates to the new way of displaying the current values and were displaying what the system booted with and not what it got changed to once everything ran.

Alright, I just pushed yet another version.

I cleaned up a lot of the "current" values, since they were just a verification that what you set was accepted. This is now done by the spinner, toggle, edit box itself by refreshing after apply.
I set a lot of the spinners to commit the settings instantly. I recommend unchecking apply at boot to try something you have never tried before. That way if the device reboots, it isn't applied.
I also went through and attempted to standardize the views. Now everything should look clean and organized. Overall, this was another huge update that ate a whole day, haha.

Hello,
after donating there are some icons on top of the app :)

The rightmost downloads some "speedtweak" thingy, which doesn't seem to install, throwing an error about fusion.

What's this exactly? :)

I need to disable the icon. Speedtweak was an old native script version of kernel configuration mostly intended for the Galaxy Nexus and other older devices to allow using some of the stuff the app offered that couldn't be done using the app. It is a little too outdated to be relevant anymore and will hard a Note 4 more than improve it.

mliou

Dec 20, 2010
Vancouver
Thanks for the update.
Governor now changes and stick on reboot.
Thermal changes apply as well.

For intelli plug, it sets but doesn't set on boot.
I/o scheduler doesn't set as well.

For frequency, it changes when applying settings but I don't think it applies on reboot.

Overall, it's getting better and better!

Thanks for the update.
Governor now changes and stick on reboot.
Thermal changes apply as well.

For intelli plug, it sets but doesn't set on boot.
I/o scheduler doesn't set as well.

For frequency, it changes when applying settings but I don't think it applies on reboot.

Overall, it's getting better and better!

Code:
if (prefs.getBoolean(Constants.PREF_PLUGS_ON_BOOT, false)) {
				String plug_active = prefs.getString(
						Constants.PREF_INTELLI_PLUG_ACTIVE, null);
				if (plug_active != null || plug_boost != null
						|| plug_profile != null || plug_hyst != null
						|| plug_thresh != null) {

ProcessorToolkit.setIntelliPlugActive(plug_active);
				}

If it sets in the app, it sets on boot so long as apply on boot is set. It's the same code

mliou

Dec 20, 2010
Vancouver
Code:
if (prefs.getBoolean(Constants.PREF_PLUGS_ON_BOOT, false)) {
				String plug_active = prefs.getString(
						Constants.PREF_INTELLI_PLUG_ACTIVE, null);
				if (plug_active != null || plug_boost != null
						|| plug_profile != null || plug_hyst != null
						|| plug_thresh != null) {

ProcessorToolkit.setIntelliPlugActive(plug_active);
				}

If it sets in the app, it sets on boot so long as apply on boot is set. It's the same code

I'll play around with it and see if there's any conflict.
Are you always on here? lol
Such dedication

I'll play around with it and see if there's any conflict.

Are you always on here? lol

Such dedication

I am not always on here by choice. I am trying to do a class project, but letting posts go tends to result in riots.

So it wasn't the code to set it. It was the on boot not calling it. Among other stuff, that will be fixed in the next update.

A lot of things not sticking isn't them not sticking. It's the spinners not setting the current value and defaulting back to selection 0. As soon as I finish adding the bonus character in my game, I'll verify and publish an update.

I would have loved to do more testing for 2.0 but it needed to get out lol.

Last edited:
Indeed, everything sticks.

I can however not change governor, it insists on staying on Interactive.. (on version 2.0.2) Very odd. :confused:
@friedrich420 may not have https://github.com/StarKissed/stark...mmit/268d9b9576d40a14f8313df252915be1e4d495c9 because that's what fixed it for me. The alternative if that is keeping something else from breaking would be to delay the governor setting on boot, but timing may get a little tricky. It depends on what he would like to do.

I did, however, find an annoying issue where you can't configure the governor features until applying. That is something that will be fixed rather soon.

Last edited:

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
@friedrich420 may not have https://github.com/StarKissed/stark...mmit/268d9b9576d40a14f8313df252915be1e4d495c9 because that's what fixed it for me. The alternative if that is keeping something else from breaking would be to delay the governor setting on boot, but timing may get a little tricky. It depends on what he would like to do.

I did, however, find an annoying issue where you can't configure the governor features until applying. That is something that will be fixed rather soon.

governors stick just fine here without that change in the init.rc
everything else sticks as well:good:
my problem is reaching the OC frequencies because of hardlimit..
I cant go higher than 2.65

YukiChan456

Jul 17, 2010
+1
But regardless awesome work with the app @twistedumbrella and now a perfect set with our Echoe Rom! :good:

In the hardlimit source, you need to change the defined max. That is the max you cannot exceed at runtime.

https://github.com/friedrich420/N4-.../master/include/linux/cpufreq_hardlimit.h#L24

Ironicly, it just so happends to be 2.65 :eek:

+1
But regardless awesome work with the app @twistedumbrella and now a perfect set with our Echoe Rom! :good:

"But regardless that your app adheres to our kernel's hardcoded frequency limits"?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please keep in mind this is offered as a free alternative to the paid kernel configuration apps. This application is not being developed for profit and should not be evaluated as a replacement for current paid alternatives.

Issues should be reported by clicking the "View Website" link in the "Developer" section of "Additional Information" and not through reviews.

Please allow 24 - 48 hours after an issue has been reported. The reviews should not be used as a method to coerce faster updates via 1-star ratings.

StarKissed is meant to provide easy access to the kernel options that many apps will empty your pockets to configure without the need for remembering which application went with which kernel or having to shell out a lot of money before you can get your device running properly.

The application is provided free, but all donations are appreciated. Donations fund development, allow this project to expand, and compensate the developer. If you would like to donate, please click the green dollar guy on the top right. Donations will unlock additional features, such as kernel backup / restore.

If a kernel developer asks for a logcat, they can be exported using the Catlog tab. If the kernel developer is looking for a last_kmsg, clicking the tab will save a copy to the sdcard under the folder StarKissed/logcat

This application contains configuration options, kernel settings, scripts, and various other common and rare modifications that have been designed for almost every Android device and ROM. While the available features are extensive, not every device and every ROM will ALWAYS work. There are available options to submit your device, kernel, and ROM profile to help extend these items to you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loungecat.starkissed
    https://goo.im/devs/playground/kernelapp
    Update just shipped. Should start hitting in an hour or two.

Fixed the scheduler not being set and everything now applies correctly on boot.
    I am trying to fix the dialogs before pushing an update. They severely detest fragments so that is fun.

It also seems the newest update to the GearVR plugin has broken my game so I have to put most of my focus there since it's my final project.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2979871

Edit: finally got dialogs working. Now I need to verify everything before I can finally push an update.

You may still see 4 CPUs and only be able to apply one, but it won't error. This can't delay a release much longer to avoid more governor and sticking reports that are waiting on this update. It will be pushed tonight regardless.
    [APP] SKU Kernel Remote [Configure ANY Kernel]

After numerous battles with piracy and coming to the realization that $2 was too expensive for the years of development being handed out by piracy sites, the app has gone free with the option to donate.

Now stealing the app will no longer promote developers that are unworthy of the title. It is true not all piracy is intentional, so now the user no longer has reason for concern.
    Hey mate, fantastic work on the app it's running like a charm and the settings are stickier than... I'll finish that there.

Could you explain all the functions under Thermal? I hate playing with things I don't understand.

And is there a way for me to globally edit the voltages on SKU for AEL?

The top of that page is hotplugging and the bottom is actual thermal. I was running low on space for tabs, so they are pretty close in terms of what they do, but they are two different parts in most other apps.

Hotplug profiles determine how the cores are handled, whether they are kept on more often or offline more often.
    Hysteresis and Threshold are usually good to leave default unless you are having issues. I am not entirely sure about how to explain the exact purpose of each, but it has to do with how the core responses are determined. On a nexus 5, the defaults are much the same with threshold at 722, but the values AEL has are based on the Note 3, which is much closer to a Note 4.

Touch boost is similar to the hardlimit version but in that it adds an extra speed boost when using touch, but for kernels with hardlimit, this is just something to get in the way.

Thermal is a lot more straight forward. Core temp is the temperature of a core, while frequency temp (i believe) is the temperature of the processor as a unit. Setting these values determines when it is too hot and you should be throttled or have cores turned offline to allow cooling off.

The poll time is how frequently the temps are verified. This is usually good to leave at default unless you are experiencing rapid heat changes (lower the value to attempt to respond faster) or barely use the device (raise the value to do less work)

On the Voltage page, scroll all the way to the bottom. "Batch Edit Voltages" is global editing. It seems after the switch to the tabs, it may not be kicking on properly, though. I will look into it.

Hi

in the Core Page I guess the CPUs are numbered down from 0 to 3?

Could you you add the the cpu number for easier identification?

Is it possible from a technical point of view to have your each cpu a different governor?

After all the discussions we had that only cpu 0 has the right setting I was thinking myself to play with different governors for each cpu (ok, mainly cpu 0 and the rest) for addressing a good balance for battery and performance.

My idea is to have for cpu 0 a performance governor and for the rest a more conservative one.

Just a theoretical thinking, so please don't “kill“ me for having a idea... ;)

Best regards

dingolino

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

They are not numbered because the application supports anywhere from 1 to X cores based on the internal device's core_number value, but then verifies them before printing to the screen. There is a slight issue where on initial load it is not removing the extra spinners for cores that can't be configured until you hit apply.

Depending on the kernel you are using, most only allow setting cpu0 and pass the values along to the rest. That means there is no place for a second (/third/fourth) governor to read and write values. If that place does not exist, the buttons do not appear.

The whole interface is dynamic. I know that apps like FauxClock have dynamic categories, but it was obvious from a lot of the discussions on the Note 4 that the content in the category itself was pre-packaged. This app is almost entirely dynamic. For the most part, what it presents you with is based on what your kernel had available.