Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Most stabe custom rom recommendation?

OP manyakimm

24th April 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi guys, I've been using miui 2.3.7 for a long time now and for general I'm happy with it. But at my college I've 801.x eap connection and it seems I can't connect to it with my current rom. So I think it's time for me to look new one.

I did some research already and the more I read, the more confused I am. It seems that many roms, especially the MIUI ones all have similar problems related to performance, wifi issues etc.

Anyway, I'm really confused by which one to try. I don't want to risk bricking my device or going through the trouble of testing each one and experiencing the problems or bugs, and then try the next one and so on. I was wondering if someone could kindly provide some suggestions as to which rom is the most stable and is decent in terms of speed/performance.

Also, by stable I mean that it has the least bugs OR that it has the minimum amount of critical bugs that could affect the phone's daily use.

Thanks in advance.
14th December 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyakimm

Hi guys, I've been using miui 2.3.7 for a long time now and for general I'm happy with it. But at my college I've 801.x eap connection and it seems I can't connect to it with my current rom. So I think it's time for me to look new one.

I did some research already and the more I read, the more confused I am. It seems that many roms, especially the MIUI ones all have similar problems related to performance, wifi issues etc.

Anyway, I'm really confused by which one to try. I don't want to risk bricking my device or going through the trouble of testing each one and experiencing the problems or bugs, and then try the next one and so on. I was wondering if someone could kindly provide some suggestions as to which rom is the most stable and is decent in terms of speed/performance.

Also, by stable I mean that it has the least bugs OR that it has the minimum amount of critical bugs that could affect the phone's daily use.

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion the Aurora ICS is very stable and fast.
Other than that you can try CM 10 by rqmok (it's android 4.1.2 not 4.2.2)
But before that you must be on Official Gingerbread ROM (.35 Kernel)
BTW i'm using CM11 by @Blefish and he has done an amazing job on it.
*These ROM's are for HUAWEI U8800 (NON Pro or -51)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread