1st December 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #1381  
Flag Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Thanks Meter: 98

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodSwinger

the "Insuffiecient storage" issue.

This may be a good solution/workaround to the aforementioned.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192122
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsbnz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1382  
Thanks Meter: 11

45 posts
[QUOTE=MoodSwinger;57175828]I've been trying to track down the fix to these issues myself, either thru this thread or others relating to the 3113, but so far nothing is really working.
First and foremost there's the "Insuffiecient storage" issue.
I've had this ROM installed on 2 devices for probably a few months now or so (using the last "stable" release), it's my sons devices and they basically use these for game and education apps and youtube video watching. And maybe the camera a bit. My main reason for installing a custom ROM for them is Apps to SD. Some of their apps like Skylanders and Averngers can be 2+GB when installed and used.

What I'm noticing tho that no thread on this seems to address is it seems like moving apps and moving to SD, or directly installing them to the SD leaves a "ghost" on the internal storage even after wiping caches. When the storage limit is shown on the "bar" (in grey) and "available storage" it might say and show <1GB, while it's "calculating" then once it's calculated, and it shows the storage per "topic" (Apps, Pictures, Misc,etc...) in colors on the bar and amounts underneath it'll show there's ALOT more like >2.5GB, which should be about right I have very little installed on the device. So it seems that once the app is "moved" it doesn't clear or free-up the memory on the device.
it gets like this and then even "stock" apps won't update and just creates a huge hassle.

Then the other issue that seems to be more specific to this rom, charging takes FOREVER. I've tried diff chargers to make sure that wasn't an issue but it did develop right after I chg'd them from stock. The stock rom charged like these devices should, this ROM takes an estimated 2-3X longer. Seriously it has to charge all night / all day if it's <10% to reach 90-100% even charged a friends with the same charger and in a few hrs it was full.
I installed clean, wiped all. Had the issues so I redid the whole thing again totally clean.

So I'm open to sugg's and / or thoughts. Even sugg another Rom if you think it would be better suited for the needs stated. My sons don't require alot so that's totally a viable solution if it works. I do appreciate all the work done on this one.
All helpful posts will be thanked.
Thanks
MoodSwinger[/Q

use foldermount to send huge internal data to ext sd without breaking access with apps using it
check if you had installed lucky patcher somehow cause insufficient storage error....go inapp menu/troubleshoot/fix storage error

clean flash solves battery problems...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rap0307 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1383  
Suburban "D"
Thanks Meter: 21

67 posts
More
Thanks, But....
@dsbnz & @rap0307 - thanks I've got folder mount installed and that doesn't seem to change things.
as for the Lucky Patcher thing I think I either tried that or that option isn't available in LP anymore or something, but i came across a thread that sugg'd that so I know I at least looked at / tried it.
also a clean install was sugg'd for battery issue, I've done that 2x, truthfully I never dirty flash unless it's a minor update / sugg'd by dev. What makes you think doing it a 3rd time will change things. Not trying to be argumentative, just asking.
Thanks, still taking sugg's and input.
2nd December 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #1384  
Thanks Meter: 11

45 posts
@MoodSwinger

why not do a 3rd try....
nways make a cleaner clean flash
wipe all .. so with your sd card
put zips( use 3100 for 3113)/gapps in a usb stick..insert..
mount in recovery and flash from there..
make a fresh install of apps/games..dont use TB to restore apps/data

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
Last edited by rap0307; 2nd December 2014 at 01:27 AM.
2nd December 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #1385  
Flag Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Thanks Meter: 98

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodSwinger

@dsbnz & @rap0307 - thanks I've got folder mount installed and that doesn't seem to change things.
as for the Lucky Patcher thing I think I either tried that or that option isn't available in LP anymore or something, but i came across a thread that sugg'd that so I know I at least looked at / tried it.
also a clean install was sugg'd for battery issue, I've done that 2x, truthfully I never dirty flash unless it's a minor update / sugg'd by dev. What makes you think doing it a 3rd time will change things. Not trying to be argumentative, just asking.
Thanks, still taking sugg's and input.

Have you set up the folder pairs in folder mount to point internal directories to sd directories? I use it on my sons p3110 and works great for saving space.
Last edited by dsbnz; 2nd December 2014 at 01:25 PM.
6th December 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #1386  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 8

30 posts
More
Bug
Excellent ROM.

Just a bug report:

I have added a second user. When I try to open the camera in the second user it force close with this message : "Unfortunately camera has closed".
The primary user is unaffected although.

In short: Primary user all ok - Second user camera FC.
The Following User Says Thank You to polemos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #1387  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,907

5,529 posts
More
@polemos can you please create a bugreport in slimcenter?

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #1388  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,907

5,529 posts
More
For those haveing problems on latest weeklies with Camera using Dhollmen or NEXT Kernel

Camera-Fix for Custom Kernel.zip - 178.48 KB

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #1389  
Flag beyond northern pole
Thanks Meter: 86

848 posts
More
Question EAS?
Hi guys,
is it possible to create EAS (exchange active sync) account with this room. If yes, can you give me some tips.
As far as I remember I tried this on older versions and somehow I can not manage to do it.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by karaern; 11th December 2014 at 12:06 AM.
14th December 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #1390  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 264

929 posts
More

TNX!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread