Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[RECOVERY LOCKED/ND3] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-26 B03]

OP Hashcode

Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!
10th December 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #341  
Thanks Meter: 23

141 posts
So is it still suggested to not use rom slots? I thought in the video the guy was telling us to make sure that we use them.

Any clarification is appreciated
10th December 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #342  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 3,845

6,394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_funktionz

So is it still suggested to not use rom slots? I thought in the video the guy was telling us to make sure that we use them.

Any clarification is appreciated

With latest Safestrap you can use Rom slot 1

"All we know is...He's called the Stig!"
Sent from my Sexy Bacon Rockin Liquid Smoke.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s5freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #343  

141 posts
Thanks for the help...

Sooo I think I almost got the hang of this...One last burning question.

I created a ROM slot using slot 1, wiped, and flashed my first ROM. Everything is working fine, however when I reboot or shut off when using this ROM in this slot, my phone fails to boot or reboot. Basically freezes.

Do I need to install Busybox and safestrap on ROM slot 1 just as I did for my Stock slot in order to successfully turn off or reboot?

I appreciate the input...
10th December 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #344  
Thanks Meter: 1,984

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_funktionz

Thanks for the help...

Sooo I think I almost got the hang of this...One last burning question.

I created a ROM slot using slot 1, wiped, and flashed my first ROM. Everything is working fine, however when I reboot or shut off when using this ROM in this slot, my phone fails to boot or reboot. Basically freezes.

Do I need to install Busybox and safestrap on ROM slot 1 just as I did for my Stock slot in order to successfully turn off or reboot?

I appreciate the input...

Make sure you are using the latest version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56707749
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th December 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #345  

141 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

Make sure you are using the latest version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56707749

It says im limited to 8 thanks per day, so thank you I will try this...Seems this is exactly what I need

So to install this I take it I just follow the directions on that page and re-install from my stock rom slot? I just want to confirm I dont need safestrap on both my ROM slots.

EDIT: All set... Got my question answered...Thanks again for all your help!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to droid_funktionz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #346  
Flag COCONUT CREEK, FL
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
More
SS app icon gone?
hi. first i feel a bit stupid, but i know i am not crazy. so i was going to update to NG3 and while i was preparing i ran into the updated new Safestrap. so i was reading how to update it and it sounded simple. when i wanted to go into the app and Uninstall Recovery (yes i have been in the app before and know that screen obviously since i had to go there to install it to begin with) and the app icon is nowhere to be found. not in the app drawer or even in application manager. Can boot into SS from power menu and splash comes up on regular boot and it is working. so i do not know how to proceed. i dont know what would happen if i just install the new SS and i would not until i get this checked out, i know better...LOL. this is so strange. so i got the new SS app on my sdcard and am ready to go. can you help me when u get a chance @s5freak? i would greatly appreciate it. wondering how this happened. ok, i am going to hold off on this project until i hear. i would like to have the new SS in and a new BU made before i proceed. Thanks.
14th December 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #347  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger

6,394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samccfl99

hi. first i feel a bit stupid, but i know i am not crazy. so i was going to update to NG3 and while i was preparing i ran into the updated new Safestrap. so i was reading how to update it and it sounded simple. when i wanted to go into the app and Uninstall Recovery (yes i have been in the app before and know that screen obviously since i had to go there to install it to begin with) and the app icon is nowhere to be found. not in the app drawer or even in application manager. Can boot into SS from power menu and splash comes up on regular boot and it is working. so i do not know how to proceed. i dont know what would happen if i just install the new SS and i would not until i get this checked out, i know better...LOL. this is so strange. so i got the new SS app on my sdcard and am ready to go. can you help me when u get a chance @s5freak? i would greatly appreciate it. wondering how this happened. ok, i am going to hold off on this project until i hear. i would like to have the new SS in and a new BU made before i proceed. Thanks.

Just install the new apk you'll be fine [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s5freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #348  
Flag COCONUT CREEK, FL
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
More
ok,
Quote:
Originally Posted by s5freak

Just install the new apk you'll be fine [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

thats what i thought, but better to ask than to be sorry. so when i install it, should i delete recovery and then create it again? just want to be sure. i dont think i can deal with a brick....LOL. THANKS.
Last edited by samccfl99; 14th December 2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: it worked. had to uninstall and install recovery a couple of times before it activated. thanks
14th December 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #349  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger

6,394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samccfl99

ok,

thats what i thought, but better to ask than to be sorry. so when i install it, should i delete recovery and then create it again? just want to be sure. i dont think i can deal with a brick....LOL. THANKS.

Uninstall then install the new apk. You're not going to brick it doing that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s5freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread