OP vgergo

7th October 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #91  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 45

199 posts
More
Notification logging
With version 2.04 Touchless Notifications gained a pretty useful feature under the hood: notification logging option for debugging problems

How it works:
1. Double click on the "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" preference item to start logging all raw data for notifications which get announced.
2. Wait for the problematic notification to arrive
3. Single click "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" to compose the email (it will not only contain the settings but the log too). After composing the email, logging is stopped and the log file erased from your device.

IMPORTANT NOTE: your notifications most probably contain sensitive private information, please always check the contents of the bug report email to make sure nothing is sent to me which shouldn't. On the other hand, I will handle all your bug reports with confidentiality, and delete them as soon as they are not needed anymore.

Note: You can stop and restart the logging by double clicking the "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" preference item. The log is erased however every time you click to send an email, even if you cancel or discard it.

I found it useful to create notification logs to look for blacklist phrases or pronunciation corrections. You can change the "to" address of the email to your own: backup your settings and analyze your notifications. Proper settings backup/restore is coming soon. Legend for the log:
TTL → title row of the notification
2ND → second line of the notification
TCK → ticker text (which rolls in the top bar for a short time)
EXP → expanded notification content
EX2 → EXP with repetitions removed (only messaging apps)
RAW → Text before pronunciation correction
SAY → The text which actually got spoken

If an app's notifications are not announced correctly, you can send me the log entry and suggested read-out, I will gladly add more rules
12th October 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 14

107 posts
how can I use tasker to turn off touchless notifications
I have the pro version of TouchWiz notifications. I really like the application. I use it in the car to get email read out.. I also use it when I'm at home. I use a tasker task to turn it on when i am in the car connected the bluetooth or at home connected to me home wifi. However, I would like to turn it off when I go to bed. Is there a way to do that with tasker? Or, i would like to say "turn off notifications" to turn it off even if i am connected to home wifi, and override the wifi connected task.
Thanks for the great app....
Dave
12th October 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #93  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrens

I have the pro version of TouchWiz notifications. I really like the application. I use it in the car to get email read out.. I also use it when I'm at home. I use a tasker task to turn it on when i am in the car connected the bluetooth or at home connected to me home wifi. However, I would like to turn it off when I go to bed. Is there a way to do that with tasker? Or, i would like to say "turn off notifications" to turn it off even if i am connected to home wifi, and override the wifi connected task.
Thanks for the great app....
Dave

This is what I have for my night profile:
Name:  tasker-car-off.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  21.3 KB
Name:  tasker-car-off-config.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  31.0 KB
The Following User Says Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 14

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgergo

This is what I have for my night profile:
Attachment 2969148
Attachment 2969149

Perfect! Thanks!
13th December 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 48

342 posts
When I receive a new Hangouts message, why does Touchless Notifications repeat the old and new notifications? It will even repeat old notifications when I receive a new notification from an entirely different person. Only way to stop this so far is to swipe the received hangout notification away.
14th December 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #96  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.G.

When I receive a new Hangouts message, why does Touchless Notifications repeat the old and new notifications? It will even repeat old notifications when I receive a new notification from an entirely different person. Only way to stop this so far is to swipe the received hangout notification away.

Make sure to include the Hangouts app in the "Messaging apps" list. There is a message filter implemented for these kinds of notifications.

It might still miss some: you can help me make the filter smarter if you send in a notification log from the app. Here is how:

1. Double click on the "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" preference item to start logging all raw data for notifications which get announced.
2. Keep it on until the next wrong announcement happens
3. Single click "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" to compose the email (it will not only contain the settings but the log too). After composing the email, logging is stopped and the log file erased from your device.

IMPORTANT NOTE: your notifications most probably contain sensitive private information, please always check the contents of the bug report email to make sure nothing is sent to me which shouldn't. The composed email is editable, you can XXX out or remove lines which are private. On the other hand, I will handle all your bug reports with confidentiality, and delete them as soon as they are not needed anymore.

Note: You can stop and restart the logging by double clicking the "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" preference item. The log is erased however every time you click to send an email, even if you cancel or discard it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread