Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Galaxy S2 GT I9100G flashing problem

OP mujeebulhasan

6th June 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #1  
mujeebulhasan's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 4
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
PLEASE PLESE HELP ME.
HI...
I m new at XDA.
I was installing custom rom on my Galaxy S2 GT I9100G.
I rooted it and checked root status by an app @Playstore IT SHOWS MY PHONE HAS BEEN ROOTED.
Then I copied omnirom and gapps on external sd card and tried to install them after formatting and wiping cache.
Its shows an error with status 7.
NOW MY PHONE HAS BEEN STUCK AT RECOVERY MOOD.

I TRIED TO FLASH VIA ODIN BUT .zip FILES ARE NOT RECOGNISED BY ODIN @pda.

PLEASE HELP ME ...
6th June 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujeebulhasan

PLEASE PLESE HELP ME.
HI...
I m new at XDA.
I was installing custom rom on my Galaxy S2 GT I9100G.
I rooted it and checked root status by an app @Playstore IT SHOWS MY PHONE HAS BEEN ROOTED.
Then I copied omnirom and gapps on external sd card and tried to install them after formatting and wiping cache.
Its shows an error with status 7.
NOW MY PHONE HAS BEEN STUCK AT RECOVERY MOOD.

I TRIED TO FLASH VIA ODIN BUT .zip FILES ARE NOT RECOGNISED BY ODIN @pda.

PLEASE HELP ME ...

odin uses .tar files not zip files, Try unzipping the .zip you got, be sure its for your device only.
6th June 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #3  
andreiav's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujeebulhasan

PLEASE PLESE HELP ME.
HI...
I m new at XDA.
I was installing custom rom on my Galaxy S2 GT I9100G.
I rooted it and checked root status by an app @Playstore IT SHOWS MY PHONE HAS BEEN ROOTED.
Then I copied omnirom and gapps on external sd card and tried to install them after formatting and wiping cache.
Its shows an error with status 7.
NOW MY PHONE HAS BEEN STUCK AT RECOVERY MOOD.

I TRIED TO FLASH VIA ODIN BUT .zip FILES ARE NOT RECOGNISED BY ODIN @pda.

PLEASE HELP ME ...

What recovery are you using? This is usually fixed by installing the latest recovery. I recommend TWRP 2.7.0.1

DO NOT flash any custom roms via ODIN. Odin is only for stock roms.

So, flash the latest TWRP for your phone via Odin and try to reflash the custom rom from TWRP.

And don't worry, as long as you can boot in recovery or at least download mode, you're fine

Edit: I searched a bit for a newer recovery for your model and all I could find was this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...l-v16-t2275275
Try following the instructions from there to get a newer recovery
Last edited by andreiav; 6th June 2014 at 09:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to andreiav For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #4  
mujeebulhasan's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 4
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
i m using CWM recovery v.5

from where i can download latest version of CWM recovery..
6th June 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #5  
mujeebulhasan's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 4
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
i tried it...
but unzipping doesn't convert the zip files into rar files instead it shows two folders..
6th June 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #6  
andreiav's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujeebulhasan

i m using CWM recovery v.5

from where i can download latest version of CWM recovery..

V5 is too old to work with the latest roms. Use the information from this link to flash a newer recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...l-v16-t2275275

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627841104 - CWM6
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627841105 - TWRP
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627841103 - Philz

Use the instructions in the first link.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujeebulhasan

i tried it...
but unzipping doesn't convert the zip files into rar files instead it shows two folders..

Do not attempt to flash custom roms with ODIN.
Odin is only for stock firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to andreiav For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #7  
ashoka1010's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
I have the same issue
Rooted my sgs2g then tried to install cynogenmode11 4.4 and Odin 4.4 with gapps. Then it showed status 7 for both rom and gapps. I hv tried flashing by using philz CWM 6
Please help

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Free mobile app
15th December 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #8  
Member
Flag KERALA
Thanks Meter: 0
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashoka1010

I have the same issue
Rooted my sgs2g then tried to install cynogenmode11 4.4 and Odin 4.4 with gapps. Then it showed status 7 for both rom and gapps. I hv tried flashing by using philz CWM 6
Please help

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Free mobile app

Try latest cwm 6.0.4.5 or later or twrp 2.8.0.0

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

installed cm 11 on my gt i9100g but it doesn't boot to rom
keeps restarting to recovery mode

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes