Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

will the mega 5.8 I9150 get the KITKAT update ?!

OP psycho0o

5th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
hey guys i saw the new updated samsung list :
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a

so the 5.8 version wont get the update ?
i wanna buy it but i'm afraid that samsung may stop support that phone
5th May 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #2  
Frezi Evan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
375 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
let’s see how to update Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 to Android 4.4 KitKat :

1. Install the ROM Manager on your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150. Get it from Google Play Store, then install the clockwork mod recovery.

2. Connect your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150_4.4 KitKat.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.

3. Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back-up your information.

4. From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Principal Menu and choose Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate the location you copied the ”Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150_4.4 KitKat.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 device, and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 4.4 KitKat.

Note: Here Is Link To Download the ROM =
The ROM File size is 128 MB, so I split the file into 3 parts :

ROM Part 1 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX959
ROM Part 2 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX962
ROM Part 3 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX965

To combine 3 parts files above into 1 file just use WINRAR, then extract the files into ZIP format.
If any problem with the ROM, maybe because the ROM have corrupted during the download process, you can try to re-download the ROM.

I hope it will help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frezi Evan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #3  
hopsin4444's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 407
 
668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho0o

hey guys i saw the new updated samsung list :
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a

so the 5.8 version wont get the update ?
i wanna buy it but i'm afraid that samsung may stop support that phone

Hey where did you get this list at can you post a link!?


Sent from my sgh-i527 with xda premium 4



HOPSIN-KAT KEYBOARDS IS NOW UP AND RUNNING CHECK EM OUT OVER AT THE CANDY SHOP!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52221912
6th May 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
phandroid.com/2014/02/06/samsung-kitkat-upgrade-plans/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
okay i will try when i buy it thank you )
The Following User Says Thank You to psycho0o For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #5  
Frezi Evan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
375 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho0o

phandroid.com/2014/02/06/samsung-kitkat-upgrade-plans/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
okay i will try when i buy it thank you )

I have also found it thanks
6th June 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Unhappy Not able to download...
I was not able to download any file even though I actually tried to complete the offers.
Isn't there any other way to get this rom?
19th August 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Samsung Mega 5.8
My dear friend, dont evern think of buying a Samsung device unless you can afford Note 4! Their service and updates are horrible! Why dont you just buy a Xiaomi and be happy?Its 4 times better than mage! BTW I do have a Mega, samsung has been saying from October 13 that the update is coming!
14th December 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Service Mega 5.8 = Core Plus ?
Hi,

it seems that the sames ROM can work for another phone, quite a surprise for me...

Here (kitkatjellybeanfranceb.blogspot.fr/2013/11/tutoriel-installer-44-kitkat-sur-le_2166.html) is an explanation to get KK on Samsung Galaxy Core Plus = SM-G350 .

They use the same 3 files than you (also under ...safe.org)

What do you think about these 2 phones ?

15th December 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #9  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 951
 
2,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.coudrais

Hi,

it seems that the sames ROM can work for another phone, quite a surprise for me...

Here (kitkatjellybeanfranceb.blogspot.fr/2013/11/tutoriel-installer-44-kitkat-sur-le_2166.html) is an explanation to get KK on Samsung Galaxy Core Plus = SM-G350 .

They use the same 3 files than you (also under ...safe.org)

What do you think about these 2 phones ?

That site and many other sites like this are scam. Just leave them alone, all they want you to do is complete the offers one after another and earn them money. There's no file offered for download at all.
5.8 users who want KitKat should look to CM11 (and maybe CM12), though whether that works on the single-SIM i9150 is a big question.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13 lacks Signature function - do not update]
15th December 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan

That site and many other sites like this are scam. Just leave them alone, all they want you to do is complete the offers one after another and earn them money. There's no file offered for download at all.
5.8 users who want KitKat should look to CM11 (and maybe CM12), though whether that works on the single-SIM i9150 is a big question.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13 lacks Signature function - do not update]

Hi

Thank you for answering.

Sure, they want to get money, but just like this post! [emoji4] they use... Safe. Org

So, I'm looking for g350 (Galaxy core plus) rom, that is unknown from CM and others kk ... [emoji20]

Still looking for...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes