Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Are we getting Android 5.0? Rumors, links, etc..

OP vonuzu

29th August 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

...what?

Either stop trolling or stop making such ridiculous posts like suing Samsung because you dont get a new update years after device was released. They are under no obligation to do so and we dont need them to update it anyway when we have much better devs like CM team and others.

Check #UR Inbox/PM
29th August 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #42  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 913
 
4,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKVNZR

Check #UR Inbox/PM

It's empty. ...why?
15th December 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #43  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

...what?

Either stop trolling or stop making such ridiculous posts like suing Samsung because you dont get a new update years after device was released. They are under no obligation to do so and we dont need them to update it anyway when we have much better devs like CM team and others.

YOU are the troll. And sheep.

Look at computer hardware. Aside from manufacturer customized hardware (typically in the laptops...), standard hardware gets generally gets driver support for 2 full OS versions (~4 years), sometimes more. Linux supports pretty much every 'device' and Windows will for the most part also run on just about anything.

With android, we don't get anything. We get shat on. Constantly. We don't get hardware warranties even! With all the manufacturer android customizations, we get slow updates, not enough updates, and short hardware life cycles. It's anti-consumer BS esp since these phones cost as much as laptops esp off contract.
This needs to stop. Devices should not be customized or locked down. Support should last the actual life of the device (most should last ~3 years unless they're being trashed so bad the flash starts going bad, dropped, etc...).
Additionally, Google needs to accept that Cloud storage blows and we need external sd cards in every device and the ability to back up without root. It is the only sane way to back up, especially with all the absurd carrier data restrictions.

Lastly, it's laughable that you call CM "good". With nearly all devices the performance is worse than stock ROMs, and there is a myriad of bugs in varying versions in CM, like the fact all CM builds has essentially been unusable for me since 3/3, and Puzzle and Dragons bug in libc.so still not fixed, users had to self-help (after waiting many many months for someone to pinpoint where the problem was) by ripping the file from old versions...

If these devices were cheap, I wouldn't have the energy to argue, but at $350-700 per device... they OWE us.
Last edited by Dalamar686; 15th December 2014 at 01:44 PM.
15th December 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #44  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 913
 
4,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar686

blah blah blah blah blah

TL;DR

If you cant upgrade your phones software without direct carrier/oem support you're on wrong site.
15th December 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #45  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

...what?

Either stop trolling or stop making such ridiculous posts like suing Samsung because you dont get a new update years after device was released. They are under no obligation to do so and we dont need them to update it anyway when we have much better devs like CM team and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

TL;DR

If you cant upgrade your phones software without direct carrier/oem support you're on wrong site.

Thanks for proving you're a troll.

Carriers should not have anything to do with anything, period. OEM support is better than CM support and should also be obligated to support their devices since CM can't be relied on.
I have used (and tried) a great deal of CM versions on my Note 2 and the bugs/battery life has been incredibly unimpressive. As much as I hate the stock roms, I'm currently stuck with one since CM takes their sweet time fixing the network bug and P&D bug. Hopefully Lollipop build will not have the network bug (and it's confirmed it lacks the P&D bug) since it's a majorly important update that should be pushed to every device still in service regardless of age.

Carry on enabling corporations though: America doesn't have enough corporate D in their business and government.
Last edited by Dalamar686; 15th December 2014 at 09:21 PM.
15th December 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #46  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 913
 
4,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar686

Thanks for proving you're a troll.

Carriers should not have anything to do with anything, period. OEM support is better than CM support and should also be obligated to support their devices since CM can't be relied on.
I have used (and tried) a great deal of CM versions on my Note 2 and the bugs/battery life has been incredibly unimpressive. As much as I hate the stock roms, I'm currently stuck with one since CM takes their sweet time fixing the network bug and P&D bug. Hopefully Lollipop build will not have the network bug (and it's confirmed it lacks the P&D bug) since it's a majorly important update that should be pushed to every device still in service regardless of age.

Carry on enabling corporations though: America doesn't have enough corporate D in their business and government.

I'm not a "troll", do you even know/understand what that means? Obviously not.

I used CM on my Note 2 for a long time and the only bug/annoyance I came across was when using Google Camera, but there was a workaround for that. Overall I was much happier with all the modded roms and AOSP based roms then I have ever been with any carrier/oem rom.

PS. I couldn't care less about America or it's business/government.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes