OP Mada22009

2nd July 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Here's Mobizen spoon fed to you.

Install this on your Windows PC (Mac users, you're on your own)...

https://www.mobizen.com/?locale=en

Install these on your tablet...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...upport.mvagent

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...perm.aa.second

Mobizen works over Wi-Fi or USB. USB's faster and works with the Samsung driver installed by Kies.

Follow the password set-up instructions and you'll get this...

Well thanks again for the application, very nice and very useful how ever it isn't what i am looking for....

I am looking to Use/share my PC's keyboard and mouse with the tablet, as in take the mouse from the computer screen and drag it to the tablet screen and use it there...

I edit different documents from different sources thus sharing the keyboard and mouse will help me do my work much faster and much more convenient instead of resorting to transefare the files from tablet to pc and vice verse.
2nd July 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 88

315 posts
More
Okay, just got an idea.

What if we edit build.prop and change ro.product.model for example to "SM-N9005", does the NP still work like it should even though model is faked to Note 3?

Just thinking if this tweak would make SideSync 3.0 PC program to think connected device is Note 3 instead of NP, and therefore mouse/keyboard sharing would work?
24th July 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I know what you mean. I need that function too!
28th July 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 23

249 posts
More
I know exactly what you are going for because I am too. Here is my post over in the Android App Dev thread.
Both ShareKM and Synergy have abandoned Android development according to their devs... Still looking for the holy grail.
Synergy allows me to connect and show the mouse and keyboard, but when I exit the connection phase, it quits.
I am wanting the Verizon Note Pro 12.2, so if this sharing of resources would work, it would be gravy on the top for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to emtownsend For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
Lightbulb
A great big "me too" here. I want/need to do the exact same thing. My requirements are a little more restrictive, however, as I want to be able to do this from a Linux laptop. I'll try any Windows-based solution though (maybe WINE will save the day).

Synergy would be perfect, but I've seen the same issue as previous posters. Control seems to transfer to the tablet, but there's no mouse or any response to key-presses. My SM-P900 (Wifi) is rooted.

I would gladly pay $50 for this functionality.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I found a solution that might work: Splashtop Extended Display HD

They actually have a streamer app for Ubuntu Linux which gets me unbearably close, yet still so far. The only problem is it will only mirror the main display. It won't extend it as promised. However, I tested it with Windows 7, and it works! My tablet is a "second monitor" for my PC!

For my third test, I'm going to try a Virtual Machine in seamless mode on my Linux machine. I'll let you know what I find.
The Following User Says Thank You to flamadiddle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #26  

249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle

A great big "me too" here. I want/need to do the exact same thing. My requirements are a little more restrictive, however, as I want to be able to do this from a Linux laptop. I'll try any Windows-based solution though (maybe WINE will save the day).

Synergy would be perfect, but I've seen the same issue as previous posters. Control seems to transfer to the tablet, but there's no mouse or any response to key-presses. My SM-P900 (Wifi) is rooted.

I would gladly pay $50 for this functionality.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I found a solution that might work: Splashtop Extended Display HD

They actually have a streamer app for Ubuntu Linux which gets me unbearably close, yet still so far. The only problem is it will only mirror the main display. It won't extend it as promised. However, I tested it with Windows 7, and it works! My tablet is a "second monitor" for my PC!

For my third test, I'm going to try a Virtual Machine in seamless mode on my Linux machine. I'll let you know what I find.

Awesome. I can't wait to see how it goes!
13th December 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #27  

249 posts
More
I just tried Splashtop Extended Display HD but with OSX Yosemite I can't get the virtual driver installed so the product does not work... Bummer. Synergy was the perfect product in theory, too bad they are gone.
There is another in the Playstore called iDisplay, and another called AirDisplay but I didn't feel very brave to try them.
16th December 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 13

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere

Okay, just got an idea.

What if we edit build.prop and change ro.product.model for example to "SM-N9005", does the NP still work like it should even though model is faked to Note 3?

Just thinking if this tweak would make SideSync 3.0 PC program to think connected device is Note 3 instead of NP, and therefore mouse/keyboard sharing would work?

Did you (or anyone else) try this? I'm looking to do the same to a Tab S, but I don't have it rooted yet (and am hesitant to do it until I know this works). I was also thinking of XPosed Per App Settings, if that would do it.
16th December 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 88

315 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by databoy2k

Did you (or anyone else) try this? I'm looking to do the same to a Tab S, but I don't have it rooted yet (and am hesitant to do it until I know this works). I was also thinking of XPosed Per App Settings, if that would do it.

Haven't tried this yet since didn't got need for this (and I totally forgot this whole thing)
16th December 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 13

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere

Haven't tried this yet since didn't got need for this (and I totally forgot this whole thing)

I've asked in a few places about whether it works with no response. Apparently nobody has tried... I'm not keen to root unnecessarily (promised my sysadmin) but it seems like such a good solution.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread