Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Hp 8 1401 root

OP kiwibro92

27th July 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Updated - still resets and even more issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguruuu

yea, i update it but now root is gone , i wanna root back pls help

I side loaded the update - no difference as far as resetting goes - every power down still gives a full reset. Now I can't go into recovery mode.

Now I know why I stopped buying HP products years ago - I hope someone comes up with a fix soon as this is a right pain in the rs.
28th July 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
U can go to recovery mode by pressing: on and volume up a long time. And when the hp sign comes up let go of the on button, but still pressing the volume up till u get recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Still no one to root it with ota 4.4.2 update on it ?, or did anyone try to placa any custom rom. Is this possible??????
2nd September 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
interested in rooting this device... what is the current status about factory resetting?
9th September 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
still resets
I have removed my root and it still resets every time - I hate this - it is a real pest- Can someone design a new rom or someway to overcome this fault.
HP must know and can't care.
24th October 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #15  
Avensac's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Any news on this?

GUYS WITH REBOOT PROBLEM, HAVE YOU TRIED RESTORING JB IMAGE? It is available for download on HP website for this tablet. Just go to HP website > Support > Download drivers > Under "Find my product" type "HP 8 1401 Tablet" > Select HP 8 1401 Tablet > Under "Select or confirm your operating system and click Next" select Android and press Next button > You'll now see "(+) Software - Solutions", click "+" and now select ethier US version or European,Asian.. Please try that and post if it works. Thanks.
Last edited by Avensac; 29th October 2014 at 05:17 PM.
15th December 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
So I was able to get the next generation up (1411) rooted with NO REBOOT ISSUE!!!! Try this method on the 1401

I downloaded PDAnet+ from play store and for the PC. It loaded a daemon on my tablet but was unable to root (took forever). Once done I downloaded KINGO Root and it successfully rooted my tablet in minutes. Root Checker verified SuperSU permissions granted all good to go. Hope this helps others.

YOU MUST INSTALL PDANET AND TRY ROOT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. IT SEEMS PDANET PREPS THE TABLET FOR KINGO TO SUCCESSFULLY ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!
15th December 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #17  
Avensac's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagemaster2000

So I was able to get the next generation up (1411) rooted with NO REBOOT ISSUE!!!! Try this method on the 1401

I downloaded PDAnet+ from play store and for the PC. It loaded a daemon on my tablet but was unable to root (took forever). Once done I downloaded KINGO Root and it successfully rooted my tablet in minutes. Root Checker verified SuperSU permissions granted all good to go. Hope this helps others.

YOU MUST INSTALL PDANET AND TRY ROOT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. IT SEEMS PDANET PREPS THE TABLET FOR KINGO TO SUCCESSFULLY ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!

This is suspicious as hell, I wouldn't recommend doing it!

Official description of PdaNet+:
"PdaNet+ shares the Internet access of your Android phone with your computer or tablet."

Downloading and installing that app for anything about rooting doesn't make any sense.. Be careful people.
16th December 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avensac

This is suspicious as hell, I wouldn't recommend doing it!

Official description of PdaNet+:
"PdaNet+ shares the Internet access of your Android phone with your computer or tablet."

Downloading and installing that app for anything about rooting doesn't make any sense.. Be careful people.

Wow I was expecting a thank you rather than being "suspicious'. I am actually a bit offended by this but ill be an adult and understand people's need to be cautious.

In all honesty I have no concrete idea why Pdanet needs to be installed and attempted first, by all means try kingo root first. I'm just letting others know my steps. I immediately Uninstalled Pdanet and the kingo daemon immediately after root. I can say that everything is functioning as intended and the root is true (freedom, game Guardian and lucky patcher all working)

I looked up how to root the allwinner version (33) and came across many people with the same allwinner but belonging to cheap no name tablets. All of them had issues with the other root methods and were able to root via the PDANET/KINGO combo. If you feel too much is at risk to even try this then please don't try it. I respect everyone's privacy and was just trying to share what worked for me. I can provide screenshot and video proof if need be.

Sorry to be so suspicious, I was just trying to help!

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagemaster2000

Wow I was expecting a thank you rather than being "suspicious'. I am actually a bit offended by this but ill be an adult and understand people's need to be cautious.

In all honesty I have no concrete idea why Pdanet needs to be installed and attempted first, by all means try kingo root first. I'm just letting others know my steps. I immediately Uninstalled Pdanet and the kingo daemon immediately after root. I can say that everything is functioning as intended and the root is true (freedom, game Guardian and lucky patcher all working)

I looked up how to root the allwinner version (33) and came across many people with the same allwinner but belonging to cheap no name tablets. All of them had issues with the other root methods and were able to root via the PDANET/KINGO combo. If you feel too much is at risk to even try this then please don't try it. I respect everyone's privacy and was just trying to share what worked for me. I can provide screenshot and video proof if need be.

Sorry to be so suspicious, I was just trying to help!

Now that I think about it Pdanet had me activate USB tether within the app (which ties all good with the official description of pdanet) in order for it to see my tablet despite the HP g2 drivers being installed. I guess whatever it installs or configures within the tablet and/or computer allows it to be "open enough" for a successful kingo root.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes