Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[IMP][ZU_GPe][How-To] Restore to original Google Play Edition firmware!

OP DooMLoRD

5th December 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #71  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
More
I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone. I have followed the steps to the letter but I get the "not recognized as a command" error in command prompt. Help!!!!
5th December 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #72  
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 5,192

18,707 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebralplaya74

I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone. I have followed the steps to the letter but I get the "not recognized as a command" error in command prompt. Help!!!!

Press and hold power and press and release volume up while you are in the "no command" screen. The recovery menu should come up

Sent from mALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
5th December 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #73  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

Press and hold power and press and release volume up while you are in the "no command" screen. The recovery menu should come up

Great. But I have the same error when I try to sideload. It says " cant load older version over new version". I cannot add GApps with the Stock Cyanogen recovery or via sideload. What can I do next to either go back to stock or load GApps via the stock recovery?
6th December 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #74  
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 5,192

18,707 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebralplaya74

Great. But I have the same error when I try to sideload. It says " cant load older version over new version". I cannot add GApps with the Stock Cyanogen recovery or via sideload. What can I do next to either go back to stock or load GApps via the stock recovery?

You cannot add gapps via stock recovery. It simply won't happen. The recovery with the "No command" is actual stock, not cm.

15th December 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #75  
Flag Federal Way,WA
Thanks Meter: 6

42 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm having trouble trying to restore to stock from a CandyKat Rom on 4.4.4. How should I go about this? I'm assuming I can't just use the 4.4.2 OTA zip and flash it over the 4.4.4 ROM can I?

EDIT: Yep, tried, and I get an error "cant install over newer build" so where can I get the 4.4.4 OTA?
Last edited by Nillanic; 15th December 2014 at 10:23 PM.
16th December 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #76  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,541

3,214 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillanic

I'm having trouble trying to restore to stock from a CandyKat Rom on 4.4.4. How should I go about this? I'm assuming I can't just use the 4.4.2 OTA zip and flash it over the 4.4.4 ROM can I?

EDIT: Yep, tried, and I get an error "cant install over newer build" so where can I get the 4.4.4 OTA?

You have to flash a modified 4.4.2 zip, and yes this can be over top of any ROM.

You can either download the modified zip from the stickie [guide] above or edit the one you have in notepad++ (in unix mode) and remove the first two line from the updater script
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #77  
Flag Federal Way,WA
Thanks Meter: 6

42 posts
Donate to Me
More
Already done! I JUST remembered that I could do that. Already on Lollipop, but I had to flash the OTA's, for some reason going to System Update and checking there gave me no results. Oh well, everything works now

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread