Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 187

482 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craige

Guyz,

According to the below link, the S-view functionality for third party is fixed by Samsung.
Can anybody confirm the same on Stock.

Link: http://www.androidauthority.com/note...at-fix-347216/

As it's written clearly that update is only rolled out for Poland and Russia, so we need to wait or else find user of these countries and ask them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
15th September 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #332  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Armor view phone call answer problem
Hi to everybody, sorry for my poor english (in Italy we are not so used in speaking and writing it).
This is my first post and I I'd like to thank anybody who contributes to the developing of this special android oasis! I hope to post in the right place.

I've got a galaxy note 3 sm-n 9500 actually not rooted, and recently a friend of mine from whashington, gave me an original spigen armor view. I like a lot this gift, (I like her too) but it doesn't really work properly. I've already understood that for the home button there in nothing to do, but I was wondering if I could do anything at least to answer the calls. The problem is more or less the same that had a guy (Sacky73), that 2 pages before posted a comment. When I recive a call the window's case shows just for a moment the caller and then all becomes black. I have to open the case screen (at list for a while) in order to answer (after that I can carry on the concersation with the case closed)
Any help to fix it, please?
Thanks in advance

Alessandro
15th September 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #333  
Thanks Meter: 1,306

2,283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chighemezu

Hi to everybody, sorry for my poor english (in Italy we are not so used in speaking and writing it).
This is my first post and I I'd like to thank anybody who contributes to the developing of this special android oasis! I hope to post in the right place.

I've got a galaxy note 3 sm-n 9500 actually not rooted, and recently a friend of mine from whashington, gave me an original spigen armor view. I like a lot this gift, (I like her too) but it doesn't really work properly. I've already understood that for the home button there in nothing to do, but I was wondering if I could do anything at least to answer the calls. The problem is more or less the same that had a guy (Sacky73), that 2 pages before posted a comment. When I recive a call the window's case shows just for a moment the caller and then all becomes black. I have to open the case screen (at list for a while) in order to answer (after that I can carry on the concersation with the case closed)
Any help to fix it, please?
Thanks in advance

Alessandro

You could try updating the ROM you are on, to a newer version. I think that was fixed in newer samsung firmwares.
15th September 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #334  

4 posts
More
spigen armor view not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussels84

You could try updating the ROM you are on, to a newer version. I think that was fixed in newer samsung firmwares.

Wow, really quick answer. That could be a solution I didn't take into consideration, but also a big step. I think I should do an hard reset after getting the new firmware, loosing everything, isn't it? ...4.4.4 is worthy of the pain? I'm asking, this is not sarcasm!

Thanks again!
17th September 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #335  

4 posts
More
Armor view by spigen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussels84

I did as you recommended me to do. There was a little update to download that I didn't see and everything seems to work perfectly. Kitkat version is always the same as before. I suppose that in the future I'll be able to root the device too with towelroot...at least I hope!
Thanks a lot
22nd September 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #336  
Thanks Meter: 22

260 posts
reconfigure S-View after reboot
I've been using this xposed module but seems like I have to reconfigure my s-view after every reboot?
7th November 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #337  

1 posts
Thumbs up
I test this. It is OK.
15th December 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #338  
Flag BraveFort
Thanks Meter: 467

870 posts
Donate to Me
More
doesnt work on note 4
15th December 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #339  

4 posts
More
At the end the cover didn't work anymore, also after the update. I bought an original sview cover by samsung and replaced the armor view chip. It's almost 3 monthes that is working perfectly. If I had known before, I wouldn't update the phone, since now is too much difficult to root it with towelroot.
16th December 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #340  
Figured this should be posted here, since it was based on the information provided by this mod and reads from an authentic cover:

https://github.com/StarKissed/starki...c2afea31b61fda

Now instead of searching for kernels that include it, any kernel can be easily patched with the modification.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread