Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: How do you like all the features?
Too Much / too bloated 20 21.74%
Not enough / needs more 23 25.00%
Just the right balance 49 53.26%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][NAE/NG2][TW 4.4] [TEAM ACHERON] SuperS4 [ODEXED] UPDATED 9-14-14

OP g_ding84

25th November 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #1741  
MIAMI
Thanks Meter: 92

461 posts
More
Thumbs up Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_ding84

sounds good

Here's my whole dilemma with my phone... It stop working a few months ago and i send it to get it repaired to samsumg. I notice is has some type of problem with the connection as it will drop data... unless i put it on airplane mode and then turn it off. Right away the data will kick in, I had it working like that for a while even with different ROMS and PRL. Today i did not flash the modem like i said yesterday. It just started working after a few power off and on. So far data has not drop from LTE to 3G and this is in miami where i know the signal sometimes suck in some areas. Not sure what i did but so far is working good so far.. If i start getting problems i guess ill flash again the NG2 modem again. Everything else is working fine... Up for an Upgrade so i just waiting for XMAs to jump on the Note 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-25-08-04-51.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	3033649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-25-07-54-34.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	3033650  
The Following User Says Thank You to redline57 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #1742  
Thanks Meter: 104

101 posts
I've downloaded twice, checks good. Using TWRP not KT TWRP and each time it's hung on boot screen.
It's a new refurbished S4 on newest update and confirmed on NG2. I've done all the tricks wipe, fix permissions, wipe and clean install again. I've done four clean installs with both downloads and even tried clean and dirty flash back to back, still can't get past boot screen.
Guess it matters if your using KT TWRP or not... Its the only difference between what I'm doing and what the OP says to do.
Thx
26th November 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #1743  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 8,107

5,287 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtruck87

I've downloaded twice, checks good. Using TWRP not KT TWRP and each time it's hung on boot screen.
It's a new refurbished S4 on newest update and confirmed on NG2. I've done all the tricks wipe, fix permissions, wipe and clean install again. I've done four clean installs with both downloads and even tried clean and dirty flash back to back, still can't get past boot screen.
Guess it matters if your using KT TWRP or not... Its the only difference between what I'm doing and what the OP says to do.
Thx

if you could pull the cache/recovery folder and check the last log.....it will show the errors. you will see arguments in the install script. should only be 3 total.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417024024099.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	3035284  
The Following User Says Thank You to g_ding84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #1744  
Thanks Meter: 104

101 posts
I installed newest version of TWRP. Followed OP and it booted fine... I messed up my lte settings so no data or calls... Other than that it's running fine

Thx...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
4th December 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #1745  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
I installed the NG2 modem and made sure it displayed the right baseband. Flashed SuperS4 strictly according to directions and it would only hang and the "Android" boot screen. So I've flashed back to NAE, then took the OTA to update to NG2, completely stock. I will try flashing SuperS4 again. But I guess I need to re-root and install KT TWRP first.

**UPDATE**
I flashed back to stock NAE, then took the OTA to NG2. Rooted with the Towelroot method by switching Kernels. Then followed directions in the OP and it worked!
Last edited by fireslayer26; 4th December 2014 at 06:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fireslayer26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1746  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
Ok, well I thought it was working. Well, it is working but I am having a weird issue. My wifi works great. At my house, the phone connects to my Sprint Airave fine and shows a 3G connection on the notification bar. But when I was out and about today, it would not give me a data connection. I had full cell signal but no data. Checked settings, it showed the NG2 baseband, but I flashed the NG2 modem again from the OP just in case, but still same issue. Also, I was going to try and update the PRL, but when try to open "Update System", Settings crashes. Any ideas??
Last edited by fireslayer26; 5th December 2014 at 12:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fireslayer26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #1747  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
"System Update" force closes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireslayer26

Ok, well I thought it was working. Well, it is working but I am having a weird issue. My wifi works great. At my house, the phone connects to my Sprint Airave fine and shows a 3G connection on the notification bar. But when I was out and about today, it would not give me a data connection. I had full cell signal but no data. Checked settings, it showed the NG2 baseband, but I flashed the NG2 modem again from the OP just in case, but still same issue. Also, I was going to try and update the PRL, but when try to open "Update System", Settings crashes. Any ideas??

Hmm... I'm having the same problem going to "Settings" -> "System Update". It crashes on me every time with "Unfortunately settings has stopped.

This is with the 2.1 deodex version. On my other Galaxy S4 that's still running the 2.0 odex version, that works fine. I guess I could try just putting that older version on (it's my wife's phone and I hate to go through that all again just for that one little bug which probably won't ever affect her, but still... )

It'd be nice to get it fixed... when I installed it, I was moving from Negalite on her phone to this, so I did a full wipe (a couple times in fact). After discovering this problem, I wiped cache/dalvik cache several times, deleted the data from "Settings" entirely, etc. etc. but nothing works.

Mostly I just wanted to update the PRL, but I think it's already the latest anyway so I'm not too worried. And somewhere I still have the instructions on manually updating the PRL from a file, if it comes to that.

Any help or tips would be great.
16th December 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #1748  
Flag Albany, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 298

945 posts
Donate to Me
More
Irritating
I am dying to flash this rom. However, after searching countless posts about why I can't get my damned phone to flash the odin tarball for the ng2 modem I can not find anything. It is a regular not a tri-band meaning no T after the 720. Every time I try ODIN with the NG2 modem it just fails. I have tried it in the PDA and PHONE slots as suggested. I have also followed the user directions on the OP for flashing it with the other rom. I know you need to be on a dif rom to flash the modem just wont flash for me and I dont understand why. That big fat red FAIL, just sucks. Any help is appreciated!
Last edited by jhr5474; 16th December 2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: OH wow, I just restored my stock rooted backup and it is a 720T, I just solved my issue, hopefully!
16th December 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #1749  
Flag Albany, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 298

945 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr5474

I am dying to flash this rom. However, after searching countless posts about why I can't get my damned phone to flash the odin tarball for the ng2 modem I can not find anything. It is a regular not a tri-band meaning no T after the 720. Every time I try ODIN with the NG2 modem it just fails. I have tried it in the PDA and PHONE slots as suggested. I have also followed the user directions on the OP for flashing it with the other rom. I know you need to be on a dif rom to flash the modem just wont flash for me and I dont understand why. That big fat red FAIL, just sucks. Any help is appreciated!

Ok, so after getting ahold of the 720T modem I still dont get wifi or 4g any ideas guys?
16th December 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #1750  
Flag Loudonville
Thanks Meter: 368

525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr5474

Ok, so after getting ahold of the 720T modem I still dont get wifi or 4g any ideas guys?

Sounds like a kernel issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teknician For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2 rom, kats are tasty, team acheron!!!, touch jizz
Previous Thread Next Thread