Thanks Meter: 29

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzak34

It's not su, it's sudo.

That's not the same.

Tapatalké depuis mon OnePlus One MIUI !

So what is the SUDO password then? If I type su in terminal i have to type password, and when i type ubuntu and press enter after a while i can see text authentication failed. If I type in sudo whatever task i want i also asks for password. I want to add that i can log in with ubuntu password.

Edit: all I want to do is to delete conky from autostart, and i have found on internet that i should open it with gksu command, and Lubumtu is asking me for administrative password.
Last edited by adamczyk777; 26th November 2014 at 06:53 PM.
26th November 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #392  
Flag South
Thanks Meter: 1,280

2,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamczyk777

So what is the SUDO password then? If I type su in terminal i have to type password, and when i type ubuntu and press enter after a while i can see text authentication failed. If I type in sudo whatever task i want i also asks for password. I want to add that i can log in with ubuntu password.

Edit: all I want to do is to delete conky from autostart, and i have found on internet that i should open it with gksu command, and Lubumtu is asking me for administrative password.

Password is ubuntu, but command must start by sudo, not su.

What command are you typing exactly ?
15th December 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #393  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 66

356 posts
More
ehm ahahah welcome again on Kubuntu 14.04 by jrohwer I've seen a problem time ago and then now... the touch has problem with input (after a while, the tap doesn't mean for the os the left click but only a motion of the cursor, if you mean me :P)... how can i fix it or make a workaround? Thanks
15th December 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #394  
Flag South

2,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prendomiao

ehm ahahah welcome again on Kubuntu 14.04 by jrohwer I've seen a problem time ago and then now... the touch has problem with input (after a while, the tap doesn't mean for the os the left click but only a motion of the cursor, if you mean me :P)... how can i fix it or make a workaround? Thanks

It's a known bug, and no, no solution. At least I didnt find one. And that's a really annoying issue. Present on all version I tested. Related to drivers I think.

It's the only thing that makes me to not use my tab as a tab with ubuntu. Issue is less present with touchpad or mice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzak34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #395  
Thanks Meter: 266

404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzak34

It's a known bug, and no, no solution. At least I didnt find one. And that's a really annoying issue. Present on all version I tested. Related to drivers I think.

It's the only thing that makes me to not use my tab as a tab with ubuntu. Issue is less present with touchpad or mice.

I've seen this as well but only when using touchegg. So the alternative is to live with this (and when the bug happens logout and login again i.e. restart X) and have multi-touch, or don't use touchegg and live without multitouch. I've found the touch screen on ubuntu to be to unreliable to be able to really use it. It is extremely sensitive and hard to pinpoint the exact position on screen that you need. I always use it with an external mouse (usb or bluetooth). But this is no problem for me as I really only use it as a travelling laptop (and then it's great, 12h + battery life, and with an external mouse it's perfect for me).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrohwer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #396  
Flag Rome

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohwer

I've seen this as well but only when using touchegg. So the alternative is to live with this (and when the bug happens logout and login again i.e. restart X) and have multi-touch, or don't use touchegg and live without multitouch. I've found the touch screen on ubuntu to be to unreliable to be able to really use it. It is extremely sensitive and hard to pinpoint the exact position on screen that you need. I always use it with an external mouse (usb or bluetooth). But this is no problem for me as I really only use it as a travelling laptop (and then it's great, 12h + battery life, and with an external mouse it's perfect for me).

I've tried Lubuntu 12.04 by DjDill and there isn't problem with touch (it seems), but with your Kubuntu 14.04 after seconds or 1-2 minutes touch has this bug...
what do you advice me: [there isn't criticism, I LOVE YOUR WORK, only a piece of advice]
-jrohwer build without real touch (but very nice) and desktop environment with some bug BUT nvidia gl render working (I prefer it, but it has graphic artefacts)
or
-djdill with everything working BUT no nvidia gl render
? Thanks in advance
15th December 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #397  
Flag South

2,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prendomiao

I've tried Lubuntu 12.04 by DjDill and there isn't problem with touch (it seems), but with your Kubuntu 14.04 after seconds or 1-2 minutes touch has this bug...
what do you advice me: [there isn't criticism, I LOVE YOUR WORK, only a piece of advice]
-jrohwer build without real touch (but very nice) and desktop environment with some bug BUT nvidia gl render working (I prefer it, but it has graphic artefacts)
or
-djdill with everything working BUT no nvidia gl render
? Thanks in advance

Try to play a bit more with 12.04, I had the problem with it, as soon as you try to click on different status bar items ( Clock, battery, keyboard etc ) or use firefox as touch. It begins with this for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzak34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #398  
Flag Rome

356 posts
More
I'll try and I'll say you (if lag wants :P)
16th December 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #399  
Flag Rome

356 posts
More
Hi I'm trying Lubuntu 12.04 by DjDill and I'm using kernel 3.1.10-15... I'm trying to sett cpu frequency but also with su enabled I can't... terminal says that it's an invalid policy (or that governor can't set it)...
Commands:
"cpufreq-set -d 608MHz" and "cpufreq-u 1.50 GHz"
what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread