Stock Backups + OTA's

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I like to go back to the Stock img to receive OTA. Carrier is Sprint and it is the HTC M8 H/K edition. I cant find a pleasant/suitable Backup for my Phone (Details bellow). No Sunshine installed and not planing on doing that, this device will not receive any more custom roms. Help is appreciated. ;)

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.18.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: (shown blank)
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA***********
(bootloader) imei: 9900************
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 9900***********
(bootloader) product: m8_whl
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B70000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_004
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: d4c3cae5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
Why not just RUU?

Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer

jmf1086

Jan 4, 2015
help

l did everything correct put the files in twrp backup it did its thing said success i cleared chache and went to install ota and kept booting into twrp i flash some recovery img but they dont work i keep going into the bootloader im using 1.54.654.13 and when i hit hboot it looks for an op file please hrlp thanx

gagandhiman

Jan 8, 2015
sprint htc one m8 harman kardon edition

I'm not a robot

I had followed the steps for s-off

in cmd I wrote fastboot oem lock

after that I got my phone stucked on boot screen

then I again followed the tutorial (how to open sim lock htc one m8)

after bootloader unlocked . I got my phone restart having network of reliance gsm..

but on screen (handfree activation ) displays with an emergency button ...

and s**ks there only.. not going to desktop..

I can receive call only..

please help me out

do guide me ..its request....please

pjdj

Oct 6, 2008
huh?

Does anyone know what happened? The nandroid links don't seem to work anymore. They point to empty gDrive folders.

robbithobbit16

Nov 5, 2014
We need the links to be reposted. my HTC one m8 says Software Status:Modified; unlocked; it is s-off; hboot-3.19.0.0000;radio-1.08.20.0916

cuteomar

Jun 5, 2011
Ikoyi

htc-one-m8-amber-gold-2.jpg

Hey Guys, thought I'd share some stock TWRP backups of our available roms. They only include backups of the boot.img (kernel) and /system partition, and are safe to flash on any Sprint HTC One M8. Stock Backups made using @Captain_Throwback's modded TWRP. (2.7.1.0 if it matters...)

Download/Install Instructions:

Stock "Nandroid" Backup Downloads:

Here are the OTA files, incase anybody would like to manually download and flash or pick at...

As a little bonus, here is the stock recovery for peeps who wan't to take an OTA, AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. (S-OFF Prior To Taking An OTA Recommended...)

W.I.P. WILL BE UPDATING OP PERIODICALLY. IN THE MEAN TIME, I HAVE PERSONALLY TESTED ALL THE DOWNLOADS I AM POSTING/SHARING, AND CAN CONFIRM THEY DO WORK, IN THE CASE YOU SHOULD HAVE AN ISSUE, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. I AM HERE TO HELP. BE BACK LATER TO UPDATE OP...

The stock recovery link is not eorking guys any help?
Stock Recovery From 1.54.651.8 OTA

epedrosa

Sep 9, 2010
Toa Alta
I'm on GPE ROM from Digitalhigh. I'm on 4.4.4 firmware and want to install the RUU for HK 5.0.1. Do I need to flash the stock recovery in order to use the RUU?

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
Im s-on, unlocked, with twrp, and on Cyanidel lp ROM. Do I need to do anything besides relock bootloader( fastboot oem lock) before running the LP HK RUU?

jeremyhilton

Jun 17, 2010
Ferndale, WA
Samsung Galaxy S21
Can anyone reup the 1.54.651.8 Nandroid please?

The current file is no longer found and I need to go back to stock to do the OTA update. I realize Rydah is no longer with Sprint but I'm hoping someone may have the file saved...

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy

Last edited:

brettmurf

Mar 2, 2015

For those of us who upgraded to Lollipop without S-off, a Stock 4.4.4 might actually let us S-off.

Unfortunately, we only have the RUU.exe for 4.4.4 on the forums or anywhere I can find for download. The RUU for 4.4.4 or anything lower won't work for any of us who haven't previously S-off'ed a device. A rom.zip would be pretty nice to have, because these executables will never work for the people who need them.

So this thread should either be Deleted, or rehosted. This is where any google search will bring you, and also where the forums bring you to, and it is a wasteland of no longer useful information.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
For those of us who upgraded to Lollipop without S-off, a Stock 4.4.4 might actually let us S-off.

Unfortunately, we only have the RUU.exe for 4.4.4 on the forums or anywhere I can find for download. The RUU for 4.4.4 or anything lower won't work for any of us who haven't previously S-off'ed a device. A rom.zip would be pretty nice to have, because these executables will never work for the people who need them.

So this thread should either be Deleted, or rehosted. This is where any google search will bring you, and also where the forums bring you to, and it is a wasteland of no longer useful information.
So you want a rom.zip for which 4.4.4 software version? I can make one, but if your device is one of the "SunShine won't work on this device" phones, it won't matter what you have installed. SunShine 3.0 with Lollipop compatibility is right around the corner - any reason you can't wait a week or so until it's released?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

htc-one-m8-amber-gold-2.jpg

Hey Guys, thought I'd share some stock TWRP backups of our available roms. They only include backups of the boot.img (kernel) and /system partition, and are safe to flash on any Sprint HTC One M8. Stock Backups made using @Captain_Throwback's modded TWRP. (2.7.1.0 if it matters...)

Download/Install Instructions:

• For now, download the files one by one, I will most likely upload them zipped up so that you can download them in one file, and only have to unzip.
    • To restore the backup, make sure you have downloaded the entire backup. Place all parts on your SD Card (Internal or External, whatever you use for TWRP) inside the TWRP backups folder. (Example, /sdcard2/TWRP/BACKUPS/YOURSERIAL#//1.12.651.17/FILESGOHERE) Once you got the backup files in place, reboot into recovery, select restore and pick the backup you just downloaded... Make sure to wipe cache/dalvik cache before rebooting.
    Stock "Nandroid" Backup Downloads:

1.12.651.17 (Will Upload A Complete Zip Soon. In The Mean Time, Download The 6 Parts Separately...)
    1.54.651.8 (Download The Zip File Inside To Download All 6 Parts At Once.)

Harman/Kardon Edition:
    1.54.654.9 (Contains Data Backup of /Data/Preload. Will Wipe Your User Data. Do Not Restore Data Partition If You Don't Want To Lose Your Data.) (Thanks @Captain_Throwback)
    ******************************************************************************************
    /data/preload (Pt. 1)
    /data/preload (Pt. 2)
    (Compatible with any of the backups above, restore this after restoring a system backup from above... WARNING, THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA PARTITION!!!) (DOWNLOAD COMING SOON, WILL PROBABLY MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP INSTEAD, SO USERS DON'T FLAME ME BECAUSE THEY LOST THEIR DATA AFTER I TOLD THEM THEY WOULD IF THEY RESTORED THIS DATA BACKUP.)

Here are the OTA files, incase anybody would like to manually download and flash or pick at...

As a little bonus, here is the stock recovery for peeps who wan't to take an OTA, AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. (S-OFF Prior To Taking An OTA Recommended...)

Stock Recovery From 1.54.651.8 OTA
    Read Below For Instructions...

There are two options.
    • First, manually flashing the recovery.img in fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) or using an app like flashify.
    • Second option is in bootloader, using the 0P6BIMG.zip, placing it on the root of your ext-sd card. Both options are available to download in the link above.

W.I.P. WILL BE UPDATING OP PERIODICALLY. IN THE MEAN TIME, I HAVE PERSONALLY TESTED ALL THE DOWNLOADS I AM POSTING/SHARING, AND CAN CONFIRM THEY DO WORK, IN THE CASE YOU SHOULD HAVE AN ISSUE, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. I AM HERE TO HELP. BE BACK LATER TO UPDATE OP...

Harman Kardon stock backups all uploaded.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
    Each time I did that the phone would just reboot. It would never show me what failed. I almost wonder if somehow my recovery got screwed up. I decided to go ahead and run the stock 1.54.651.10 RUU and restore the phone to "stock". I will certainly make a backup this time for future OTA's. Assuming this works I hope to get the OTA and update properly then reroot the phone. Least I took the time to do S Off.

I should add. I never went through with the deleting of preinstalled crap. I just disabled it. I would hope that wouldn't mess it up. I can't say I ever went through deleting anything from system. I thought about it, but figured the phone has 32GB of space on it and I certainly wasn't hurting for storage.

Edit: Of course, I hadn't realized who you were until I clicked on your baseband link under your HTC One M8 phone. I've seen your stuff before. If all else fails. Would I be able to do the latest OTA update using your files? Are they the stock Sense 6 software? That's the only reason why I want the OTA is to remain up to day with the stock stuff. If these OTA's keep failing I am more than willing to do it manually if I can get them from somewhere. I just don't want custom stuff.
    I have a clean stock rooted you can flash here. You should even be able to take future OTAs with no issue (provided you install stock recovery first, of course).

EDIT: You will need to update your firmware before updating to the new base, though. There's a link to it in my ROM thread OP.
    Re-Uploaded 1.54.651.8 Parts and Compete Zip. Removed some extra files I had leftover.
    Is that the 1.12.651.17 version???? Because I'm having the same problem you had.

Yeah you're getting the error from 1.54.654.8.

Restore from 1.12.651.17 and go through the two updates and you'll be good :)