Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE]Unlock Bootloader - Moto E [UPDATED]

OP Falcon G

7th December 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #161  
Thanks Meter: 13

57 posts
Problem with not having the ability to unlock the bootloader is we have no other way to obtain root at this point in time. I really need root in order to run several apps that I bought this phone for.
Hopefully there will be some way to get root, but since Hashcode has moved on to project Project Ara, we may not get a recovery for this device even if root is obtained.
9th December 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #162  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Worked!
Guide works flawlessly. Thank you.

I also faced that problem with ''not eligible to root'' and when I finally got past it somehow there was another error showing up after hitting the ''request unlock code''. I used 3 browsers (FF, Chrome and Opera) and 2 different OS (Win 8.1 and Ubuntu) with the same result, and this is not a problem with cookies being blocked or leftover open spaces in code, I tried everything possible. Finally, changed my registration moto ID to Hotmail instead of Gmail and hit success. This took a whole day and ironically enough rest of the process took only 20 Min.

Thank you very much for the efforts.
12th December 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #163  
Flag Agra
Thanks Meter: 7

67 posts
Need stock recovery... Help me

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app
12th December 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #164  

13 posts
Help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon G

Added a Few More Steps to the thread Hope Now its easier to read and more helpful than before

i have a moto e variant its xt830c and i cant find a root method for it is there is not any i looked for away to remount the sys a read and write and i have any luck so for. its a CDMA model and it takes a sd card. i have tried to put the su binary tried to push it but with no success . and i have tried kingo root (dont care about my imei or my meid) that did not work. is there anyway to root it or tether root it. like a tether jailbreak on a ipod.

21.12.40.condor_tracfone.trac_cdma.en.US tracfone

3.4.42.-g6bc7ff3

hudsoncm@ilclbld27 #1 tue jun 24 20:39:20 CDT 2014

build number KXC 21.5-40
16th December 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #165  

1 posts
I dont think we can unlock the moto e on straight talk or tracphone. I've tried every way i could to unlock the bootloader and even called Motorola support and they said this phone wasn't available for unlocked bpotloader
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread