Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[SOFTWARE GUIDE]***Odin Back To Stock***[Root NI2] Retail Verizon S5 Firmware Files

OP Misterxtc

16th December 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #321  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio... Southeast Oklahoma originally
Thanks Meter: 2,778

4,037 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Also if it's Alliance ROM you are trying to run you will need to flash the NE9 firmware after you are rooted and have safestrap installed. Make sure you have the correct firmware for whatever ROM you choose. If you want to go to a NI2 ROM all you need to do is flash the NI2 firmware only file. Most of the ROMs have a link to the corresponding firmware and good instructions on what you need yo do.

Thank you very much fellas. He's gone and never replied. Lol. Guess he figured it out. I hope.
I love it when someone asks for your help then when you actually start helping them, they just ignore the shizz out of you. Lmao
16th December 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #322  
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
I purchased this phone Saturday and rooted it that evening using the instructions found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...volte-t2879348

There's a problem with the battery and i need to unroot it (so Verizon will take it back). I'm confused as to which tar I should use as there are several listed - I want to go to standard Verizon retail OS.

Many thanks in advance.
16th December 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #323  
Thanks Meter: 90

176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejg

I purchased this phone Saturday and rooted it that evening using the instructions found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...volte-t2879348

There's a problem with the battery and i need to unroot it (so Verizon will take it back). I'm confused as to which tar I should use as there are several listed - I want to go to standard Verizon retail OS.

Many thanks in advance.

You can use this one https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712473760 after its done you can manually wipe the data in the phone settings since you're giving it back to verizon.
16th December 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #324  

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagerun

You can use this one https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712473760 after its done you can manually wipe the data in the phone settings since you're giving it back to verizon.

Thanks for the speedy reply - downloading it now.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagerun

Ok, the phone is unrooted. However, when it boots up, the splash screen still says "Custom" and the Verizon folks will see that. How can i get the stock splash screen?
16th December 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #325  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,339

1,382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejg

Ok, the phone is unrooted. However, when it boots up, the splash screen still says "Custom" and the Verizon folks will see that. How can i get the stock splash screen?

Do a factory data reset from the settings menu too. The custom splash will go away after a reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #326  

54 posts
Quote:

Do a factory data reset from the settings menu too. The custom splash will go away after a reboot.

All is good - thanks for the help
The Following User Says Thank You to brucejg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #327  
Flag Concord, NH
Thanks Meter: 51

729 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral70

Now that I look at it I guess it did install correctly. It did not wipe all data like I thought it would and bring me to the setup screen. Have you seen that before?

Thanks for responding.

This happened to me last week. I Odin'd back to stock and the phone was not wiped. All I did was wipe the phone from factory settings. I had never seen this before either. Glad you got it all figured out.
16th December 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #328  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,339

1,382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by putney1477

This happened to me last week. I Odin'd back to stock and the phone was not wiped. All I did was wipe the phone from factory settings. I had never seen this before either. Glad you got it all figured out.

This happens because most of the tar files released by Samsung do not wipe data. The only one so far that dose this is the NCG one. All the others are labeled Home in the file name and they don't wipe data. Why they did this I do not know but it's kind defeats the purpose of wanting to start fresh.
16th December 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #329  
Thanks Meter: 90

176 posts
Quote:

This happens because most of the tar files released by Samsung do not wipe data. The only one so far that dose this is the NCG one. All the others are labeled Home in the file name and they don't wipe data. Why they did this I do not know but it's kind defeats the purpose of wanting to start fresh.

It was the same when i had my moto droidx. If we screwed up or just wanted to start fresh we had to SBF(install original factory files) using rsdlite to take us back to stock. We always had to manually wipe data before or after we did the SBF.
16th December 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #330  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ooltewah
Thanks Meter: 1,525

1,225 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also make sure to uninstall Safestrap using the Safestrap app if you installed it, before wiping anything.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread