Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: How many of you will use Android L as your daily driver?
Yes, I will keep it 542 75.91%
No, it is too unstable for daily use 172 24.09%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

[OFFICIAL] Android Lollipop Discussion (Android Lollipop Released)

OP rap3rman

Yesterday, 10:34 AM   |  #1721  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 385

1,205 posts
More
I kinda like it, all my apps work but I'm having lots of force closes... When I'm scrolling in chrome or default browser it sometimes just crashes back to the home screen and YouTube is being annoying as well, often videos don't load it just gets stuck and after a while it says there was a problem please try again, I have to kill the app and restart it to get it to work again BTW this is on a fresh install and my apps were all manually redownloaded from google play.

Also does anyone have antutu problems? It always crashes at 48%(multitask) if I change my I/o settings it doesn't crash but I only get like 23K and the CPU integer and runtime test both give 0 as a result

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 02:36 PM   |  #1722  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 98

609 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

I have been running 5.0.1 since the day it came out with none of those issues. No leaks no studder and definitely no force closes. These are all symptoms of old conflicting data. With a clean install and not trying to use apps that are not yet compatible with ART, none of those issues will likely persist. Most problems (with system glitches anyways) after the lollipop update are coming from incompatible data. It happens with every android update.

I know a factory reset is seldom an attractive option, but it has cleared up most people's problems. If a factory reset doesn't do it, usually a clean flash of the factory image does.

The lag seems to creep in after few days of use ;suddenly and randomly ..Up until that point it is quite responsive. Lag seems to creep in after I switch user or if I close some intensive app(not sure) . Battery consumption while the device is in use is on the higher side compared to earlier .It seems CPU is working harder .Idle battery drain is very good though 1- 3% over 8 hrs .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Fiend v1.2.14.
Last edited by vkk178; Yesterday at 02:58 PM.
Yesterday, 09:07 PM   |  #1723  
Thanks Meter: 18

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

It's not on my N7 2013 w/5.0.1. Clean install not via ota.

For what it is worth and probably to add to the confusion lol:

I updated stock with OTA 5.0.1 ie not flashed image, never had 5.0 by any method, and I have Photos but not gallery, will probably install a 3rd party gallery app at some point.

N7 2013 UK stock and not rooted

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 10:04 PM   |  #1724  
Flag Monroe, MI
Thanks Meter: 31

145 posts
More
There is no Gallery app in 5.0/5.0.1. I use QuickPic.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 5.0, android l, june 2014
Previous Thread Next Thread