4th August 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #21  
Flag Saint Louis missouri
Thanks Meter: 156

588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutson23

You are so rite about restoring apps...it does not always work correctly. .But I do use TB pro for restoring my Call Log..Messages.. Data Usage..WiFi entrys..Browser Favorites..Alarms..and Bluetooth Pairings..
I have never had a problem restoring these when switching Roms..but your rite.. I also keep a backup of the Rom I am on..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah for the things you mentioned it is applicable for sure. You can use it to restore your apps from Rom to Rom my bad . I was thinking of the restore data function in recovery.. The last time i used TB there wasnt a restore all option which i didnt really like . I really wish you could restore multiple apps at once instaed of one by one.. Some people like keeping their call logs and messages which i understand and it is a great app for that .. I guess my opinion was a little biased LOL . Dont get me wrfong i keep TB on my phone at all times to freeze apps or to backup a system app before i remove it.. Some times i just do a data backup in recovery if i am just installing an update to a Rom but want a freash install .. So install the update then boot back into recovery and do a data only restore .Which works fine sometimes but can cause issues and i dont recommend it if changing roms cause will most certainly cause problems. Very Very useful app for alot of purposes other than just backing up apps Actually nevermind i forgot there is a restore all function
Last edited by spirodave; 4th August 2014 at 05:43 AM.
12th December 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #22  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 170

642 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by em0ney14

of course.

1. Open TiBu

2. click the menu button located in top right

3. click preferences

4. click backup folder location

5. press the back key hardware button until you are at the main device location /

6. select mnt

7. select extSDcard

8. you should now be here

you can select current location or create new folder, which is what I did and named it titanium backup.

hope that helps! !

T-Mobile Galaxy S5

Wow thank you so much bud!!! I couldn't figure out for the life of me on how to change it to ext sd card but you helped me out big time. I can't believe how simple it was to do !

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutson23

You are so rite about restoring apps...it does not always work correctly. .But I do use TB pro for restoring my Call Log..Messages.. Data Usage..WiFi entrys..Browser Favorites..Alarms..and Bluetooth Pairings..
I have never had a problem restoring these when switching Roms..but your rite.. I also keep a backup of the Rom I am on..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So how do you get TB to back up all that stuff besides apps?
16th December 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #23  
Flag sOmE WhErE
Thanks Meter: 94

394 posts
More
go to Main Menu under Special Backup / Restore select Backup data to XML, select Restore data from XML if u want restore from backup files.
Last edited by koolboyztn; 16th December 2014 at 07:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to koolboyztn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #24  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 170

642 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolboyztn

go to Main Menu under Special Backup / Restore select Backup data to XML, select Restore data from XML if u want restore from backup files.

Thanks bud i have been trying to figure that out for a while now and would have never thought of looking at xml backup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread