[REF]LG G Watch Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
I got to the screen where it says "now send the package you want to apply..." on the watch..now what? My computer fails to detect anything connected via USB in this mode, and there are no physical buttons to get out of this mode. So...basically I bricked my watch :(.

There is a tiny little reset-switch above the contacts on the back. Press and hold it because for me it seems that it's acting like a normal power button from a phone (never really tested it, only needed it once).

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
There is a tiny little reset-switch above the contacts on the back. Press and hold it because for me it seems that it's acting like a normal power button from a phone (never really tested it, only needed it once).

Oh thank god that worked..lol thanks.

Ok, at least *one* of you in this entire thread has adb working in recovery mode, can someone tell me how? Drivers installed and recognised in fastboot/bootloader, regular adb all working fine and dandy. But in recovery mode my computer fails to even recognise a device being plugged in (it doesn't show up in device manager, meaning I can't even 'install the correct driver' and so on).

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
Oh thank god that worked..lol thanks.

Ok, at least *one* of you in this entire thread has adb working in recovery mode, can someone tell me how? Drivers installed and recognised in fastboot/bootloader, regular adb all working fine and dandy. But in recovery mode my computer fails to even recognise a device being plugged in (it doesn't show up in device manager, meaning I can't even 'install the correct driver' and so on).

One thing I saw failing for me all the time was the damn pins on the charger :) I just gave them a little bit of an contact spray and now they work fine. Other problem my charger has is that the in-package cable was not fitting properly in the charger dock itself, making a bad contact which also failed sometimes. Happily I got a ton of other ones, found some that are working :)

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
One thing I saw failing for me all the time was the damn pins on the charger :) I just gave them a little bit of an contact spray and now they work fine. Other problem my charger has is that the in-package cable was not fitting properly in the charger dock itself, making a bad contact which also failed sometimes. Happily I got a ton of other ones, found some that are working :)

Without fail it works EVERYTIME i'm in any other mode...without moving the watch i get to recovery and BAM...no detection.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
KMV78Y → KNX01Q

That should be the final ota for KNX01Q, I dont believe there are any more.

A few points:
  • If you're having trouble flashing otas, you might want to make a new thread. It's slightly off topic and I dont have any wear devices so I cant provide assistance anyway
  • I still do not have a dump of KMV78N, if you have a dump or a device with it still installed: let me know
  • OP is now updated with newest files

Reactions: EthanFirst

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Bill Yi said:
hi All,

Today, we pushed a kernel project for kitkat-wear release. The kernel source can be found on the android-msm-dory-3.10-kitkat-wear branch in the kernel/msm project. It has the following tags:
android-4.4w_r9 Factory-ROM
android-4.4w_r10 Update #1

bill

There is another factory rom, likely due to a 2nd manufacturing batch.

There will also be another ota for the g watch soon also.

prototovsky

Dec 16, 2014
Madrid

I don´t know. It does not work by installing OTA with TWRP or flashing directly. I´ve tried to upload it with adb sideload and the original recovery, but it says "Error: protocol fault (no status), because I need adb 1.0.32 version.
I´ve installed also the new version, but it says "unexpected contents on the update.zip"...

Last edited:

alvaro_lsrs

Dec 5, 2011
I don´t know. It does not work by installing OTA with TWRP or flashing directly. I´ve tried to upload it with adb sideload and the original recovery, but it says "Error: protocol fault (no status), because I need adb 1.0.32 version.
I´ve installed also the new version, but it says "unexpected contents on the update.zip"...

lol i try to flash this and launch same error, i wait to OTA, not worry thanks!

psybill

Nov 30, 2004
I don't know what happened today, but it is the first time that adb sideload worked just fine on an android wear device. I am on 5.0.2!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should be able to see it if you have the ADB Universal drivers installed.https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/BQ5iYJEaaEH

sorry guys it looks like my lg g watch tool is what messed up the OTAs for everybody. the system image was to small. i have fixed the tool with a new system.img that has been tested and after restoring with version 5.1 you can take the ota update just fine again. my bad i am really sorry about all the headaches. but is it called development :) no one is perfect.
    Can someone post the 5.0.2 update in the wiki?

Here it is my update.zip from the 5.0.2 OTA inside the /cache partition:
    Introduction:
    This is a list of all known OTA's for the LG G watch

The LG G watch has it's ROMs built directly by google, instead of LG.

How to flash:
    • Requirements:
      • Stock recovery
      • Unmodified /system
      • Unlocked bootloader (Is this needed?)
      • Basic understanding of command line/shell (to unlock bootloader)

• Unlock your bootloader
      • Download and set up adb and fastboot
      • Reboot into fastboot mode (How do you do this for this device?)
      • Open up a command prompt/shell where you saved fastboot
      • enter into command prompt/shell: "fastboot oem unlock"
    • Enter recovery mode via onscreen buttons
    • Enable recovery ui
      • (How do you do this for this device?)
    • Set up adb
    • Select apply update from adb
    • enter into command prompt: "adb sideload <path to saved update.zip>

FAQ:
    • How to find the ota?
      • If you're rooted, wait for the device to prompt you to update, then check /cache for the file
      • If you're not rooted, wait until the same time and do an adb logcat and look for a line with .zip in it
    • Why isn't the latest ota listed?
      • We can only list what we have, if the ota from Build X to Build Y isn't listed, we dont have the file for it yet.
    • How do you setup adb/fastboot
      • Please read the stickies in the general subforum, this is not a formal guide
    • Do I need to unlock the bootloader to flash the update zip?
      • Yes, if you wish to do it manually.
        If you allow android to prompt for the update, you do not need to unlock
    • Can I flash this if I have a custom rom?
      • No, you must be on a stock AND unmodified rom
    • Can I flash this if I'm rooted?
      • Only if you have not modified any files

Credits:

Changelog:
    • Dec 2, 2014: Added LWX48P
    • Oct 24, 2014: Added KNX01Q
    • Sep 11, 2014: Changed Page Layout to match my other pages
    • Sep 11, 2014: Added KKV51/KMV78V → KGW42Q
    • Sep 9, 2014: Added KMV78Y → KGW42Q
    • Aug 6, 2014: Added KMV78V → KMV78Y
    • Aug 1, 2014: Added KKV51 → KMV78Y
    • Jul 3, 2014: Added KMV78N → KMV78V
    • Jun 26, 2014: Initial page

2char
    I would love if you could make some instructions i couldnt get past installing lgtools when i went to look for the folder on the c:\ there was no folder there.

I'll try to help a little.

1) Download this first: LGFlashtool V1.8: https://app.box.com/s/alckyp3h8nsse9lckwkl
    Install it. It's a straightforward install, but don't try to start it. You'll be greeted by a login.
    2) That's what the Crack Flashtool (Megalock.dll): https://app.box.com/s/cdu2laqdnxpn513rbhz5 is for. Extract the .dll from this .ZIP, and place it in the folder where the LGFlashtool installer created (C:\LG\LGFlashTool).
    3) Download http://d-h.st/6Wp, and extract the .TOT and LGW100_SVC_LGFLASHv186.dll from 2 of the ZIP that are in that big ZIP. You already have the LGFlashtool, so you can ignore that.
    4) Make sure you have the LGE device driver installed and configured on your workstation. Once you do, you'll need to place the watch in download mode - power it off, place it in the dock, and at the LG logo, swipe from bottom left to top right. This will put you in download mode, and will the device will show up in your Windows Device manager under Ports as "LGE Mobile USB Serial Port." Right-click on the device, click the Port Settings tab, hit the advanced button, and change the port number to 41. Okay out of all that.
    5) Undock your watch and let it reboot.
    6) Setup lgflashtool as he said (use the 2 files from step 3 above) and click the yellow arrow. Then put the watch into download mode (Turn off watch, place in cradle, swipe bottom left to top right at the LG Logo). Should take over automatically. Watch the fun begin as the LGFlashtool does its thing. It takes a few minutes, and will reboot your watch.
    7) You'll be back to stock and locked, so you will probably want to unlock and root again.

That's pretty quick and dirty, so if there's something glaring I missed, please correct me.