Unlimited tethering mod for T-Mobile S5

OP tech128

2nd December 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 9

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just a heads up

I worked with one of these phones a couple days ago because my friend wanted to be able to tether on the go without going over that gap T-Mobile currently have and I can tell you that If you make the sacrifice TW and install CM11, it'll register as normal data when you use it. Just make sure to set APN protocol to IPv4/IPv6.

I tried usb method and works like charm so I just wanted to clarify this.
Yesterday, 01:44 AM   |  #62  
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,053

590 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4

Just a heads up

I worked with one of these phones a couple days ago because my friend wanted to be able to tether on the go without going over that gap T-Mobile currently have and I can tell you that If you make the sacrifice TW and install CM11, it'll register as normal data when you use it. Just make sure to set APN protocol to IPv4/IPv6.

I tried usb method and works like charm so I just wanted to clarify this.

I currently have unlimited tethering (based on data plan) working 100% running my NK2 OZOP rom. It only counts data usage, no tether usage at all!

This is a good tut, however i found that the smali edit is more efficient and works 100% of the time. This mod requires init.d support (which most roms now support anyway) the csc edit and setting apn to ipv4 is crucial for success!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread