Official CM11 Nightlies

OP sargentmajord

17th December 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #521  
Thanks Meter: 127

1,535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Neither. Just do it from the terminal emulator app that's in your app drawer. It should be there by default when you installed CM (unless you uninstalled it. then just get it from the Play Store.).

OK so two questions:

How can I copy and paste it?
And does the $ sign have to be there at the beginning of each command?
17th December 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #522  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 329

1,504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess813

OK so two questions:

How can I copy and paste it?
And does the $ sign have to be there at the beginning of each command?

I typed it in manually, but I guess you can copy and paste from a mobile browser, but I don't know.

Yes the $ is needed. You need to type it exactly as it is with $ and spaces in between where they are in the code.

Also you won't get a confirmation after you type one line and press enter correctly. It will just go to another line, but don't worry, it worked if you don't get an error.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyphoenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #523  

1,535 posts
More

Am I doing this right
17th December 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #524  
Flag Orlando, FL

1,504 posts
More
Quote:

Am I doing this right

Nope. The "not found" is the error I was talking about if something is wrong. The code looks right, so I don't know why the error. Did you enter a space at the end? That's the only thing I can think of. It should just go to the next line to enter code again. I'd say try again, and make sure you enter right after the "l" in "cal" at the end. Maybe there was a space the first time.
17th December 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #525  

1,535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Nope. The "not found" is the error I was talking about if something is wrong. The code looks right, so I don't know why the error. Did you enter a space at the end? That's the only thing I can think of. It should just go to the next line to enter code again. I'd say try again, and make sure you enter right after the "l" in "cal" at the end. Maybe there was a space the first time.

I press enter after each sentence ..should I not ?
17th December 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #526  
Flag Orlando, FL

1,504 posts
More
Quote:

I press enter after each sentence ..should I not ?

Yes you should. at the end of the code for "...cal" as soon as you press "l" press enter to go to the next line to enter the next code. You shouldn't get the "not found" error. You actually don't get any confirmation if it's correct. You should just get a new line to enter on. So if you keep getting the error check out the link I gave with the codes. Maybe someone else had the same thing. I manually typed each line one by one, and I never got an error, so I don't know what it could be.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyphoenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread