OP Senior Member
Flag Port Elizabeth
Thanks Meter: 1,873

2,470 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roursamajor

Do you think that your work on dcraw can be ported on ufraw? As far as I know, ufraw is based on dcraw ( I used it long time ago at the beginning of the CHDK project), but it has a more friendly graphic interface, seeing what you do directly on the photo.

yup its doable I had made attempt to add it to rawtherapee but had issue with cmake files and mingw but the source can be patched infact rawtherapee uses libraw lib version of dcraw and I had that patched just never got around to fixing mingw
15th December 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #402  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcomg

Here you go
Added MT4G
This Version Replaces the One S as the both have the same identifier in dcraw but the MT4G has a different Bayer order.

About How I add devices I explained in some earlier post on this thread lol too lazy to look for it hehe.

Thanks! Any chance you could post the updated dcraw.c or the modified struct line?

My decoded RAW file has some coloration issues... it looks like red and blue are inverted, but I can't figure out if I can fix that with -r values or not. Do you have any ideas? I attached an example RAW (zipped) and its decoded JPEG, featuring Bach sitting on a stapler.

My dcraw cmd:
Code:
dcraw_x86_x64.exe -v -a -T IMG_20141211_174018_raw.raw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141211_174018_raw.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	3065740  
Attached Files
File Type: 7z IMG_20141211_174018_raw.7z - [Click for QR Code] (6.76 MB, 0 views)
15th December 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #403  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 19

96 posts
More
[QUOTE=anonymusneo;57485774]
Quote:

tried again, it doesnt FC but it doesnt create RAW either
tried both options in settings. it only creates jpg in nexus 4 with stock lollipop

Yes, thats what is happening to me too. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled all versions now. I can not get it successfully finish a raw pic now.
15th December 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #404  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Elizabeth

2,470 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletronz

Thanks! Any chance you could post the updated dcraw.c or the modified struct line?

My decoded RAW file has some coloration issues... it looks like red and blue are inverted, but I can't figure out if I can fix that with -r values or not. Do you have any ideas? I attached an example RAW (zipped) and its decoded JPEG, featuring Bach sitting on a stapler.

My dcraw cmd:

Code:
dcraw_x86_x64.exe -v -a -T IMG_20141211_174018_raw.raw

Try Use DCRAW Ui then change config to Xperia L / HTC Double

Settings > Xperia L / HTC Double Shoot Button > Save > Click back Icon "<" then drag or select file and start conversion.

but will post update dcraw.c in a min lemme just add some comments in it
15th December 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #405  
Flag Boston

4 posts
More
Quote:

Try Use DCRAW Ui then change config to Xperia L / HTC Double

Settings > Xperia L / HTC Double Shoot Button > Save > Click back Icon "<" then drag or select file and start conversion.

but will post update dcraw.c in a min lemme just add some comments in it

I tried the UI's MT4GS parameters and got a similar result, but it's a deeper blue (for the record, the background should be gray and Bach's garb is teal/light blue, not orange). I'll play around with different dcraw -r values more when I get home today and I'll post back once I get it looking better. Or maybe I should be trying different color filter values in the dcraw source?

EDIT: Just swapped the red and blue channels in the output TIFF (thanks, MATLAB!) and now I have a much better looking image. Colors are right, it's just kinda dark. Almost there!
Last edited by skeletronz; 16th December 2014 at 12:06 AM.
16th December 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #406  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Elizabeth

2,470 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried the UI's MT4GS parameters and got a similar result, but it's a deeper blue (for the record, the background should be gray and Bach's garb is teal/light blue, not orange). I'll play around with different dcraw -r values more when I get home today and I'll post back once I get it looking better. Or maybe I should be trying different color filter values in the dcraw source?

EDIT: Just swapped the red and blue channels in the output TIFF (thanks, MATLAB!) and now I have a much better looking image. Colors are right, it's just kinda dark. Almost there!

here is the source
Attached Files
File Type: zip dcraw_C_Source.zip - [Click for QR Code] (93.5 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to defcomg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #407  
Flag Boston

4 posts
More
Quote:

here is the source

Sweet, color issues are resolved after changing the MT4GS Bayer order from 0x94 to 0x16. Now all I have to do is tweak my dcraw flags.

Thanks again
16th December 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #408  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Elizabeth

2,470 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sweet, color issues are resolved after changing the MT4GS Bayer order from 0x94 to 0x16. Now all I have to do is tweak my dcraw flags.

Thanks again

if you using raw color space You need to make custom Color profile in Photoshop and make the Gamma 1.00

ie with this switch -4 -o 0 that's why it appear dark

else if using srgb adobe etc gamma should look fine

anyway here is something to try if you feel colours are still not correct
webstaff.itn.liu.se/~karlu/div/howto/cameraProfile.php
The Following User Says Thank You to defcomg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #409  
Flag Bari
Thanks Meter: 188

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troopii

a friend visit me next week with his s4 and then we will see what samsung did.

M8 any news?
17th December 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #410  
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 594

334 posts
Donate to Me
More
no, no news didnt met him. also i dont think that i will work on it this year.
got a new toy the sony qx1 and im adding the sony api to freedcam also started playing around with camera2.

but i have other worse news about L and raw capture.
according to the camera2 api. only full supported devices will have raw working on L.
That means yet only nexus 5/6 (will) have raw support.

lg released the L update for g3, and what happens,
they didnt fully implement camera2, and its get listed as legacy device with no raw support for L.
i think this will happen to the most devices wich was released with KK...... and get the L update.....
but its possible to capture raw with the old camera api again if it was supported on KK

after finding out that, i commited the code out wich activate api2.... frustration level: HIGH
Last edited by troopii; 17th December 2014 at 01:37 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troopii For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread